Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 22, 2011
I have a difficult time believing a guy worth $130 billion, who donates more than $500 million a year, is driven by profit motive. Maybe his benefit is leaving some extra goodwill in his legacy.
Then he would have released the patent, I think he thinks that he knows what is best for the world and he wants enough money to enact as much of his vision as possible.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
https://observer.com/2021/04/bill-gates-oppose-lifting-covid-vaccine-patent-interview/amp/
I dont aant him to do anything, I just dont think that he is some kind of saint. He has motivations just like the rest of us
Read the article and never came across his profit motive.

If you gave the patent to poor countries by the time they were able to produce the vaccine they would already be getting substantial doses from the current suppliers.

I do believe he has some motivation to not let the government force patent sharing. That is definitely in his/Microsoft’s best interest.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Congrats, you win the covid victim olympics, if you feel that way, shouldn’t you be checked into the hospital? Were you wearing a mask at the church event where you think you caught covid? You have been one of the most vocal critics on here of people who were second guessing lockdowns masks and vaccines. What of your choices? Do your actions have any consequences or are you just a victim of the ignorance that surrounds you?
No, we check people into hospitals based on symptoms, not feelings. Mine haven't been severe enough, yet, to warrant hospitalization. But I've gone to bed every night wondering what was going to happen while I slept.

What choices have I made? Please tell me. PM me and I'll give you my number.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It would be scary to know the real numbers.
India recorded a single-day high in new coronavirus cases on Friday. The embattled country recorded 414,188 cases in a single day, a new global high. The country also reported 3,915 additional deaths, and the official daily death count has stayed over 3,000 for the past 10 days.

I'm sure it's actually much worse than that too.
Makes you wonder, did China have something available that kept their country from having problems like India? Otherwise their numbers are a joke and they have been devastated and don't want anyone to know.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Makes you wonder, did China have something available that kept their country from having problems like India? Otherwise their numbers are a joke and they have been devastated and don't want anyone to know.

They had state control of the media and the ability to put draconian measures in place to limit spread of the virus.

People here are upset because they can't have parties of greater than 10 at a restaurant. There they were welding peoples doors shut to keep them in.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
They had state control of the media and the ability to put draconian measures in place to limit spread of the virus.

People here are upset because they can't have parties of greater than 10 at a restaurant. There they were welding peoples doors shut to keep them in.
And building gas chambers

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
As someone who sees what goes on with the extreme on the survivalistboards I'll say there are some who specifically don't trust anything touted by the rich, overly educated, or in power. Not like it used to be where a healthy skepticism said just because "they" say it doesn't make it true. That turned into because "they" say it proves it's false.

You would be amazed how many responded to my defense of the vaccine by bringing up Bill Gates, as if he's the evil force behind the plot to stick tracking chips in them. Then there are others who think the vaccine will work, but with a risk, so they are just waiting for everyone else to get vaccinated.

To some extent, the gubmint brought this upon themselves and the CDC with extreme positions, but the internet has enabled extreme perspectives to find confirmation bias.

I don't know what the answer is but we have to go with the assumption some can't be persuaded and build a strategy around that.
I'm definitely of the opinion the power corrupts, and is often used to abuse, coerce, etc... But it's an insane leap to conflate corruption into some coordinated, nefarious "they". I have a few friends that believe the latter, and it always confuses me how they believe it.

Anyone that has spent any time working in almost any government capacity should automatically know that government is generally so inept that a coordinated effort to do anything is almost laughable. Large-scale, long-term, coordinated, nefarious plots would be statistically impossible. I mean....even the NSA couldn't go under the radar. Nor could JSOC... Not saying that crazy things don't happen (they do), but most of these theories are laughable.
Okay, I'm not going to say it's true. But because of governments ineptness, the fact that you could have just a few well placed people in a couple of different organizations that could impact government operations and steer things the way they wanted, makes that kind of thought really possible.

Edit: corrected some autocorrect stupidity.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
As someone who sees what goes on with the extreme on the survivalistboards I'll say there are some who specifically don't trust anything touted by the rich, overly educated, or in power. Not like it used to be where a healthy skepticism said just because "they" say it doesn't make it true. That turned into because "they" say it proves it's false.

You would be amazed how many responded to my defense of the vaccine by bringing up Bill Gates, as if he's the evil force behind the plot to stick tracking chips in them. Then there are others who think the vaccine will work, but with a risk, so they are just waiting for everyone else to get vaccinated.

To some extent, the gubmint brought this upon themselves and the CDC with extreme positions, but the internet has enabled extreme perspectives to find confirmation bias.

I don't know what the answer is but we have to go with the assumption some can't be persuaded and build a strategy around that.
I dont think bill gates is evil or is trying to implant a chip in you. He is motivated by money though, he would not be a vaccine advocate if he didn’t benefit from it
You didn't use Windows ME very much did you? HE IS VERY EVIL.
Seriously though, he did have a tendency to try and hide things that go bad. I'm not sure at all how the Africa vaccination thing didn't blow up in his face more than it did. I think it was HPV vaccine?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Okay, I'm not going to say it's true. But because of governments and emptiness, the fact that you could have just a fuel well placed people in a couple of different organizations that could impact government operations and steer things the way they wanted, makes that kind of thought really possible.

Oh, I agree that a small number of people can influence things. The insane leap comes when the assumption is made that all their intentions are nefarious (unlikely) and that all of their intentions are aligned. Beyond that, its a numbers game. There are 100's of people just below the string pullers that don't have the same monetary interests, connections, protections, and power to incentivize them keeping quiet about whatever the top few string pullers want. The likelihood that all of them will be perfectly lockstep, vigilant, and supportive of the string pullers seems like a statistical impossibility given the diversity of human interests. Someone among those ranks is going to have a conscience, a loud mouth, or a vested interested in toppling those above (or all three). Not to mention the 10's of thousands just below them with even less resources that could easily leak something. Not to mention media or other organizations looking for stuff like this. Not to mention equally powerful opponents. The list goes on.

Most of it just seems too improbable to actually happen.

Again, I know things happen. I know plots occur. I know secrets exist. I just don't think its as cohesive, nefarious, and executable as most of the serial conspiracy theorists believe.

In fact, most of the people that I know who believe this stuff are actively looking for crazy things ALL THE TIME. They can't get enough of it. They feed off of the fear. And it makes me not take them seriously, in general, because of their constant fear mongering and looking for absolutely insane things tucked in every corner of the world.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

If you believe China's numbers on this I'd like to share with you I bench 375 and have an IQ of 160.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC

The early reports and photos say the complete opposite of what China is reporting. There was one phot I remember seeing of a funeral home with urns stacked to the ceiling yet their numbers indicate they have miraculously avoided the disease for the most part, which started there. They control the media and therefore don’t want to put any negative perception on their country.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
The early reports and photos say the complete opposite of what China is reporting. There was one phot I remember seeing of a funeral home with urns stacked to the ceiling yet their numbers indicate they have miraculously avoided the disease for the most part, which started there. They control the media and therefore don’t want to put any negative perception on their country.
Yeah. China has reported less than 100K cases and 4600 deaths.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Man the second shot put me on my butt, sickest I have been since I got strept a few years ago. Fever and body aches kept me in bed all day
Wow, that is bad. The last time I had strep throat it was so miserable I knew I had to see the doctor and got antibiotics for it. The doctor looked in my throat and said, "That looks horrid". I said it sure feels horrid. I lost close to 10lbs.

The 2nd Pfizer just resulted in the same old sore upper arm, so I couldn't sleep on my left side for one night.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
From the Chicago Tribune.

"Be part of the solution: Do you complain about wearing a mask and social distancing? Then get the vaccine. Do you want to go back to work again? Then get the vaccine. Do you want schools, restaurants, movie theaters, sporting events and concerts to completely open back up again? Then get the vaccine. If you are complaining about any of these things and have not gotten the vaccine, you are part of the problem not the solution."