Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That is ridiculous. I hope y'all get hammered by your employees if you make such a mandate.
Most, if not all, of our employees are already vaccinated and have been for two months, this is the vendors we allow to work in our medical facility that are here on a daily basis that we are talking about now. We want to end our mask mandate and the next logical step may be to require others that come to our facility to be vaccinated so that our patients and staff are protected and no one will have to wear mask anymore. If they don't like that we can hire different vendors that will comply. It's not only a life, but also a money saver (I spend $2,500 a month on temp checkers and mask handouts have cost over $5,000 since last April). We are going to ask our vendors to comply OR to take on part of our cost OR find other work. We are a private company, and as such we have this option, especially in healthcare.

Btw, we have already seen several of our housekeeping staff comply due to this mandate and get the shot...others will follow or find other work outside of the medical environment.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2010
7 day rolling average is 239 which is down 100 cases from a week ago (a week ago was when the 1,300 cases rolled off the average.)

Hospitalizations haven't dropped off quite as much at 185 compared to 198.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
That is ridiculous. I hope y'all get hammered by your employees if you make such a mandate.
At-will employment.
And I believe he's in a health field of some sort or a field that is dependent on health fields. And if that's the case then I can see it being allowed even in a not at will state

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
And I believe he's in a health field of some sort or a field that is dependent on health fields. And if that's the case then I can see it being allowed even in a not at will state

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Physicians buildings connected to hospitals. We want to get rid of our mask mandate along with the city and we see this as a good way for us to contribute to not only that, but to the overall health of our community....IF even one person gets the vaccine due to the new mandate maybe we will save at least one life, not to mention the dollars and employment for everyone else. That's how I look at it now.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
7 day rolling average is 239 which is down 100 cases from a week ago (a week ago was when the 1,300 cases rolled off the average.)

Hospitalizations haven't dropped off quite as much at 185 compared to 198.
If you're hospitalized with COVID, it's typically severe enough were you're in the hospital for a long duration ie. weeks to months. IMO, the steady decline in hospitalizations which occurred at the beginning of this year was a result of the drop in cases and the lesser severe cases being released from the hospital. The steady to slow decline which we have been seeing over the last month or two is probably these longer term severe COVID cases remaining in the hospital. The big win is that we are not seeing any sort of increase in hospitalizations which should stay that way with vaccinations minimizing symptoms and severity.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Most, if not all, of our employees are already vaccinated and have been for two months, this is the vendors we allow to work in our medical facility that are here on a daily basis that we are talking about now. We want to end our mask mandate and the next logical step may be to require others that come to our facility to be vaccinated so that our patients and staff are protected and no one will have to wear mask anymore. If they don't like that we can hire different vendors that will comply. It's not only a life, but also a money saver (I spend $2,500 a month on temp checkers and mask handouts have cost over $5,000 since last April). We are going to ask our vendors to comply OR to take on part of our cost OR find other work. We are a private company, and as such we have this option, especially in healthcare.

Btw, we have already seen several of our housekeeping staff comply due to this mandate and get the shot...others will follow or find other work outside of the medical environment.
I can see this being a requirement in a medical office. That seems reasonable to me.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
The BIG problem to explain what's behind why COVID vaccines acceptance is stalled out as reported Wednesday is that many conservatives are dumb and gullible enough to take seriously the outrageous crap Alex Jones and other insane idiots say about how bad the anti covid vaccines are and so they are convinced not to get the vaccines. For starters, the other day I heard Jones say that jellyfish are in the covid vaccines and I said to myself, "Huh, did I actually really hear him say that?" But why not? In November, while giving a talk in front of the Georgia Guidestones Monument, Jones said the mRNA vaccines will turn you into a GMO creature.

Jones is just a crass con artist out to make millions from selling his snake oils to the gullible. He has been known to say he could sell dick pills to his listeners. If you're dang gullible enough to fall for the crazy stuff he and his guests say about the vaccines and the political issues, then why not move on for him to buy his snake oils? I'm glad he has talked like not enough money has been coming in to expand his operations, suggesting he doesn't have many repeat customers happy from his snake oils.

Jones may end up getting sued out of existence, due to lawsuits against him for saying that Sandy Hook was staged. No kids died. It was done to promote legislation to take your guns away. It hurt the parents of those slaughtered kids a great deal. At least one of them had to move at least 6 times, due to death threats. Jones, is nothing but a thick, thick, piece of human scum.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
@StillwaterTownie, it's not "only" a minority of conservatives (I'd not classify them as that, these are low information working class whites you are talking about), but it's also "west coast" vegan types, minorities, as well as other fringe groups. The Alex Jones wack jobs you are talking about aren't "conservative," because to conserve means to keep what has worked in the past and vaccines have been working for a long long time...the people that believe Alex Jones are NOT "conservatives." The most conservative people I know, my parents and their little church congregation, were some of the very first in line for the shot. I didn't meet a one of their fifty or so in congregation on Easter that had not had the jabs. Point being, despite your and others desire to pigeon hole vaccine hesitancy as one group, you need to realize that's a false narrative. At work my most difficult people to convivence aren't the conservative Christians. While, if you look at a map of vaccine hesitancy, some of it IS traditional white working class areas, but much of it is native American populations, African American populations, among others. It's a disservice to the truth to single out one group only of this very diverse vaccine resistant group.

Sep 12, 2008
The BIG problem to explain what's behind why COVID vaccines acceptance is stalled out as reported Wednesday is that many conservatives are dumb and gullible enough to take seriously the outrageous crap Alex Jones and other insane idiots say about how bad the anti covid vaccines are and so they are convinced not to get the vaccines. For starters, the other day I heard Jones say that jellyfish are in the covid vaccines and I said to myself, "Huh, did I actually really hear him say that?" But why not? In November, while giving a talk in front of the Georgia Guidestones Monument, Jones said the mRNA vaccines will turn you into a GMO creature.

Jones is just a crass con artist out to make millions from selling his snake oils to the gullible. He has been known to say he could sell dick pills to his listeners. If you're dang gullible enough to fall for the crazy stuff he and his guests say about the vaccines and the political issues, then why not move on for him to buy his snake oils? I'm glad he has talked like not enough money has been coming in to expand his operations, suggesting he doesn't have many repeat customers happy from his snake oils.

Jones may end up getting sued out of existence, due to lawsuits against him for saying that Sandy Hook was staged. No kids died. It was done to promote legislation to take your guns away. It hurt the parents of those slaughtered kids a great deal. At least one of them had to move at least 6 times, due to death threats. Jones, is nothing but a thick, thick, piece of human scum.
I think you give Alex Jones too much credit..

And the left wing hollywood types not enough...

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/celebrities-anti-vaxxers-jessica-biel-847779/

Robert Kennedy has been banned from facebook for his anti-vax posts..

Last edited: