Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/business/status/1351247506156433410?s=19
LOL... Pfizer is still trying to ramp up production because they can't keep up. He thinks they're going to sell directly to him when they are behind on what they have promised the U.S. and other countries??

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
NY canceled 23K appointments for COVID vaccines today because they are out of shots to give

►Britain's National Health Service is preparing at least two London buses to serve as makeshift ambulances so four COVID patients can be transported at once, The Guardian reports. The buses, to be staffed by intensive car physicians and nurses, are designed to ease the strain the pandemic has put on London ambulance services.
Was that number supposed to be in the article? I'm not seeing it.

Also, it's tough to know at this point if running out is an allotment issue by the feds or a manufacturing issue given somewhat conflicting reports.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Was that number supposed to be in the article? I'm not seeing it.

Also, it's tough to know at this point if running out is an allotment issue by the feds or a manufacturing issue given somewhat conflicting reports.
Another example of it in NJ. Murphy criticizes CVS & Walgreen's, though they're on the projected schedule for vaccinations of elderly, then acknowledges it's largely a supply issue.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Why the Defense Production Act isn't already being used to speed vaccine production is beyond me

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...nd-by-trump/ar-BB1cXOIi?ocid=ientp&li=BBnb7Kz.

The 12 supply shortfalls identified by the Biden team are critical to the pandemic response, including N95 surgical masks and isolation gowns, as well as swabs, reagents and pipettes used in testing — deficiencies that have dogged the nation for nearly a year. Jen Psaki, the new White House press secretary, told reporters on Wednesday evening that Mr. Biden “absolutely remains committed” to invoking the Defense Production Act, a Korean War-era law, to bolster supplies.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2006
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...nd-by-trump/ar-BB1cXOIi?ocid=ientp&li=BBnb7Kz.

The 12 supply shortfalls identified by the Biden team are critical to the pandemic response, including N95 surgical masks and isolation gowns, as well as swabs, reagents and pipettes used in testing — deficiencies that have dogged the nation for nearly a year. Jen Psaki, the new White House press secretary, told reporters on Wednesday evening that Mr. Biden “absolutely remains committed” to invoking the Defense Production Act, a Korean War-era law, to bolster supplies.
There should be no reason why the Biden administration doesn't do a great job on it's Covid/vaccine response.

They can look at what's already being done with a fresh set of eyes, continue what's working, add additional resources to what needs cleaned up and implement. All with the full support of media/ social media to spread the word.

If you add in new vaccines being approved in the near future, getting everyone a vaccine that wants one should be doable.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I guess the pandemic really did end after Biden took over.

Indoor dining in DC set to reopen at 25% capacity on Friday
The lifting of the District's indoor dining ban comes as the city prepares for Metropolitan Washington Restaurant Week -- which takes place starting Jan. 25.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/life/...ry-22/65-68ad937e-0ec7-47fe-8611-7f134498d20c

Shocking, especially on the heels of Cuomo's recent epiphany that things can't stay closed forever.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yes, nationally. Biden's goal is 100 million doses in 100 days, as the previous poster referenced, ergo 1 million per day.

Edit: spotting some confusion in the last post, over the last week we have averaged 900k doses PER DAY.
that's awesome...Hope we achieve it and I don't know why we couldn't. I'm hopeful that the 100 million don't include the millions we have done already....If so that would mean we would have done about 120 million once his first 100 days are up. I hope that is what he means.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
that's awesome...Hope we achieve it and I don't know why we couldn't. I'm hopeful that the 100 million don't include the millions we have done already....If so that would mean we would have done about 120 million once his first 100 days are up. I hope that is what he means.
In short, yes. But, politics being politics they could claim victory in reaching 100 total even though their goal is clearly 100 plus what had been done previously.

Nov 23, 2010
Last week weren't we at like 850K doses a day? I'd be disappointed if we only average 1 million doses a day over the next 100 days, especially if another vaccine is approved at some point in that time.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1352353844206968833?s=19

Since all of these entities are already doing this, how is this a change?
Sounds like a nice way to thumb their nose at the previous administration. I also read somewhere that the current administration officials were shocked and dismayed at the lack of planning for vaccine distribution started by the previous administration.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
How, exactly, is it supposed to increase vaccine production?
I’m wondering why, if vaccination is the answer, why the government didn’t just mandate a “generic” ruling right off the bat with both vaccines, and pretty much hand the batch production records over to every (already FDA approved) contract biopharmaceutical manufacturing operation willing to start immediate production.

It would suck for the companies that developed the technology, buuuuut isn’t this about saving as many lives as possible as fast as possible?!??