Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Bottom of ninth two outs tied 6-6 and Carson was intentionally walked and the next batter struck OUTon three strikes. Going to extra innings. McCusker was 2-2 today so his BA should be over .400 now.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Matt kroon has had a breakout season. He’s been a utility man as he’s played 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and all OF spots. Hopefully he can continue to work up the ranks and become a utility man in the bigs

https://twitter.com/Mitch_Rupert/status/1431767824045953025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
We were his first offer and he committed on the spot. He’s now blown up and wants to look for a so called “better” school and likely to the SEC. He’s now one of the top prospects in the nation but like I said, I really don’t think he makes it to a college campus but you never know.

Osuatty

Greenhorn
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
This will be a very bad sign if we lose Chase based on his perception that the SEC is a better baseball conference. Realize that the Big 12 still has Texas and with Texas Tech and TCU, those are recent Omaha teams plus OSU. My bet is that he winds up at Texas but I would still like to know what really happened and what "uncertainties" he is talking about if its not that OSU is dropping to a group of five. .

May 1, 2021
Stillwater
This will be a very bad sign if we lose Chase based on his perception that the SEC is a better baseball conference. Realize that the Big 12 still has Texas and with Texas Tech and TCU, those are recent Omaha teams plus OSU. My bet is that he winds up at Texas but I would still like to know what really happened and what "uncertainties" he is talking about if its not that OSU is dropping to a group of five. .
Maybe we should talk about why a lot of portal transfer and some players actually quitting. There is a lot behind the scenes that people might not know or understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osuatty

Greenhorn
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
Fill us in please. I know that Brock Mathis "quit" but I think he has already played 4 years of college baseball and is engaged. I am not aware of others who quit but I am curious about what might be going on. I know we were able to persuade several draft guys in the new freshman class to come to campus so that's good.

May 1, 2021
Stillwater
Fill us in please. I know that Brock Mathis "quit" but I think he has already played 4 years of college baseball and is engaged. I am not aware of others who quit but I am curious about what might be going on. I know we were able to persuade several draft guys in the new freshman class to come to campus so that's good.
He is one, didn’t quit of quality, but to pave the way for next wave of players. One of the portal transfers will be a high draft pick in 2022 and is a great student/person, the issue was coaching staff didn’t spend time on that player and didn’t realize they had a gem.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021
Stillwater
Maybe we should talk about why a lot of portal transfer and some players actually quitting. There is a lot behind the scenes that people might not know or understand.

What players are transferring or quitting?
there was a lot, don’t have access to list but i believe it was posted on this thread

Osuatty

Greenhorn
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
Golda and Salinas, both infielders, were the two best from last season that wound up in the portal IMO. Admittedly we had a few pitchers also transfer (Bavon, Hernandez, etc.) but we did not see them to see their talents (of course the coaches did). I don't see the high draft pick in 2022 unless you are talking about Golda potentially, but you know more than me.