Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So its been nearly two days since my second pfizer shot. I had a slight fever the night of that went away by morning. The real kicker was that the entire next day I felt I had rana marathon in my sleep. Took the day off work and slept 75% of the day. Today I woke up and felt fine.
That was my wife's deal...just pretty dang tired 24 hours after 2nd dose...once she slept it off she felt like a million bucks.

Sep 12, 2008
During a rare bout with the truth while Trump was president, he said about CNN, "It's covid, covid, covid". It's largely still the truth. At least Trump is not still around to create more divide and conflict as president.
And yet there still seems to be plenty of divide and conflict to go around.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
And yet there still seems to be plenty of divide and conflict to go around.
Much of it is caused by Trump lovers, such as Mike Lindell, who still refuses to accept that Trump lost. Sidney Powell in her defense from a Dominion lawsuit said no reasonable person would believe her accusations of fraud against Dominion were credible. Yet, she wrote a best selling book entitled, ""LICENSED TO LIE: Exposing Corruption in the Department of Justice."

On the other hand, Biden is considering being less divisive by possibly finishing the gaps still left in Trump's border fence.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Probably. I even got myself a little psyched out when I got my first dose. I got in my head thinking about any reaction I might have during my hour long solo drive back home. Thinking back on it, I probably should have had someone come with me just in case. lol
I didn't see any need for anxiety, since I got a flu shot before. From it, I hardly felt the jab and afterwards had nothing more than a somewhat sore arm. It was the same way with the Pfizer shot, though upper arm was a little more sore.

I had been on the fence about getting a vaccine, due to the rantings by Alex Jones, elderly health nut Gary Null and other paranoid nuts against covid vaccines. But then it occurred to me that apparently the canaries in the coal mine were apparently still alive and well, meaning the first human subjects who volunteered to test the vaccines starting from a year ago. I hopefully predict the anti- covid vaccine fanatics will be proven foolishly wrong by this fall.

Last edited:

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It isn't the things he's been wrong about that bother me, it's the things he's lied about. He's admitted to misleading the public about masks and vaccination rates. I want a public health official to tell me the truth, not what they think I need to hear.
Direct quote on masks:
“Very early on in the pandemic, in the very early months, before we even had many cases, there was a shortage of PPE and masks for health care providers who needed them desperately since they were putting their lives and their safety on the line every day. So the feeling was that people who were wanting to have masks in the community, namely just people out in the street, might be hoarding masks and making the shortage of masks even greater. In that context, we said that we did not recommend masks.”
Those of us who are front-line health care workers and didn't have enough PPE really appreciate your desire for absolute honestly that would have caused hoarding to jeopardize our lives while we try to save others. Maybe the military should do the same total honesty policy even if it puts soldiers at risk? Those generals know full well when they are going to launch an attack while still telling us that they have no plan for an attack. I want a military official to tell me the truth, not what they think I need to hear.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Much of it is caused by Trump lovers, such as Mike Lindell, who still refuses to accept that Trump lost. Sidney Powell in her defense from a Dominion lawsuit said no reasonable person would believe her accusations of fraud against Dominion were credible. Yet, she wrote a best selling book entitled, ""LICENSED TO LIE: Exposing Corruption in the Department of Justice."

On the other hand, Biden is considering being less divisive by possibly finishing the gaps still left in Trump's border fence.
Look at how many people believed the Russia nonsense (many loons probably still do) and that got years of phony investigations and nightly MSM coverage. I think it’s a stretch to blame the pillow guy who has zero platform to spout whatever it is he wants to spout.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Those of us who are front-line health care workers and didn't have enough PPE really appreciate your desire for absolute honestly that would have caused hoarding to jeopardize our lives while we try to save others. Maybe the military should do the same total honesty policy even if it puts soldiers at risk? Those generals know full well when they are going to launch an attack while still telling us that they have no plan for an attack. I want a military official to tell me the truth, not what they think I need to hear.
So Fauci's misleading comments are justified, but his word should be taken as gospel because he had good intentions?

This is precisely why he lost credibility with alot of people months ago.

Oct 30, 2007
IMO, there's a big difference between a public health official addressing the general public during a deadly global pandemic and the military releasing classified information that puts soldiers at risk. I'm not arguing that PPE shouldn't have been preserved for frontline workers like you, but misleading the public was the wrong way to do it.

If you're okay with public health officials misleading the public, you've also got to be okay with the public refusing to follow their recommendations out of mistrust.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Look at how many people believed the Russia nonsense (many loons probably still do) and that got years of phony investigations and nightly MSM coverage. I think it’s a stretch to blame the pillow guy who has zero platform to spout whatever it is he wants to spout.
Loons. Especially that bipartisan Senate Committee.

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort passed internal Trump campaign information to a Russian intelligence officer during the 2016 election, a new bipartisan Senate report concludes.

The findings draw a direct line between the president's former campaign chairman and Russian intelligence during the 2016 campaign.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Just over 3 hours since the jab. No injection site soreness, no redness or swelling. You would be hard pressed to find the spot of the shot. Life is good.
When I was in for no. 2 yesterday (Moderna) an elderly lady had a picture of her first shot and there was a lot of bruising. Mine hurt-I don't know if it was said here or somewhere else but it felt like a tetanus shot, so nothing at all like her experience.

2nd one I'd say I feel it a little bit more than the first one 21ish hours later but so far that's my only symptom. I was expecting to wake up this morning feeling like crap but if it wasn't for arm soreness I wouldn't know that I had a vaccination yesterday.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Mar 11, 2006

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort passed internal Trump campaign information to a Russian intelligence officer during the 2016 election, a new bipartisan Senate report concludes.

The findings draw a direct line between the president's former campaign chairman and Russian intelligence during the 2016 campaign.
Are we seriously still peddling this?? I am not a Trump fan, but anyone still claiming Trump colluded with Russia to meddle in the election deserves ridicule.
The MSM was "Russia, Russia, Russia" non-stop. Maddow did over 70 straight nights with collusion conspiracy. And the worst that all the massive 2+ year investigation could find was that possibly Manafort may have passed campaign polling data to a former Russian colleague?

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Are we seriously still peddling this?? I am not a Trump fan, but anyone still claiming Trump colluded with Russia to meddle in the election deserves ridicule.
The MSM was "Russia, Russia, Russia" non-stop. Maddow did over 70 straight nights with collusion conspiracy. And the worst that all the massive 2+ year investigation could find was that possibly Manafort may have passed campaign polling data to a former Russian colleague?
I realize we're hijacking the thread and I don't want to get into a long drawn-out tussle over this here. My major point is that these allegations weren't loony and they aren't the reason for divisiveness today, as much as BayArea would like us to believe. I've heard people compare this to QAnon, and they're not even in the same ballpark.

Here's more from the Senate Intelligence Committee headed by Marco Rubio (not Rachel Maddow or MSM):
Manafort, who was later convicted for financial fraud crimes, briefed Russian intelligence officer Konstantin Kilimnik on the campaign's polling data and how the Trump campaign sought to beat Hillary Clinton in the presidential election.

Manafort's connection with Kilimnik was a "grave counterintelligence threat," the report reads, adding that it found evidence the Russian intelligence officer may have been linked to the Russian government's efforts to hack and leak Democratic Party emails.

Mar 11, 2006
I realize we're hijacking the thread and I don't want to get into a long drawn-out tussle over this here. My major point is that these allegations weren't loony and they aren't the reason for divisiveness today, as much as BayArea would like us to believe. I've heard people compare this to QAnon, and they're not even in the same ballpark.

Here's more from the Senate Intelligence Committee headed by Marco Rubio (not Rachel Maddow or MSM):
Manafort, who was later convicted for financial fraud crimes, briefed Russian intelligence officer Konstantin Kilimnik on the campaign's polling data and how the Trump campaign sought to beat Hillary Clinton in the presidential election.

Manafort's connection with Kilimnik was a "grave counterintelligence threat," the report reads, adding that it found evidence the Russian intelligence officer may have been linked to the Russian government's efforts to hack and leak Democratic Party emails.
You are right, we are hijacking the thread ... so no more replies about Russia for me, but since you mentioned Rubio...this was Rubio's quote after the Senate Intelligence Committee completed their investigation "The Committee found no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government."

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
OK & CA

I said the people that still believe it are loons. I seriously doubt you still believe it.