Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
Oklahoma St. had two 2022 commits play in the PG All American game for the West team at Petco Park in San Diego last night. Jackson Holliday started at 2nd base and Chase Shores a 6’8 RHP touched 95 and had a quick 5 pitch inning. The East beat the West, as the East pitchers combined to no hit the West.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I guess Gunnar Gundy played baseball with Jackson Holiday for Stillwater HS. Wasn’t Gundy a Pitcher? Seems Mahomes had said his pitching helped him in football and Weeden was a great College QB after being drafted MLB. Since Gundy is most likely a backup QB as a walk on would he be able to play Baseball at OSU as a walkon? Would he have better chance of being drafted by MLB if he played both sports at OSU?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Mahomes was a sure fire 1st round pick if he decided on baseball out of HS. Gunnar or anyone in the the family doesn't have near that kind of talent.
Mahomes was drafted 37 round by Detroit but he was going to play football. I guess he could have gone 1st round. Was Weeden a first round pick? I thought Gunnar was a good pitcher in High School.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Mahomes was drafted 37 round by Detroit but he was going to play football. I guess he could have gone 1st round. Was Weeden a first round pick? I thought Gunnar was a good pitcher in High School.
He made it clear football was his priority, which is why teams didn’t bother. He was a legitimate 1st round pick if he chose baseball. Gunnar didn’t play baseball but his brother gage plays for Stillwater. Weeden was a 1st round pick

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
He made it clear football was his priority, which is why teams didn’t bother. He was a legitimate 1st round pick if he chose baseball. Gunnar didn’t play baseball but his brother gage plays for Stillwater. Weeden was a 1st round pick
I thought one of the Gundy kids was a baseball player so it is Gage not Gunner.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Weeden was a second round baseball selection in 2002. He was the first player drafted by the NYY in that draft. He was a first round NFL draft pick.

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
Weeden was a second round pick by the Yankees. Mahomes was the 419 prospect by Baseball America coming out of HS.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Weeden made the best decision at the time. It’s hard to turn down the signing bonus. The Yankees didn’t have a first round pick and Weeden was the first pick they had in the draft.
He was over rated as a pitcher and didn’t make it to the bigs. Had he gone football he probably would have started many years in NFL but he could not get past being too old for NFL.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Tri-Valley won in a slug fest yesterday for 13-12 win and McCusker went 3-4 with 4 RBI and now his BA is up to .377. They batted around whole order in the 7th inning and scoring 9 runs and McCuster batted twice that inning.

Last edited: