Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 26, 2012
Is every baseball game going to be on this same thread so there is 10000 posts on it by the end of the year. Noticed softball doing the same thing. How about a new thread for each game?

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
So, I know that there are strike throwing kinks to be worked out with a couple of them. But what if by tournament time we could line up Kelly throwing 96 in the 7th, Martin throwing 95 in the 8th, and Cable throwing 98 in the 9th? Crazy.

Martin kind of reminded me of Randy McCurry today when he was a true freshman before having to have TJ surgery. He was never the same on the mound after that.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
So, I know that there are strike throwing kinks to be worked out with a couple of them. But what if by tournament time we could line up Kelly throwing 96 in the 7th, Martin throwing 95 in the 8th, and Cable throwing 98 in the 9th? Crazy.

Martin kind of reminded me of Randy McCurry today when he was a true freshman before having to have TJ surgery. He was never the same on the mound after that.
Wasn’t he warming up when it happened? I have some memory of listening to Rex and The Chief when they were playing out in L.A. and I stepped away and came back and another pitcher was coming on. Really too bad, he was a stud.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma

john Kelly has put on 20 lbs this off-season. He’s been putting together a lot of work behind the scenes.

Oct 8, 2008
Josh loves having a grass field and he stressed that in a lot of his interviews about OBrate. However, you just lose so many fewer games to weather with a turf field. I live in Dallas and we had 2-4 inches of snow over the last week and people are actually playing on their turf fields today once they spent some time shoveling them off yesterday. Ball parks down here with grass won’t be playing until mid week at best. I’ve seen turf fields get 2 inches of rain and 30 minutes later teams are playing ball on them. My bet is within 10 years OBrate will be turf and you’ll be hard pressed to find a grass field at the college level. I’m old school so I like Josh love a beautiful grass field and we’ve always had a well maintained beautiful grass field but comes down to losing more games on a grass field or losing fewer on turf. Anybody else have thoughts? PTak?
I thought the same thing about football, but there are still several big university's that use grass.