Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Osuatty

Greenhorn
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
I did. Offensively, Huey had 3 hits I think. Benge had a line drive single and deep drive to left center. Erhard ( FL frosh) two doubles. Really runs well. Bay had a good hit as did Marcus Brown. Roc didn’t get a hit but takes pro ABs. Not a ton of offense. Dillon Marsh ( KY transfer) and Badon Root ( Ohio St) were the best on the mound IMO as both had good command, strikeouts and soft contact. Will be there again tomorrow.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
I did. Offensively, Huey had 3 hits I think. Benge had a line drive single and deep drive to left center. Erhard ( FL frosh) two doubles. Really runs well. Bay had a good hit as did Marcus Brown. Roc didn’t get a hit but takes pro ABs. Not a ton of offense. Dillon Marsh ( KY transfer) and Badon Root ( Ohio St) were the best on the mound IMO as both had good command, strikeouts and soft contact. Will be there again tomorrow.
How did Lyle green and the big outfielder transfers look?

Osuatty

Greenhorn
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
Young guys stood out on offense. Erhart and Benge again had multiple hit games. Think Brumbaugh had a hit. . Ian Daughtery had a big home run as did Lyle Miller-Green. There were 10 plus hits today in a four inning scrimmage. Only about 5 hits in a six inning scrimmage. Young pitchers mostly today likely the reason.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
Young guys stood out on offense. Erhart and Benge again had multiple hit games. Think Brumbaugh had a hit. . Ian Daughtery had a big home run as did Lyle Miller-Green. There were 10 plus hits today in a four inning scrimmage. Only about 5 hits in a six inning scrimmage. Young pitchers mostly today likely the reason.
I know it’s extremely early but any thoughts on what a starting lineup might look like.

Jun 24, 2021
Oklahoma, OK
Any scrimmage updates?
Saw yesterday's scrimmage.

Random thoughts on it.

1) McClean and Bay homer among others. Power is definitely there ...... hoping for an average of consistency from them for driving runs in.
2) Binge has some upside ... looked good at the plate.
3) Brown at shortstop yesterday... would bring more offensive potential to the position but may struggle with arm strength on some throws. Love his energy.
4) The freshman from Stillwater had a good outing on the mound to start the intersquad.
5) McClean on the mound struggled at times but potential .... maybe a closer-type role.
6) Obviously as our pitching goes .... so does the wins.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater

Random thoughts on it.

1) McClean and Bay homer among others. Power is definitely there ...... hoping for an average of consistency from them for driving runs in.
3) Brown at shortstop yesterday... would bring more offensive potential to the position but may struggle with arm strength on some throws. Love his energy.
4) The freshman from Stillwater had a good outing on the mound to start the intersquad.
5) McClean on the mound struggled at times but potential .... maybe a closer-type role.
I have thought that McClean can fill the role that Jordy played for us, mainly positional player, but can come in and close games for us when needed :thumbup:

Aug 24, 2015
Houston

Random thoughts on it.

I think we can all agree that the Friday night spot is locked down as long as there is no health issues.

Osuatty

Greenhorn
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
I watched the full BP yesterday. There is some monster power on this squad. Of course, that does not translate to offensive production in season, but if there is ever a team homerun derby, I like our chances. McClean has more raw power that anyone who has played at OSU in the last couple of decades. Newcomer Doershing has won two college summer homerun derbies and he has huge power. Garrett Martin is another newcomer with incredible raw power. Likewise with Miller-Green. Of the freshmen, Benge and Meola have surprising power for their youth and stature.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
heasley gets his first win in his MLB career in his final start of the season. Good for the young man as he’s had a remarkable year.
https://twitter.com/Royals/status/1444151543608102915?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw