Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
My family decided to not attend a small outdoor wedding recently. If we were going to go to one, this would have been the group to do it with as they had all been very diligent with precautions throughout the past year. Masks required during the ceremony, strict reminders if you were away from your table at the reception, pre-made plates, etc. Nine people came out of it with Covid. As others have noted, "outside" isn't a pass to go buck-wild. Please don't be obtuse.
And you are confident all of them contracted it at the wedding? If that is the case with those kind of precautions all of the US population would have contracted it by now

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
A month in the hospital is going to generate a million dollar bill.
I'm not sure of their insurance status. Will have to check to see if they need help. I hadn't thought of that, and that is a way to help them down the line. Thanks for that reminder.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The outdoor excuse seems to be the arguement much of the time, in certain situations it is fine, but like you said when you are crammed in there like sardines there is a huuuuuge difference in the outcome.
My daughter works, currently, for the team...not happy about this...and will be leaving them soon due to a move so she didn't quit on them even thought disagreed with this action. She called and told me about this once it was made public and was worried about her elderly volunteers who hadn't been, or had refused to be vaccinated (the team and staff have been vaccinated because they are a mega vaccine site and the Nat Guard practiced on them)...We all understand that we need to open up and attempt to get back to normal, however, at the same time we felt ownership could have waited a month to do it OR at least required vaccinations or a test or something and enforced the mask rule better otherwise. They did have the roof open for opening day, but yesterday they did not with about 20K in attendance.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I'm not sure of their insurance status. Will have to check to see if they need help. I hadn't thought of that, and that is a way to help them down the line. Thanks for that reminder.
the family friend of ours who passed away 2 weeks ago...his family has run into complications with his life insurance. The insurance company won't pay out. When he got sick he was in the middle of changing jobs. It was his first day on his new job and he didn't make it to work because his wife had to take him to the ER where he spent a month battling COVID before passing away

His old company still had a company sponsored life insurance policy on him but since he had quit that job it won't pay out. His new company had not yet added them to their life insurance coverage so they don't have anything to pay out.

His old company offered to transfer his life insurance policy to his new company and then have it paid out and both companies approached the insurance company saying they wanted to do this, but they have different insurance companies and those insurance companies would not agree for that.

Someone started a Go Fund Me because of this and they have raised 45k for his wife and two kids to replace the $50k insurance policy that will not pay out.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
the family friend of ours who passed away 2 weeks ago...his family has run into complications with his life insurance. The insurance company won't pay out. When he got sick he was in the middle of changing jobs. It was his first day on his new job and he didn't make it to work because his wife had to take him to the ER where he spent a month battling COVID before passing away

His old company still had a company sponsored life insurance policy on him but since he had quit that job it won't pay out. His new company had not yet added them to their life insurance coverage so they don't have anything to pay out.

His old company offered to transfer his life insurance policy to his new company and then have it paid out and both companies approached the insurance company saying they wanted to do this, but they have different insurance companies and those insurance companies would not agree for that.

Someone started a Go Fund Me because of this and they have raised 45k for his wife and two kids to replace the $50k insurance policy that will not pay out.
That sucks man...this thing has been brutal in all sorts of ways. I'm glad most of the current posters on this site are getting their vaccine. We really need to put this thing out and the more people that go get it the better. We need to talk to our friends and neighbors who are vaccine hesitant and in a loving way help them to understand.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Got some feedback on the J&J shot from a co-worker. Guy I work with got his J&J shot yesterday. Said he felt like a million bucks today. Said he had some fatigue last night but he slept great and today he feels really good.

Said outside of the fatigue and sore spot where the shot was given there wasn't much of any side effects so far. Will be interesting to see J&J single dose side effects. Don't really see too many complaints about any for that shot

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
Got some feedback on the J&J shot from a co-worker. Guy I work with got his J&J shot yesterday. Said he felt like a million bucks today. Said he had some fatigue last night but he slept great and today he feels really good.

Said outside of the fatigue and sore spot where the shot was given there wasn't much of any side effects so far. Will be interesting to see J&J single dose side effects. Don't really see too many complaints about any for that shot
I'm going to be picky and find a place to get the J&J shot, even if I have to wait a while.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Wife has hers scheduled for today, I'll be getting my first before the end of the month. Happy to be getting to the end of this. It's going to be crazy party time when the US is fully open with no masks in 60 days.
:thumbup:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm going to be picky and find a place to get the J&J shot, even if I have to wait a while.
If you try to find it right now you should be able to obtain one like today...no need to wait, in fact waiting increases the risk of you and everyone you are in contact with. Not trying to be snide, but that's what they tell us anyway. Good luck on finding and getting the shot asap. We have a ton of J&J in Oklahoma and pretty much anyone can get it if they want it. I would think they would in Illinois as well.

Btw, I wouldn't be afraid of any of them. Wife and I got Moderna, 80 year old parents both got Phiser, sister got Phiser and her Husband got J&J, Son got Phiser yesterday, Daughter and her husband both got Phiser, no know reactions to any of those shots except for some fatigue and sore arm. Just in my immediate family that is 9 shots with no reactions to speak of.

Last edited:

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
If you try to find it right now you should be able to obtain one like today...no need to wait, in fact waiting increases the risk of you and everyone you are in contact with. Not trying to be snide, but that's what they tell us anyway. Good luck on finding and getting the shot asap. We have a ton of J&J in Oklahoma and pretty much anyone can get it if they want it. I would think they would in Illinois as well.
In Illinois where I live I'm not "eligible" for any of the shots.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
In Illinois where I live I'm not "eligible" for any of the shots.
You could come to Oklahoma and be "eligible" pretty much right now. Entire state is "eligible" if you are over 16. I doubt very seriously they would even care if you are from out of state . You can get it pretty much at any Walgreens about as easy as getting a covid test. It's flat crazy to me that some states are so behind the eight ball to not release eligibility with the supply we have now. See below event TOMORROW at GIA where they are hoping to administer 1,000's of J&J shots. They had one of these big events yesterday in OKC and not many people showed so I bet they would give it to you even being an out of state. If I where you I'd take the day off now, get in my car and drive to Stillwater...make it a cheese fries event with hopes of a vaccine as well. I bet they would do you...however, if you are worried about it call in advance for the official word because my sons license was required for his shot yesterday.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/o...19-vaccine-pod-now-open-to-public/ar-BB1fh9bT

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Wife has hers scheduled for today, I'll be getting my first before the end of the month. Happy to be getting to the end of this. It's going to be crazy party time when the US is fully open with no masks in 60 days.
:thumbup:
I don't think so. Fauci is an addict. He loves the spotlight. Even though the pfizer and moderna vaccines are effective on the variants, the variants will be way "too dangerous" for fauci to give up the spotlight. So, we will be in the mask business for at least the end of the year.

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater

That is good to hear I am getting my shot on Friday and it is the J&J one, here is hoping to have minimal side effects also :thumbup: