Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
We aren't talking about flat earth, why should a young healthy person who currently lives in a place that is back to normal already, whose parents and grandparents have either gotten the vaccination or equally see no benefit in the vaccine at this point. We have to give them a reason t do it that benefits them or accept that they will choose not to do it. you apparently don't understand how people calculate risk, which is what we have to address if we want more people to get vaccinated. we have to meet people where they are and give them a reason to get the vaccine
Eradication, like with smallpox and polio. Those diseases are effectively extinct in first world countries entirely because of mass vaccination.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
OK. So, exactly what Kamala did by trusting healthcare officials, but not Trump. Got it. ;)
1620680255638.png
The quicker you realize that ALL politicians are political BS artist the better. Not just some of them...but all of them. Why the f "we the people" care about anything they say is beyond me and a by-product of the outrange addiction culture created by the media for $$$$$'s.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
View attachment 90148 The quicker you realize that ALL politicians are political BS artist the better. Not just some of them...but all of them. Why the f "we the people" care about anything they say is beyond me and a by-product of the outrange addiction culture created by the media for $$$$$'s.
One can hold someone accountable without being outraged. It happens all the time.

“Outrage addiction culture” is a red herring. I’m just calling out the whataboutisms folks use to excuse Trump (whether they claim not to like the guy, vote for him, love Jesus, or any other excuse).

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
One can hold someone accountable without being outraged. It happens all the time.

“Outrage addiction culture” is a red herring. I’m just calling out the whataboutisms folks use to excuse Trump (whether they claim not to like the guy, vote for him, love Jesus, or any other excuse).
Red herrings are red herrings...Outrage addiction culture is what we are suffering from in America. it doesn't matter if that outrage is against Obama, Trump, Biden, Pelosi, or Cruise. The truth that America has done great things, yet still needs some work is being lost in the outrange and the constant drum beat of the Press to pit Americans against one another and to paint the country as...you name it...as long as it's a negative depiction and causes news stories to explode so they can cover them and create more outrage in the cycle. Stop playing the outrage game and it goes away...it's the only way to stop those who want to destroy our American goodness.
1620682762407.png

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Another interesting tidbit. Pfizer apparently sent stability data to the FDA on April 30 showing it could be held at regular fridge temperatures for up to 4 weeks. These two developments are game changers for the next push in vaccination. Storage because it can go to harder to reach places and can be used more flexibly with things like walk in or mobile clinics. You can keep more doses out and more aggressively push those kinds of strategies.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Red herrings are red herrings...Outrage addiction culture is what we are suffering from in America. it doesn't matter if that outrage is against Obama, Trump, Biden, Pelosi, or Cruise. The truth that America has done great things, yet still needs some work is being lost in the outrange and the constant drum beat of the Press to pit Americans against one another and to paint the country as...you name it...as long as it's a negative depiction and causes news stories to explode so they can cover them and create more outrage in the cycle. Stop playing the outrage game and it goes away...it's the only way to stop those who want to destroy our American goodness.
View attachment 90150
I get what you’re saying, so you can stop repeating yourself and Racksplaining.

I’m telling you that Trump did erode trust in our healthcare experts and providers. I can state that and point to evidence without being “outrage addiction culture.” You’re just creating a distress toon from the issue at hand. I recognize the Democrats play their games and I call them out too (Maxine Waters, for example). But whenever Trump is brought up, the usual suspects show up and say what about X or Y? I’m not biting.

The reason we shouldn’t ignore what Trump did to erode trust is because that it’s a tactic used to weaken the institutions of our democracy. Even if one is skeptical whether weakening democracy (and gaining/retaining power) was Trump’s goal, we should be vigilant to keep others from attempting it in the future.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

I’m telling you that Trump did erode trust in our healthcare experts and providers. I can state that and point to evidence without being “outrage addiction culture.” You’re just creating a distress toon from the issue at hand. I recognize the Democrats play their games and I call them out too (Maxine Waters, for example). But whenever Trump is brought up, the usual suspects show up and say what about X or Y? I’m not biting.

The reason we shouldn’t ignore what Trump did to erode trust is because that it’s a tactic used to weaken the institutions of our democracy. Even if one is skeptical whether weakening democracy (and gaining/retaining power) was Trump’s goal, we should be vigilant to keep others from attempting it in the future.
I fail to see where our "Democracy" which we are not, in it's purest form as a nation (We are a Democratic Republic), has been "weakened." In fact freedom of thought being strengthened creates more Democracy, not less. Bottom line, freedom isn't free, and powers need to be neutralized (both of bad government and bad business) by a moral and upright people (We the). However, when those people become less and less morally upright, we will lose our "Democracy." Obama, Trump, Biden are all simply sad reflections of a more divided and less upright "we the people." It's been forever since we have had a real and lasting uniting force in leadership in the White House …In my lifetime, it's really only been Reagan and to a lessor extent Clinton and W. My 55 years of life has seen a long list of POTUS dividers and/or failures to unite with the exception of these three. Blaming all that on one man is not only incorrect, it's counter productive to the goal of unity.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I fail to see where our "Democracy" which we are not, in it's purest form as a nation (We are a Democratic Republic), has been "weakened." In fact freedom of thought being strengthened creates more Democracy, not less. Bottom line, freedom isn't free, and powers need to be neutralized (both of bad government and bad business) by a moral and upright people (We the). However, when those people become less and less morally upright, we will lose our "Democracy." Obama, Trump, Biden are all simply sad reflections of a more divided and less upright "we the people." It's been forever since we have had a real and lasting uniting force in leadership in the White House …In my lifetime, it's really only been Reagan and to a lessor extent Clinton and W. My 55 years of life has seen a long list of POTUS dividers and/or failures to unite with the exception of these three. Blaming all that on one man is not only incorrect, it's counter productive to the goal of unity.
Two words: January 6th.

I’m done talking about this. I’m sure everyone else is long past reading about it. I’ll stop detailing the thread.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
In other news...our "Democracy" is strengthened, quite literally, when "you" go get your Covid Vaccine that the Trump Administration:innocent: along with vaccine producers, the FDA and CDC, was able to get accomplished in record time and handed to the next Administration on a silver platter as the answer to Covid.. SO....

Go get the shot...Strengthen our "Democracy!" :love::love::love:

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Washing everyday in the Rivers is part of religion/health in India. However, many people too weak from COVID are drowning trying to wash themselves

https://twitter.com/MirrorNow/status/1392023315561074688
Last night I heard an Indian physician describe that the virus is overwhealming their ability to care for their patients. After an initial lull, their virus is coming back. He said it is highly infectious...maybe because of genetic changes in the virus...he doesn't know because testing is limited. Here we are beginning to think that the worst is over...but until we completely stop this virus...it may mutate and come back and be worse than before. Too many Americans remain afraid of the vaccine.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
View attachment 90150

I have a conspiracy theory for you to ponder.
Back up lights on new cars.....,
Who the heck decided it was a good idea to make them light up when a person turns off their car to get out. Normally just the running lights are on in older vehicles. Now the back up lights come on and stay on for a bit even after the driver has gone into the building.
I think the car industry has gotten in league with mechanics and body shops. They want people to start ignoring reverse lights in parking lots so that more accidents occur and more people have to buy parts to get their vehicles fixed. Either that or they just want to know that there are tons of people out there sitting in aisles waiting for a car to back up that never backs up and then the lights go off and the person realizes there's nobody in the freaking car.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I have a conspiracy theory for you to ponder.
Back up lights on new cars.....,
Who the heck decided it was a good idea to make them light up when a person turns off their car to get out. Normally just the running lights are on in older vehicles. Now the back up lights come on and stay on for a bit even after the driver has gone into the building.
~30% of all collisions in the US are rear end collisions. over 2 million wrecks per year. 2/3rds of these rear end collisions, as of the late 1990's, occurred after a driver had gotten out of their car. To improve safety of other drivers seeing a car that is NOT moving or where the driver has exited the vehicle the international bodies regulated that cars need to have some sort of lighting signal (especially on the highway) to warn other drivers behind the vehicle that the car is not moving and the driver is not in the car. This is why the reverse lights flash when you put the car into Park...to warn people behind you the car is no longer in gear or moving, and also the lights in the rear remain on for a brief period when you exist...long enough to warn drivers behind you the driver is no longer in that vehicle.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Except no one was told to inject bleach or sunlight. Why would you of all people bring up something that was so easily debunked.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
No one was told to, but I've had multiple people try to tell me that it was physically possible to deliver UV light to all 600 million alveoli or so because they read an article where UV light was used to clear an infected catheter. The mental gymnastics to try to prove Trump right were just plain insane.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
No one was told to, but I've had multiple people try to tell me that it was physically possible to deliver UV light to all 600 million alveoli or so because they read an article where UV light was used to clear an infected catheter. The mental gymnastics to try to prove Trump right were just plain insane.
Someone must have watched too much Underworld and was trying to justify the building of UV bullets

1620747541380.png