Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 23, 2010
Last week cases dropped precipitously in Oklahoma, we seem to be doing even better so far this week.

7 day average is 238. Last Tuesday it was 263. I'm curious what tomorrow's county level data looks like. Despite the drop state wide, Tulsa County actually still increased. Hopefully we start a drop to new lows as well.

Hospitalizations are 189. 197 last Tuesday.
Tulsa County did see a pretty big drop. 276 cases in the last week compared to 428 reported on 4/21. This is the lowest weekly number since June 9. To give an idea where things where going then, weekly it was:

6/2: 137
6/9: 221
6/16: 517

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Ok, you sound like you feel you are an expert. Convince me.
What percentage of the worldwide waste is from masks?
With the increase in mask usage from the pandemic, what increase in waste occurred relative to the baseline level?
What difference would be made if masks were eliminated?

See, I've been to these places that are full of litter. And, if you want to write an article, you can find pictures of toys, plastic bottles, candy wrappers, product packaging, condoms pretty much anything you want to try to make a point. But, it is not a scientific point at all. Modern human activity makes waste. Picking masks and calling that the environmental concern and not the actual totality of waste itself is pointless. There is no evidence that masks contribute more than anything else. You are making an absurd argument unless you are also advocating getting rid of all of the other things that cause waste which you have not done at all. Masks are FAR more important than a plastic water bottle because we could easily use non-disposable water bottles. And, the volume of water bottle waste dwarfs masks. Yet, where are your "we must stop using plastic water bottles and get back to normal how it used to be before water bottles." OF all the things we do day after day, the environmental concern of masks in modern America with our trash disposal systems isn't in the top 1000.

It is absolutely laughable that you get caught making a point that is patently absurd then complain at the other person for "not changing their mind." You are a "know-it-all" in your own mind.
All those face diper’s have to go somewhere. Where do they go, oh wise one? Honestly for YOU or RX, of all posters, to call me a “know it all” is the height of irony. Both of you are av members of a sports message board and think you carry some sort of mandate. It is what it is, at its best it’s a fools paradise. And guess what, we are all “members,” yet only a few of us pay for that privilege. Irony?

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
All those face diper’s have to go somewhere. Where do they go, oh wise one? Honestly for YOU or RX, of all posters, to call me a “know it all” is the height of irony. Both of you are av members of a sports message board and think you carry some sort of mandate. It is what it is, at its best it’s fools paradise. And guess what, we are all “members,” yet only a few of us pay for that privilege. Irony?
Was that your rebuttal? I mean, it’s a nice steam of consciousness and all. I’m just struggling to decipher an argument out of this rambling gibberish. Trying to tack down your logic is like attempting to nail Jell-o to the wall.

Maybe I have it all wrong and this is a brilliant strategy to have no point so as to leave your opponents without recourse. If so, then touché my good man.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You’re contradicting yourself and don’t even realize it. First you call me a Karen for not making a scene and walking out. Then you use the example of you could have been a Karen by making a scene at the place because you’re the only one wearing a mask.
So which is it? Karen is the person making the scene (the store employee) or is Karen the person who didn’t make a scene and left?
You were the Karen there. You went against what the store was doing. You bragged about it here. You didn't get the awesome Papa Murphys which is awesome pizza.

You were wrong and trying to hold the moral high ground for making a teenager cry makes it worse.

And you bragged about it.

To recap:

1. You violated the policy of a private business.
2. A teenage store employee called you out on it.
3. You were an asshole to her to the point where she cried.
4. You made a teenager girl cry because she was following company orders
5. Your $20 was spent elsewhere so yeah you are going to break Papa Murphys
6. Papa Murphys doesn't care

You could have put a mask on or mumbled something about asthma when it kid was following the company line but you decided to be morally superior. Congratulations you are officially an ahole.
To recap: You’re calling Papa Murphy’s ‘awesome’???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Was that your rebuttal? I mean, it’s a nice steam of consciousness and all. I’m just struggling to decipher an argument out of this rambling gibberish. Trying to tack down your logic is like attempting to nail Jell-o to the wall.

Maybe I have it all wrong and this is a brilliant strategy to have no point so as to leave your opponents without recourse. If so, then touché my good man.
Frist of all, I have no "opponents," only fellow "fools" in this paradise of orangepower.com. it laughable to me that some get into these massive "debates" and that a few think they are so "good" at it as to ask for a virtual "Roberts rules of order" on a sports message board that happens to have a political area. Secondly, we are adding waste to the ecosystem by producing all sorts of things including a mass explosion of PPE. Is it necessary, yes, perhaps it is, but does it cause a bit of an issue, yes it actually does. The fact that I pointed this out becoming fodder for my "opponents," is why I call this a fools paradise. Mountain out of a molehill.

Bottom line, mask need to go as we can let them go. They shouldn't be used in mass once this is over which takes care of all sorts of social as well as a small environmental issue as well. That some can't see that is on them and it's their right to carry on wearing one for the remainder or time. It is not going to be my choice. Done with it....my point remains, get a vaccine and join those of us who are ready to return to a better time before the virus struck us with death, politics, and division on small issues. Shut downs and mask were sold to the masses as a way to get us to the vaccine and herd immunity...We have the vaccine and immunity will follow...mask and shut downs need to be gone as those arrive. I'm glad the POTUS made it clear that I can now go on hikes in the wilderness without a mask. ;-) I said I would "burn" my mask once I felt safe in doing so...that time is very very near.

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Frist of all, I have no "opponents," only fellow "fools" in this paradise of orangepower.com. it laughable to me that some get into these massive "debates" and that a few think they are so "good" at it as to ask for a virtual "Roberts rules of order" on a sports message board that happens to have a political area. Secondly, we are adding waste to the ecosystem by producing all sorts of things including a mass explosion of PPE. Is it necessary, yes, perhaps it is, but does it cause a bit of an issue, yes it actually does. The fact that I pointed this out becoming fodder for my "opponents," is why I call this a fools paradise. Mountain out of a molehill.

Bottom line, mask need to go as we can let them go. They shouldn't be used in mass once this is over which takes care of all sorts of social as well as a small environmental issue as well. That some can't see that is on them and it's their right to carry on wearing one for the remainder or time. It is not going to be my choice. Done with it....my point remains, get a vaccine and join those of us who are ready to return to a better time before the virus struck us with death, politics, and division on small issues. Shut downs and mask were sold to the masses as a way to get us to the vaccine and herd immunity...We have the vaccine and immunity will follow...mask and shut downs need to be gone as those arrive. I'm glad the POTUS made it clear that I can now go on hikes in the wilderness without a mask. ;-) I said I would "burn" my mask once I felt safe in doing so...that time is very very near.
I’m trying to figure out if you’re pulling a rope-a-dope like Muhammad Ali. The difference is Ali didn’t do it for his whole career.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
All those face diper’s have to go somewhere. Where do they go, oh wise one? Honestly for YOU or RX, of all posters, to call me a “know it all” is the height of irony. Both of you are av members of a sports message board and think you carry some sort of mandate. It is what it is, at its best it’s a fools paradise. And guess what, we are all “members,” yet only a few of us pay for that privilege. Irony?
Again. Show some data that masks for those of us in the US are an environmental concern compared to ALL of these other things out there. All the McDs cups and wrappers have to go somewhere. Let’s stop eating fast food. All the magazines have to go somewhere. Let’s read only online.

With your newfound role as environmental steward, I’ll be looking forward to all of your posts telling people to stop using all the other throw away items in society that don’t even serve to protect health. That is, unless you are just making a disingenuous, self-serving argument. Nah, couldn’t be that.

And whining about the fact that I shell out a whole $3 a month to look at other info must have felt real good as you punched it out on the keyboard. True warrior material, that was.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Again. Show some data that masks for those of us in the US are an environmental concern compared to ALL of these other things out there. All the McDs cups and wrappers have to go somewhere. Let’s stop eating fast food. All the magazines have to go somewhere. Let’s read only online.

With your newfound role as environmental steward, I’ll be looking forward to all of your posts telling people to stop using all the other throw away items in society that don’t even serve to protect health. That is, unless you are just making a disingenuous, self-serving argument. Nah, couldn’t be that.

And whining about the fact that I shell out a whole $3 a month to look at other info must have felt real good as you punched it out on the keyboard. True warrior material, that was.
He thinks we're calling him on his BS because we're AV members?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

I made a minor point about mask and other PPE being waste, and you went off on it. PPE is a part of that, as they add to our already huge waste load. It's not worth the five second google search to find 1,000's of pictures of PPE floating in the sea...ANYONE can do that for themselves despite the laziness that folks claim when they say things like... "I'm not going to look it up for you."

Plus, I actually agree it's not the end all be all of all waste, but I AM a person who thinks we should do a better job of taking care of the planet so it's not a "new found stewardship" on my part. I'm very upset about the forest out west for instance and read a lot of studies so that I understand that it's not ONLY global climate change that is causing their mass die off at elevation but also a combination of things including human activity and misguided long term forest management practices. As far as mass masking of society, I do think it needs to end soon...We can disagree on that and I know you have your reasons, but I don't think it makes for "healthy" unity of discord in a society to continue it when we near herd immunity hopefully soon, even IF it makes for a "healthy" society otherwise (which is debatable).

Finally, it's silly OF ME to argue with you or others who won't agree on mask and how long we should remain in them...Back to the Environment...As a Christian (a bad one sometimes on this board)...my friends and I need to do a FAR better job of taking care of God's creation and that includes being concerned about solid plastic waste increases.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

I made a minor point about mask and other PPE being waste, and you went off on it. PPE is a part of that, as they add to our already huge waste load. It's not worth the five second google search to find 1,000's of pictures of PPE floating in the sea...ANYONE can do that for themselves despite the laziness that folks claim when they say things like... "I'm not going to look it up for you."

Plus, I actually agree it's not the end all be all of all waste, but I AM a person who thinks we should do a better job of taking care of the planet so it's not a "new found stewardship" on my part. I'm very upset about the forest out west for instance and read a lot of studies so that I understand that it's not ONLY global climate change that is causing their mass die off at elevation but also a combination of things including human activity and misguided long term forest management practices. As far as mass masking of society, I do think it needs to end soon...We can disagree on that and I know you have your reasons, but I don't think it makes for "healthy" unity of discord in a society to continue it when we near herd immunity hopefully soon, even IF it makes for a "healthy" society otherwise (which is debatable).

Finally, it's silly OF ME to argue with you or others who won't agree on mask and how long we should remain in them...Back to the Environment...As a Christian (a bad one sometimes on this board)...my friends and I need to do a FAR better job of taking care of God's creation and that includes being concerned about solid plastic waste increases.
Once again, all you have to do to convince us is show us this mountain of data you say exists.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

Why can't you simply do the 5 second Google search for yourself? If you spent as much energy trying to back up your argument as you do trying to avoid backing up your argument, you would be much better off.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
RX - I just don’t have time to argue moot points that cause discord. Would rather build it from now on. This board becomes unhealthy when the We spent too much time arguing about silly things. We are in agreement on vaccines and hoping for Getting back to normal soon. Have a good evening

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
RX - I just don’t have time to argue moot points that cause discord. Would rather build it from now on. This board becomes unhealthy when the We spent too much time arguing about silly things. We are in agreement on vaccines and hoping for Getting back to normal soon. Have a good evening
The Golden Rule is a moot point?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Didn't the CDC say, back in March, that it was ok to congregate with people who have been vaccinated without mask? Why was the live Biden event full of 100's of vaccinated people still wearing mask...man that was surreal in it's theater and just plain weird...honestly IMHO (sue me) it makes us look weak as a nation. I'm wondering how many of those people have been out of Washington in the past 2 months...the rest of the country is kind of done outside of Medical Centers and a few other places...obviously not in Washington DC.

Btw, "Original Sin is NOT the end...Redemption is always available" Tim Scott...Wow He needs to run for President next round...A uniter, not a divider, an American success story.

Last edited: