Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Legit question-The veterinary use ivermectin; is the active ingredient also manufactured by Merck? I ask because I know several folks dosing themselves with it & was just curious....

*not me, I save that for the bovines! I signed up to get stuck once Phase III opens up.
Sigma Aldrich.

The thing about veterinary dosage forms is they don't have the same GMP standards. It's kind of like the difference between a steak (human) and an all-beef hot dog (vet). The dosages sometimes are also vastly different.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Lol, I have talked to maybe 10 drug reps in 20 years. Good try. Yes, anyone and everyone can make ivermectin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, then you know even less than the average physician.

You still don't know the difference between making the chemical and making the dosage form. One maker of the chemical ivermectin in the US, Sigma-Aldrich. Two manufacturers of oral dosage forms, Merck and a generic house. The generic house gets the chemical from Sigma-Aldrich (which is owned by Merck).

You have two choices here, you can either admit that you know jack about drug manufacturing and distribution, or you can continue to look foolish. Up to you.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Lol, I have talked to maybe 10 drug reps in 20 years. Good try. Yes, anyone and everyone can make ivermectin.

Well, then you know even less than the average physician.

You still don't know the difference between making the chemical and making the dosage form. One maker of the chemical ivermectin in the US, Sigma-Aldrich. Two manufacturers of oral dosage forms, Merck and a generic house. The generic house gets the chemical from Sigma-Aldrich (which is owned by Merck).

You have two choices here, you can either admit that you know jack about drug manufacturing and distribution, or you can continue to look foolish. Up to you.
I’ll go with ivermectin works. Period. I’ll let you know when it doesn’t.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
72.8 million doses down in the USA...get your vaccine...go and get it! Ask your primary care provider if you can't get on a list otherwise, they are being asked to provide list of people for shots to their hospitals. Everyone in Oklahoma that wants a shot should be able to get one really soon...Let's beat down covid 19 and end this scourge on humanity.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

lol! I'll go with the company that makes it when it says it doesn't work, because I don't believe in magic.

It's a McGuffin!
What does a McGuffin do?
It keeps elephants away.
I've never seen an elephant in this part of the world.
See, it works!

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

lol! I'll go with the company that makes it when it says it doesn't work, because I don't believe in magic.

It's a McGuffin!
What does a McGuffin do?
It keeps elephants away.
I've never seen an elephant in this part of the world.
See, it works!
You betcha, but you believe in the magic mask.

Feb 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Heard about a cvs in Tulsa that had vaccines expiring today so they were going first come first serve. Would have been in phase 4 but was lucky enough to get there in time to receive my first one today. So far, no major side effects.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
From the FDA web site:
Ivermectin.png

Note, there are only two oral dosage forms approved for human use in the US. "Anyone can make it" but not anyone does. One of those makers is Merck. The other, Edenbridge Pharma, gets its ivermectin from Aldrich-Sigma which is owned by Merck. So once again, we're back to, if you still believe in ivermectin you have to believe that Merck is somehow trying to keep the world from using their own product. It's nuts. Crazy. Insane. It doesn't make a lick of sense. Stupid.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
drbwh,

Can you at least tell us what zip code you practice in? (if you are a doctor) So we on Orange Power can make an informed decision on whether we believe that dewormer can treat Covid and masked don’t work; or all of that is insane and to stay away from any practice in that zip code?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Heard about a cvs in Tulsa that had vaccines expiring today so they were going first come first serve. Would have been in phase 4 but was lucky enough to get there in time to receive my first one today. So far, no major side effects.
We are quickly closing in on it being first come first serve in Oklahoma I think. Medical centers have them and your GP can likely get you in as well. Cool that you got yours and that they allowed the CVS to do that...in other states where common sense is uncommon they would have thrown them out...I’m looking at you New York and California.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
drbwh,

Can you at least tell us what zip code you practice in? (if you are a doctor) So we on Orange Power can make an informed decision on whether we believe that dewormer can treat Covid and masked don’t work; or all of that is insane and to stay away from any practice in that zip code?
I’m going to bet even I showed you multiple studies that backed up my opinion, you wouldn’t take one second to look at them. I feel bad for people that make decisions based of what the television tells them.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

So much magic...
View attachment 89134
Follow the science Mr. Scientist. They don’t even work for bacteria for more than a couple hours. You know, those things that are MUCH LARGER than a virus.

What do respiratory viruses escape your respiratory tract on? They just leave by themselves? Or, do they hitch a ride on bigger things. Like, oh, say, aerosols and droplets, both of which are larger than either viruses or bacteria.

Really, dude, you have to try hard to be this stupid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
If it quacks like a duck...

The weapon of the sheep, humiliate anyone that disagrees with you. To try to ruin the lives of people that see the world differently than you. You all have been taught so well. The dark side of the force is strong in you. The more you try to humiliate and silence me, the more I will speak. I am sure that is not something you are capable of understanding. It is so interesting to see how this forum has drifted to the dark side over the past 15 years. It’s like different people posting under the same screen names. It’s amazing how even intelligent principled people can be overcome with a disease when the propaganda is strong. This exact scenario has been predicted for thousands of years. I know I can’t stop it, but that doesn’t mean I won’t continue to try. Keep up the good work.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

So much magic...
View attachment 89134
Follow the science Mr. Scientist. They don’t even work for bacteria for more than a couple hours. You know, those things that are MUCH LARGER than a virus.

What do respiratory viruses escape your respiratory tract on? They just leave by themselves? Or, do they hitch a ride on bigger things. Like, oh, say, aerosols and droplets, both of which are larger than either viruses or bacteria.

Really, dude, you have to try hard to be this stupid.

Uh huh, and they fly right out the side of a mask. Unless all these mask I am seeing are properly fitted N-95, they are pretty much useless. Coughing into your arm works just as well. Seriously quit being such a parrot and use your brain. If they are so great why don’t we wear them with TB patients?