Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
So I went for an annual checkup this morning. My doctor asked me if I had taken the vaccine and when I told him that I hadn't he asked why. I told him that I really wasn't against it but had put it off because of the usual reasons ie..not enough research, I'm very healthy and extremely good looking, superman blood (O+), strong vitamin program, wanted to let those at high risk get it first, blah blah blah. He addressed each of my concerns and then he asked "If you hadn't heard anything from MSM and politicians, and you came in my office and I told you that you need to take this vaccine would you let me give you the shot?" Sooooo my wife and I will be getting the vaccine as soon as we can get in. On a side note, he did prefer the Pfizer and Moderna over the others.
Good for you.

I'm glad you listened to the advice of a doctor you trust and hopefully this happens alot with on the fence patents who turn to their doctors for medical advice on vaccination.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
It's a false narrative, those he disparages are neither Christian nor represent all of who happen to be born of a lighter melanin. The problem with modern racism is that those who practice it don't realize that it reaches all races and all segments. Like MLK said, we need to be judged based on the content of our character not the color of our skin. If we would ALL do that it would be a much better world...next time you walk into a restaurant, bar or other place where races are mixed, challenge yourself to not see color and only welcome all of God's creation...If anything good can come of the past year of racial injustice and strife...for all things holy, make it a point to be a part of the solution and to further inclusion of all types and not exclusion of some in favor of others. Start to see only character and not color. We all will be better once we do that. I am in the process of challenging myself to walk in the other mans shoes...I think that's a good thing if we would all do it and realize we are all people whom God loves and wants relationship with.
Not Christian? That conference of conservative extremists during the past weekend near Tulsa was held at the Rhema Bible College in Broken Arrow. Actor Jim Caviezel, who played Jesus in 2004’s “The Passion of the Christ” was there. He talked of bizarre conspiracy crap Qanon puts out. 4,500 people attended. It ended by burning masks. I certainly wouldn't want to walk in any of their shoes!

Of course, you may think that Rhema Bible College and Jim Caviezel are totally irrelevant to your points made. At any rate, I think your best hope is that those thousands of pitiful people only represent a tiny minority of America and only a tiny minority of Republicans as well.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
So townie opening his mouth to disparage all conservatives with a bunch of straw arguments again I bet. Glad I have him on ignore. He doesn't listen to reason or truth. Just somebody's account to anonymously scream his hatred of white Christians.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
What an absurd viewpoint. Don't worry. My red flags go up when I hear big show talkers claim they are telling the truth. To name one of them--Alex Jones. He had already lost credibility over 21 years ago from wrongly reporting the world was falling in disarray, due to computers unable to change to year 2000.

I'll criticize a liberal or progressive, like Gary Null, if the shoe fits.

A number of people on here strongly believe in disparaging or stereotyping liberals but never have I put them on ignore.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Not Christian? That conference of conservative extremists during the past weekend near Tulsa was held at the Rhema Bible College in Broken Arrow. Actor Jim Caviezel, who played Jesus in 2004’s “The Passion of the Christ” was there. He talked of bizarre conspiracy crap Qanon puts out. 4,500 people attended. It ended by burning masks. I certainly wouldn't want to walk in any of their shoes!

Of course, you may think that Rhema Bible College and Jim Caviezel are totally irrelevant to your points made. At any rate, I think your best hope is that those thousands of pitiful people only represent a tiny minority of America and only a tiny minority of Republicans as well.
Yeah....this whole thing smelled HIGHLY of some weird Cult like thing with ritual burning of masks etc. Very Nazi ish in feeling overall.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Frist off, they are a tiny minority and do you even know if everyone at that conference didn't get the vaccine...Btw, it's time to burn mask if we ALL get the vaccine...I'm sure that wasn't the point, but it is the truth.
Btw, every Republican leader that I can think of has not only gotten the vaccine, but they have also pretty much said it was a good thing....here's our local leaders.
Oklahoma Senators Inhofe, Lankford get COVID vaccinations | KOKH (okcfox.com)
'It's Consistent With Scripture': Franklin Graham Urges Christians to Take the COVID-19 Vaccine - Beliefnet News
Most Christians welcome the COVID-19 vaccines, but some are skeptical | The Christian Chronicle

Bottom line you continue to attempt to paint a false narrative picture that it's only Republicans or Christians who don't want the vaccine when the truth is that its a minority of them just as it is in other groups who have problems with taking vaccines. Christians all over the country are getting the vaccine, churches are hosting vaccination sites, and leaders are stepping out to advocate for them among other Christians. Yet you want to point out the negative rather than helping to convince them to get them.
Meanwhile
Donald Trump and wife got their shots
Mike Pence and wife same
Nearly every Republican member of congress and senate got theirs
Governor Stitt got his
Mayor Bynum got his
Most, if not all, of our Tulsa City Council got theirs

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yeah....this whole thing smelled HIGHLY of some weird Cult like thing with ritual burning of masks etc. Very Nazi ish in feeling overall.
I would have had no problem with burning mask if they had gotten their vaccines just prior and then burned their mask in celebration...that's what we all want and can be accomplished if everyone gets their vaccines.

Did you attend Binman? If not, how do you know what happened and if it had a "naziish" feeling to it. People are confused and what to go back to normal...normal didn't include mass mask wearing and social distancing...Btw, BA, which is where this was held, got rid of their mask rules yesterday...that's likely why they burned them at the deal. No? To many mask can be seen as an impediment to freedom, while others see them in the opposite way. Freedom allows for statements like protest in the streets and people burning mask on all sides of issues. It is what it is.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Did you attend Binman? If not, how do you know what happened and if it had a "naziish" feeling to it. People are confused and what to go back to normal...normal didn't include mass mask wearing and social distancing...Btw, BA, which is where this was held, got rid of their mask rules yesterday...that's likely why they burned them at the deal. No? To many mask can be seen as an impediment to freedom, while others see them in the opposite way. Freedom allows for statements like protest in the streets and people burning mask on all sides of issues. It is what it is.

This was a 3 day event.....I'm going to give you some (Not all) of the people who spoke and their backgrounds

Oh and FYI...this was just 1 DAY of speakers.....

So the guy who played Jesus in the largest grossing film about the Passion spoke

They also brought up the My Pillow Guy, Mike Lindell who spoke on this conspiracy theories why Trump won the election

A nurse who wrote a book claiming the media and govt was lying about COVID

A retired Information Warfare Army Officer who spoke about how to move forward through Election Fraud

Then they had the Trump's "Release the Kraken" election fraud attorney Sidney Powell speak. She is famous for conspiracy theories

Then General Michael Flynn...who took the QAnon oath and posted it on Facebook

Then came up Dr Simone Gold...who was arrested at the Capitol on Jan 6th..She is the founder of the pro-hydroxycloroquine and anti vax group America's Frontline Doctors

Then up came Charlene Bollinger who is a huge anti Vaxx activist ....She and her husband hosted their own "Stop the Steal and Stop the Vaxx" rally in DC on Jan 6th. They claim to sell air purifiers that can cure cancer,

Then up came the Tulsa Sheriff, Vic Regalado....as you can expect he is getting all kind of flack for speaking at this

They also had Leigh Dundas --Scientologist, Lawyer, Anti Vaxxer, Proud Capitol stormer on Jan 6th

Super crazy Trump attorney Lin Wood spoke

and there were many more

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
What an absurd viewpoint. Don't worry. My red flags go up when I hear big show talkers claim they are telling the truth. To name one of them--Alex Jones. He had already lost credibility over 21 years ago from wrongly reporting the world was falling in disarray, due to computers unable to change to year 2000.

I'll criticize a liberal or progressive, like Gary Null, if the shoe fits.

A number of people on here strongly believe in disparaging or stereotyping liberals but never have I put them on ignore.
Alex Jones is an actor. Alex Jones isnt a conservative. Alex Jones isn't big.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So the PM of Pakistan announced they are sending 50 fully equipped ambulances and crews to India right away to help with the COVID situation.

The #1 social media topic today in Pakistan is what they can do to help their neighbors get Oxygen and supplies and Paki's are stepping up and gathering stuff and donating supplies and money to send to India.

This is HUGE...cause these two have been on the brink of Nuclear war with each other for several years now

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Germany has donated 23 Mobile Oxygen Plants to India in an agreement with the Indian Military. The Indian Military is now working on airlifting these plants to India. Each mobile plant can create 2400 Liters of Oxygen per hour.

The Indian Govt has instructed the military to also recall 240 former military doctors back to active duty to serve treating COVID patients until at least Dec 31st

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I would have had no problem with burning mask if they had gotten their vaccines just prior and then burned their mask in celebration...that's what we all want and can be accomplished if everyone gets their vaccines.

This was at Rhema that night