Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I’m wondering why, if vaccination is the answer, why the government didn’t just mandate a “generic” ruling right off the bat with both vaccines, and pretty much hand the batch production records over to every (already FDA approved) contract biopharmaceutical manufacturing operation willing to start immediate production.

It would suck for the companies that developed the technology, buuuuut isn’t this about saving as many lives as possible as fast as possible?!??
You're wondering why the government doesn't just steal the property of private companies? I mean, we did that with the Indians, so why not?

In Pfizer's case, it might be sort of justice for Kelo v New London.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I’m wondering why, if vaccination is the answer, why the government didn’t just mandate a “generic” ruling right off the bat with both vaccines, and pretty much hand the batch production records over to every (already FDA approved) contract biopharmaceutical manufacturing operation willing to start immediate production.

It would suck for the companies that developed the technology, buuuuut isn’t this about saving as many lives as possible as fast as possible?!??
P.S. The Pfizer vaccine is so unique I'm not sure there is a generic house capable of producing it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Sounds like a nice way to thumb their nose at the previous administration. I also read somewhere that the current administration officials were shocked and dismayed at the lack of planning for vaccine distribution started by the previous administration.
I read that too, the media will be taking whatever is said and kicking a dead horse for a long time...Not playing by the "rules" does that. Point being previous administrations are always set up as scape goats for new ones...happens every time. While the truth is some success and some mistakes are made with all Administrations. Hopefully this one can take the positive work of the last one on vaccines and get the distribution process working better. We should cheer for whatever helps us the most, not look back and jeer whatever didn't.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Per CDC Vaccine tracker:

38 million doses have been distributed in the USA
17.5 million doses have been given in the USA
490K doses have been distributed in Oklahoma
260K doses have been given'
Texas and California have both given over 1.5 million doses each to their populations, Florida is over 1,2 million, New York @ over 1.1 million. Good work!

Traction is being gained and a faint light is at the end of this long tunnel.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
White House responds after President Biden and his family violate Federal Law on federal property requiring visitors must wear a mask. One day after Biden signs the law!!!!

"We have bigger issues to worry about at this moment in time," Psaki said.

Well, so much for concerns about Covid....

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
You're wondering why the government doesn't just steal the property of private companies? I mean, we did that with the Indians, so why not?

In Pfizer's case, it might be sort of justice for Kelo v New London.
Yeah actually... I’m a little bit surprised that if vaccination is pretty much the only thing that will save our lives, then why don’t we have EVERY possible hand making it?

Is this a pandemic or not?

*Not that I believe in this type of “theft”... just saying that with every passing day we are losing thousands (just in the US) and yet we are totally fine with only a handful of manufacturers producing the vaccine.

Mar 11, 2006
https://twitter.com/JonesingToWrite/status/1352638088233811971
So BA is doing the smart thing and quarantining 10% of their students while also keeping the school open for 90% of the others ....and that is supposed to show Stitt was wrong to be a critic of Tulsa Public Schools which hasn't had in -person classes for nearly 1 year??

What BA is doing is called being safe, but also thinking about the education of our young people and keeping in-person classes available as much as possible.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
This was debunked by Dr Fauci.
I generally believe Fauci, but also, a lot of rump lovers have been telling me that he likes to lie about stuff.

White House responds after President Biden and his family violate Federal Law on federal property requiring visitors must wear a mask. One day after Biden signs the law!!!!

"We have bigger issues to worry about at this moment in time," Psaki said.

Well, so much for concerns about Covid....
At least he didnt advertise for goya from the oval office

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Yeah actually... I’m a little bit surprised that if vaccination is pretty much the only thing that will save our lives, then why don’t we have EVERY possible hand making it?

Is this a pandemic or not?

*Not that I believe in this type of “theft”... just saying that with every passing day we are losing thousands (just in the US) and yet we are totally fine with only a handful of manufacturers producing the vaccine.
So, just to make sure I'm clear, you want government to steal the intellectual property and take over the production?