Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Tested positive yesterday, sick as a dog last night. Getting an antibody infusion today.

I played guitar at a little church two weeks ago. They had a women's conference hosted by the church during the week and several members ended up testing positive. I was shaking hands that morning and no one was wearing masks. That is likely where I was exposed. Symptoms started the following Sunday morning... 7 days.

If the church had been in Ohio we would have been masking and distancing.

Irony, Oklahoma makes me sick.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I seriously thought those were mini Smirnoff bottles. If they were, @RxCowboy would want that version of the vaccine.
I actually thought about having a friend get me a bottle of burgundy last night to help with the chest congestion, but I was already so lightheaded it might've ended up very badly.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Tested positive yesterday, sick as a dog last night. Getting an antibody infusion today.

I played guitar at a little church two weeks ago. They had a women's conference hosted by the church during the week and several members ended up testing positive. I was shaking hands that morning and no one was wearing masks. That is likely where I was exposed. Symptoms started the following Sunday morning... 7 days.

Did you get the vaccine or not?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

Sucks. Feel better soon. I think I remember you saying you had been vaccinated and likely had it last year. I'm sure that makes it even more frustrating.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

Did you get the vaccine or not?
Moderna shot 1

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Moderna shot 1

So you had it already, and are already one shot into Moderna? When did you get the shot, and is it possible it's the shot that's throwing the positive test result? I'm in a similar boat, one shot in right now, getting round two next week. Feel better.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Norman Public Schools is still enforcing masks which I don't have a huge issue with. The kids are use to them and there's only a couple weeks left until the year is over. I am just so thankful that they have very successfully held in-person learning this whole year.
More than you can say for Stillwater. With the way they handled it and then just tried to act like they were doing things in the best interest of the children, they suck. All summer long they could have took the training for mitigation and contact tracing they would have helped them be able to have in person schooling all year long, but they dragged their heels all summer didn't do any of that and barely had any kind of a plan in place with less than a month before school supposed to start.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So what in the heck happened to the numbers yesterday? City of Stillwater had been tracking in the low 90's of active cases for a few weeks (Positive results - deaths - recovered). Yesterday it dropped to 17. Was there a massive clean up of data?
I believe that's a 7-day rolling average and so with the low numbers over the last week that's the 7-day average is now low.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Don't tell me this. I've been walking around like I'm bullet proof.
The vaccines work really well, but they aren't perfect. A few of us have been saying that cases need to come down more before even the vaccinated completely go back to life as usual. Even with a low chance of catching it, when you roll the dice enough, they eventually come up snake eyes. That's not throwing any shade at Rx or blaming him for it. Sometimes crap happens even when you're doing the right thing, but it happens a lot less if more of us 1) get vaccinated and 2) keep up some precautions until cases slow down more.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Lots of schools in Oklahoma no longer are forcing their kids to wear mask. Where my wife works, which was never shut down with remote learning this entire year..accept for a few classes for two weeks here and there...ended their required masking of children on Monday. As vaccination goes up and cases go down masking of children will end...that is the “sound of inevitability.”
There are just a few weeks of school left. I’m not sure why one would lift the requirement now. Like Boomer said, they’re used to it. Just finish out the year and lift it for next semester. Oh well. Probably parents pitching fits. That’s been the case at our school.

And I simply meant that after Tucker told people to pitch a fit and call it child abuse, something like this (NJ school nurse suspended after pushing back on mask mandate, says it's ‘child abuse') would happen. Do you disagree with that? I thought that was a weird one for you to hit the snooze button.
Except I've been hearing people call it child abuse for at least the past five six months.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Except I've been hearing people call it child abuse for at least the past five six months.

Making kids wear masks as they play outside is stupid, but not quite as stupid as calling it child abuse. It's like comparing cupcake wars to real wars.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Moderna shot 1

So you had it already, and are already one shot into Moderna? When did you get the shot, and is it possible it's the shot that's throwing the positive test result? I'm in a similar boat, one shot in right now, getting round two next week. Feel better.
4/23, and no, I am actually sick. It feels just like it April 2020, except my temp hasn't gotten over 100 yet. It's real COVID-19.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
4/23, and no, I am actually sick. It feels just like it April 2020, except my temp hasn't gotten over 100 yet. It's real COVID-19.

Sorry to hear that. Take it easy and only expend efforts eating and giving thumbs up to my posts on here.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The vaccines work really well, but they aren't perfect. A few of us have been saying that cases need to come down more before even the vaccinated completely go back to life as usual. Even with a low chance of catching it, when you roll the dice enough, they eventually come up snake eyes. That's not throwing any shade at Rx or blaming him for it. Sometimes crap happens even when you're doing the right thing, but it happens a lot less if more of us 1) get vaccinated and 2) keep up some precautions until cases slow down more.
This is what bothers me about people saying it’s time to get back to normal. I don’t think we’re going back to our old normal anytime soon... if ever.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There are just a few weeks of school left. I’m not sure why one would lift the requirement now. Like Boomer said, they’re used to it. Just finish out the year and lift it for next semester. Oh well. Probably parents pitching fits. That’s been the case at our school.

And I simply meant that after Tucker told people to pitch a fit and call it child abuse, something like this (NJ school nurse suspended after pushing back on mask mandate, says it's ‘child abuse') would happen. Do you disagree with that? I thought that was a weird one for you to hit the snooze button.
I totally get that...I kind of thought they would just leave it in place until the end of school... I don't really have a problem with a nurse overstating that it's "child abuse." I guess it could be considered a mild form of that in some circumstances like a kid with asthma like I had as a child...or a kid who found them to be terrifying because they cover their mouth and nose. No one likes this kind of change and I'm so glad I no longer have small children because I'm sure the emotions of all this have been crazy for those of you with smaller kids.

So, in short, while I personally wouldn't call it "child abuse," I do think it's a bit harsh to fire a nurse who said that...maybe have a talk with her about not using extreme language?? Anyway, sorry I snoozed the post...maybe an over reaction.