Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
According to mlb.com Donnie Walton has been called up to the big league roster. Hasn’t had an AB yet, but he’s back in the big leagues. Good for him.

On a side note, it’s really cool to see two pitchers absolutely dominating the big leagues right now from that 2016 CWS game 1 match up with UCSB. Both Bieber and Hatch have ERA’s below 2.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
So I have a question for people that are able to pay attention a lot more to the team than I do? With all of the production coming back on the infield and the incoming players that have ability to produce right away. What do you guys expect the starting infield too look like, once we get to the spring? Because with a couple transfers there seems to be a log jam at 2nd, SS and 3rd.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
So I have a question for people that are able to pay attention a lot more to the team than I do? With all of the production coming back on the infield and the incoming players that have ability to produce right away. What do you guys expect the starting infield too look like, once we get to the spring? Because with a couple transfers there seems to be a log jam at 2nd, SS and 3rd.

Not really sure how things will shake out. I really do expect Morrill to anchor the SS position. He's just too good defensively to not have him there most games. Encarnacion is a strong candidate for 3rd. I don't think we brought in Golda to sit at all, he'll start somewhere, whether it's 2nd or 3rd. And then the wild card is Jake Thompson. His bat was impressive to me, so I would like to see him in the line up somewhere, maybe mostly DH'ing. I think 1st is Garcia all the way. I think Hewitt probably won't see as much time in the IF, but will split innings at C with Mathis. This is all guessing, I really don't know. I've seen others say that Encarnacion's bat will play, and I just don't see any way we brought Golda in to sit or platoon. Just my 2 cents.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
Not really sure how things will shake out. I really do expect Morrill to anchor the SS position. He's just too good defensively to not have him there most games. Encarnacion is a strong candidate for 3rd. I don't think we brought in Golda to sit at all, he'll start somewhere, whether it's 2nd or 3rd. And then the wild card is Jake Thompson. His bat was impressive to me, so I would like to see him in the line up somewhere, maybe mostly DH'ing. I think 1st is Garcia all the way. I think Hewitt probably won't see as much time in the IF, but will split innings at C with Mathis. This is all guessing, I really don't know. I've seen others say that Encarnacion's bat will play, and I just don't see any way we brought Golda in to sit or platoon. Just my 2 cents.
I tend to agree with you, the thing is Golda is a SS so I don’t know if you ask him to play 2nd or you just move Morrill back over.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I tend to agree with you, the thing is Golda is a SS so I don’t know if you ask him to play 2nd or you just move Morrill back over.
Morrill is our SS......Golda is a good player and has a good glove, but Morrill's glove is elite, and will be one of the premier college SS in the country from a defensive standpoint. Golda will play where a spot is available. Jake Thompson was a 2nd baseman at Kentucky before being asked to play 3rd when he transferred here. Golda will start somewhere...likely 2nd IMO

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I agree and pretty much spot on in most of you're point. I like Thompson at 3rd if his glove improves. Nolan McLean is currently with football so I don't know how much work he'll get in the fall. Hewitt will be the ultimate utility player. Encarnacion's bat will be in the lineup....its just too good.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Good for johnathon heasley. He’s a top 30 prospect in a very deep pitching talent pool in their organization.

https://twitter.com/FlannyMLB/status/1302726071037632517?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw