Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Lots of people assuming we will get Ulloa to campus, but still nothing official that I’ve seen. I saw a tweet where someone said he was draft eligible for 2022, is that right?

https://twitter.com/bhris_cecker316/status/1421960817294069761?s=20

https://twitter.com/jacobunruh/status/1421958828191531010?s=20

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Well it wouldn’t surprise me, but I really hope we can convince him to come to Stillwater.

Who is the 4th recruit that didn’t sign besides Ulloa, Ure, and Riggio? Ehrhard?
correct….ehrhard didn’t sign with Boston, which wasn’t all that surprising.

for ulloa, it comes down does he want to spend 3 years in college or one year via JUCO. If he really wants to go pro, the JUCO route is likely. If wants to be developed and wants to hold off playing pro ball for the moment, he ends up in Stillwater IMO.

pokefan05

Country Boys Country Toys
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
correct….ehrhard didn’t sign with Boston, which wasn’t all that surprising.

for ulloa, it comes down does he want to spend 3 years in college or one year via JUCO. If he really wants to go pro, the JUCO route is likely. If wants to be developed and wants to hold off playing pro ball for the moment, he ends up in Stillwater IMO.
But serious questions, why would he not sign as a 4th rounder, if he really wanted to go pro sooner than later? Not much chance of him improving his stock at JUCO. To me, it looks like he wants to go to college.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
But serious questions, why would he not sign as a 4th rounder, if he really wanted to go pro sooner than later? Not much chance of him improving his stock at JUCO. To me, it looks like he wants to go to college.
He might have just not liked the offer from the Astros and figured he could get a better offer next year, not wanting to put off the pay day and playing pro ball. Trey Griffin did the same thing to us about a decade ago.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
But yes I agree with your sentiments. Last night my wife was frustrated by the situation and was asking why even sign if he didn’t intend to go pro.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Because he had a price range that he and his family likely had in mind and houston didn't want to pay it. Houston simply botched this IMO and should've been an easy sign, but for whatever reason they didn't Second, actually going to JUCO, he could improve his draft stock as well as find a team that will pay him to his desired number. Not everyone wants to spend 3 years in college. Maybe he does, but if he wants get to the pros, JUCO is the best bet, assuming he performs at a high level of course. This year was a very deep HS SS draft class, next year favors him much more IMO.

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
I think he comes to Stillwater and utilizes the next 3 yrs to get better, and be part of a program that is about to really take off. The addition of Roc and Alex is huge, and along with the other additions the Pokes will look much different than recent yrs.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
It will be interesting, what happens with the middle infield if Morril comes back and Brown having the summer he had and then Riggio coming in. Also if Ulloa comes in he is a SS.