Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 24, 2015
Houston
I emailed Vic asking just that. Haven’t heard back yet but I will post here if I receive info.
I've heard from a couple of sources, that combined have made every intersquad so far this fall.

It's early but Justin Wroblesky, transfer pitcher from Clemson has electric stuff. 94 and can snap a curve. And a lefty!
Staff is deep and way more talented than recent years. Trevor Martin has showed at 95 and will need to develop secondary pitches but projects in a huge way ( literally). Dom Johnson and Christian Encarncion might get some quality time even though returning group is outstanding. Zach Cable was 95-97 and have to believe he will be the closer.

Top hitters thru 6 scrimmages:

Jake Thompson
Huey Morrill
Matthew Golda ( transfer Kentucky)
Cade Cabiness
Brock Mathis (4 homers)
Max Hewitt

Top pitchers:

Justin Wroblesky (transfer Clemson)
Zach Cable ( 97 velo)
Parker Scott
Roman Phansalkar
Kale Davis
Trevor Martin (95 velo)
(Bryce Osmond has not pitched yet)

this is the run down i got from another OSU site.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I've heard from a couple of sources, that combined have made every intersquad so far this fall.

It's early but Justin Wroblesky, transfer pitcher from Clemson has electric stuff. 94 and can snap a curve. And a lefty!
Staff is deep and way more talented than recent years. Trevor Martin has showed at 95 and will need to develop secondary pitches but projects in a huge way ( literally). Dom Johnson and Christian Encarncion might get some quality time even though returning group is outstanding. Zach Cable was 95-97 and have to believe he will be the closer.

Jake Thompson
Huey Morrill
Cade Cabiness
Brock Mathis (4 homers)
Max Hewitt

Top pitchers:

Zach Cable ( 97 velo)
Parker Scott
Roman Phansalkar
Kale Davis
Trevor Martin (95 velo)

So, are these scrimmages open to the public? Spill it!

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com

Jake Thompson
Huey Morrill
Cade Cabiness
Brock Mathis (4 homers)
Max Hewitt

Top pitchers:

Zach Cable ( 97 velo)
Parker Scott
Roman Phansalkar
Kale Davis
Trevor Martin (95 velo)

Man this gets me excited for some Cowboy Baseball! Thanks for the rundown. I really feel like that nationally people are really overlooking how loaded we will be. And, I know there are other programs that also benefitted from getting guys back that they expected to lose, but still, we're going to be loaded.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma

Jake Thompson
Huey Morrill
Cade Cabiness
Brock Mathis (4 homers)
Max Hewitt

Top pitchers:

Zach Cable ( 97 velo)
Parker Scott
Roman Phansalkar
Kale Davis
Trevor Martin (95 velo)

I didn't think Justin Wrobleski would make it to campus due to the scholarship situation. I know we lost a JUCO arm in Cole Ayers and decided to reopen his recruitment. This is a huge get especially since he's another LHP. He was a kid that was up to 95 last fall so his velo isn't all that shocking. Glad to have him.

Trevor Martin was one of those prospect in a normal draft year, he likely gets drafted due to having an outstanding senior season. He's a big kid at 6'5 220+ from small town Asher, OK. He does throw 4 pitches, but like you said, his breaking pitches need refinement. I know he was pitching during the summer and was up to 96 MPH. I think he has the tools to become a weekend rotation, but likely next year IMO. He has Friday night potential, and yes over potential 2022 1st round pick in Bryce Osmond. His stuff is that electric.

I'm not surprised by Dominic Johnson....kid was likely going to sign if his senior year wasn't cancelled. He might be small in stature, but swings a pretty loud bat, and he's a plus plus defender with speed. Fastest kid on the team. Likely has a chance to become that 4th OF, and start for McCusker knowing he has back issues.

I've said this before Christian will be in the lineup somewhere whether it's at 3rd, 1st, or DH. The glove is good, the arm is better, but his bat is simply too good not to have in the lineup.

Cable made quite a bit of money this summer....he's definitely on MLB scouts radar. If he can continue to harness that control, he'll be drafted high, like top 5 rounds. Even though he touched 98 MPH this summer, his two breaking pitches caught people eyes as well especially his splitter.

Not surprised the guys mentioned are the ones standing out from a hitting perspective. All of them were playing summer ball and it shows. Brock Mathis also made money this summer...and he's on MLB scouts radar. His bat was on display all summer, and teams love his defense, leadership as well as the power bat he showed.

Glad to see Roman is pitching well...that 1st year after Tommy John is typically a struggle. He has the stuff, just needs the confidence.

We have a lot of talented freshman on the roster that likely won't see him playing time. I hope they stay, but I understand if they want to play, they'll likely head to JUCO.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Some of our HS prospects performing in Florida this week...most are 2022, and one 2021 who likely is a MLB draft casualty. The 2021 MLB will be in July, and will have 20 round minimum. Could extend to 40, just depends how much scouts are our seeing HS, JUCO, D1, international prospects, etc. but based on what I'm seeing scouts have been watching HS prospects all summer, which is a very good thing for the kids, not so much for powerhouse schools like ourselves. Scouts did get to see some summer ball prospects, and so far have been able to see fall baseball scrimmages for collegiate players. I don't think you'll see 40 rounds, but 30 rounds is realistic IMO. Also here's some footage of our newest 2022 commit Trenton Shaw. Here's our top ranked prospect in that class, ahead of Jackson Holliday....who is also a top 50 player. Yes Matt Holliday's son.

https://twitter.com/BFScout/status/1312250351991566336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/PG_Scouting/status/1312038634372112386?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/PG_Scouting/status/1311714917108666368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/GGerardPG/status/1312815316632776704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/FiveTool/status/1294058954260131840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Any strong rumors of who might be on the non con schedule for 2021 in O'Brate? I wouldn't be surprised if mid week games don't happen in 2021, but I hope they keep the same amount of non con weekend series. Any chance we get Vandy to come like what was the original plan? Or will Oregon State still make the return trip since last year was cancelled?

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Any strong rumors of who might be on the non con schedule for 2021 in O'Brate? I wouldn't be surprised if mid week games don't happen in 2021, but I hope they keep the same amount of non con weekend series. Any chance we get Vandy to come like what was the original plan? Or will Oregon State still make the return trip since last year was cancelled?
Just hoping it's quality opponents to challenge the team early and sharpen their games. If I get any early info, I'll let you know.

Osuatty

Greenhorn
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
I have seen several scrimmages and the team is more talented in terms of depth than any I have seen in years. There is competition for positions even with the experience returning and there are probably 12-15 capable arms. I think there are some very high level stars like Caeden Trenkle, Carson McCusker, and Huey Morril on the offensive side and Justin Wroblesky, Bryce Osmand (has not thorn this fall) and Parker Scott on the mound. Jake Thompson and Max Hewitt are leading hitters this fall. Pitchers Colton Bowman and Roman Phansalkar have been really good this fall. Newcomers like Dom Johnson and Christian Encarncion and Eric Walker and Trevor Martin will all make an impact in the Spring I think. I am certainly missing a few players who deserve high mention because the roster is unusually large and as I mentioned very talented. The level of play at all D-1 schools is going to be vastly improved due to Covid redshirt and short draft.

Oct 18, 2020
Stillwater ok
On Saturday October 10th scrimmage there was 40 scouts with their radar guns to see Osmond pitch. The transfer from Florida left handed Wroblesky was dynamic last Saturday. Kid is big time. Looks like the transfer from Kentucky Golda will play a lot at second base. With the major league’s only going 5 rounds we have several kids here that probably would be in the minors today. Dom Johnson and Orlando Selinas would certainly be two. Bottom line is we are loaded. Can’t wait for February and the start of college baseball!

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Bryce hasn't pitched and likely won't pitch in the fall.....Besides, Bryce isn't draft eligible yet, but I'm positive scouts inquired about him to see how he's doing. He's a 1st round talent in the 2022 draft.

Justin Wrobleski was the main attraction as was others....LHP from JUCO that sits 92-95 tops out at 96. In a normal year, he doesn't make it to campus. He was having a good start to spring before everything shut down. Scouts were there to see Parker, but how many idk. Truth is he's a 23 year LHP that will be 24 when the season starts...He's a little long in the tooth for a collegiate player, but all it takes is one to like you.

There were other guys scouts were there to see:

Brock Mathis- Catcher: He made some money this summer and scouts took notice of his bat, especially his raw power. Scouts like his defense as well.

Hueston Morrill - SS: He's a great defender with a plus arm. Above average speed. Some scouts want to see if he can tap into some power in his bat.

Zack Cable RHP- Another player who made money, and took a leap in terms of velo. Went from sitting 92-93 to sitting 96-98 along with a nasty splitter. If he continues to harness his control...he could go pretty high...like top 5 rounds.

Matt Golda INF- Junior transfer from Kentucky....expect him to start at 2nd base. He's been one of the better hitters in the fall.

Cade Cabbiness- OF: Senior that has all the tools, expect the bat. The bat is the biggest question for scouts. He's a great defender, and has a plus arm. Runs well for his size, and has plus power in the bat. The question is can he hit. He looks to have turned the corner, and hit really well in the Texas Collegiate League this summer against good arms.

Don't know if scouts asked about Roman Phansalker, but I know he's been pitching really well this fall. It took him awhile since having TJ, but he's seemed to have turned the corner.

Brett Standlee, Alix Garcia, and Carson McCusker all probably got inquired about