Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
It's satire but he was making a point. And let's be fair. Does anyone believe that the lab leak theory isn't plausible? If someone says the Chinese did it intentionally I think that's nuts. But to say the lab that studies viruses like what we are dealing with in animals we believe it started with messed up? That's less right wing conspiracy and more of a well maybe in my book.
Sure. That’s fair.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1407853085901340677
Nearly all COVID-19 fatalities in U.S. among unvaccinated patients, data show..AMA News
The AP (6/24, Johnson, Stobbe) reports “only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19” fatalities in the U.S. last month “were in fully vaccinated people,” and “‘breakthrough’ infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations,” according to an AP analysis of CDC data. These data represent “a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day – now down to under 300 – could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.”

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Nearly all COVID-19 fatalities in U.S. among unvaccinated patients, data show..AMA News
The AP (6/24, Johnson, Stobbe) reports “only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19” fatalities in the U.S. last month “were in fully vaccinated people,” and “‘breakthrough’ infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations,” according to an AP analysis of CDC data. These data represent “a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day – now down to under 300 – could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.”
For the love of all that is holy, please PLEASE get the vaccine if you can. You could literally be saving the life of someone who can't receive the vaccine because of age or compromised immune system.

Mar 11, 2006
Admittedly, this is a minor personal irritant. But why is the US continuing to require a negative COVID test to re-enter the United States? I am traveling on vacation to a European country next week and that country requires a vaccination card. It does not require a negative COVID test. Great — my wife and I have our vaccines.
But due to US restrictions, the vaccine card is of no use to get back into the country. So I am having to schedule a COVID test while in Greece.

Certainly a personal gripe, but if vaccines are proving to be so effective, why not allow US citizens with vaccines to re-enter without having to get a COVID test while abroad?

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Everyone knew that when he said it. He wasn’t joking his intent was clear I mean he is a comedian but the intent was clear…..that’s like if he said something about the massive football game at the biggest structure in Stillwater built for football…. Then someone coming along saying “it’s actually called Boone Pickens Stadium so this makes no sense”. Everyone on Earth knows what he is talking about. Watch the clip.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Only 13 suited up. Half the starting lineup and five players started at positions they do not normally play. Oh, and they lost.
I listened to a few innings on the radio. They have to face two pitchers that are early first round draft picks back to back so it was tough to begin with. But they are dealing with it because a few kids chose not to get the shot. That's on the kids that chose personal beliefs over getting vaccinated. They made their call and as adults that's on them.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
For the love of all that is holy, please PLEASE get the vaccine if you can. You could literally be saving the life of someone who can't receive the vaccine because of age or compromised immune system.
Good lord, if you only knew some of the all out nonsense and insanity going out for why nobody should dare get vaccinated for COVID-19, maybe you'd understand why hardly anybody is getting vaccinated now. That your body will become magnetized is just the mildest part of it.

In its ads the government should be debunking the sheer nonsense and paranoia that has been going out on the Internet against taking the vaccines.

Last edited: