Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
Biden Just announced come April 19th every one in the US will be eligible for a shot. So I didn't think it would be the end of the world to wait 2 more weeks. (Although I'd love to have some cheese fries!)

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I don't think so. Fauci is an addict. He loves the spotlight. Even though the pfizer and moderna vaccines are effective on the variants, the variants will be way "too dangerous" for fauci to give up the spotlight. So, we will be in the mask business for at least the end of the year.
Agree on Fauci not being the person to decide this, but overall I disagree. States are already opening up, and Biden and Co want to reopen as well. It would be political suicide for them to say 'stay closed' after everyone has had the option to have the vaccine. Businesses will follow what the admin says - they just want permission socially, which they should get in the next two months if not sooner.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Agree on Fauci not being the person to decide this, but overall I disagree. States are already opening up, and Biden and Co want to reopen as well. It would be political suicide for them to say 'stay closed' after everyone has had the option to have the vaccine. Businesses will follow what the admin says - they just want permission socially, which they should get in the next two months if not sooner.
I think this cat is going to try to convince the world that the new variants are too dangerous to remove masks and open totally up.

Duke Silver

A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
it deserves investigation. Cuomo tried to hide his numbers, I hope to God someone wasn't trying to do that in Oklahoma and now trying to undo it
It has been widely reported. Widely. Even you posted on it. 1300 positives and 1700 deaths were part of an error. It has been corrected because the state isn't hiding anything. They could have said oh well.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I think this cat is going to try to convince the world that the new variants are too dangerous to remove masks and open totally up.
Unless we see deaths coming out of the vaccinated population then I don't see how he gets that message across.

We're following right along Israel's path - they saw a sharp drop in deaths and cases as they vaccinated the most vulnerable, then a plateau, then they hit 50% of the population vaccinated and the cases plummeted to near zero. We're in that plateau phase and fast approaching 50% vaccinated. If deaths/cases approach 0, there's no need for any type of restrictions.

Duke Silver

A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Unless we see deaths coming out of the vaccinated population then I don't see how he gets that message across.

We're following right along Israel's path - they saw a sharp drop in deaths and cases as they vaccinated the most vulnerable, then a plateau, then they hit 50% of the population vaccinated and the cases plummeted to near zero. We're in that plateau phase and fast approaching 50% vaccinated. If deaths/cases approach 0, there's no need for any type of restrictions.
I know all of that. Others in other agencies know all of that. But the way the media worshipped him and he lapped it up simply because he wasn't an appointed member of the trump admin is bizarre and not healthy. He has the media in his pocket and they will parrot him because he is the brand. I hope I am wrong, but I am not the only one that thinks so. There are a couple of agencies prepared for his bullcrap. Just waiting for him to not give in and go against the obvious.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA

I think we are already seeing deaths from the vaccinated population based on what I was hearing on NPR today.

Mar 11, 2006
What if he's right?
Then it would be a first in a long time for him.

I was a Fauci fan for a few months. And I do think Trump did not treat him well. But he has been a groundhog seeing his shadow now for the past several months. We need doctors of his knowledge advising on health. We do NOT need doctors of his knowledge advising on economics.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Then it would be a first in a long time for him.

I was a Fauci fan for a few months. And I do think Trump did not treat him well. But he has been a groundhog seeing his shadow now for the past several months. We need doctors of his knowledge advising on health. We do NOT need doctors of his knowledge advising on economics.
How many million dollar hospital bills can we afford?

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I think we are already seeing deaths from the vaccinated population based on what I was hearing on NPR today.
You mean this NPR article?

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/25/980035707/lying-through-truth-misleading-facts-fuel-vaccine-misinformation#:~:text=Among%20the%20more%20than%2085,suffering%20from%20other%20health%20conditions

Among the more than 85 million people in the U.S. who have now received at least one vaccination shot, less than .0018% of shot recipients have died sometime afterward.

Mar 11, 2006
How many million dollar hospital bills can we afford?
How many $2T stimulus packages can we afford? How long can people feed their families with unemployment double what it was pre-COVID in some states?

I understand your loved ones were tragically impacted by the virus so I don’t want my post to sound flippant (not at all my intention). But at what level of vaccination are you going to feel safe to go forward?

I can’t say with absolute certainty that there won’t be a variant of the virus that will return at a growth we saw previously. But I can’t say absolute certainty about much so I choose to look forward rather than back.

I am taking precautions, my family of four have all had both shots ... I am looking forward to a relatively normal summer. And, most importantly for those on this board, join 50k fans in BPS on Sept 4th.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
1300 new cases and 1700 new deaths added to Oklahoma COVID numbers today. This is the second big adjustment up in Deaths

https://twitter.com/tulsaworld/status/1379878415399014404

Are we supposed to pretend like this wasn't a mistake now?
I read this is a lab not updating properly. New software had been setup in December I think. Since then, no updates went through from them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk