Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Everything I've read from the people who do the genetics on this say the opposite, at least relative to respiratory viruses. Viruses mutate all the time. They just don't make the news. Happy to have others with better knowledge correct me if I'm wrong.
It's slower from everything I've read. But every infection is a chance for mutation. We're seeing all these strains pop now because so many people are getting infected, I'd guess. Need that vaccine!

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Gov Stitt officiated Maskless wedding for Ted Cruz pollster
https://twitter.com/TheLostOgle/status/1349737256614064130
I think the reason why so many people don't take COVID-19 seriously is because so very few people under age 65 are getting seriously ill from it. Maybe Gov. Stitt could take it more seriously, if his case of covid made him spend time in ICU for several weeks.

Mar 11, 2006
why he got to lie about it ?

https://twitter.com/JonesingToWrite/status/1350089735696474120
Is Oklahoma County and the state hospitalization rate a lot different than Tulsa County?

The 7-day rolling day rolling average for hospital admissions in the state on Nov 14th was 22.1. Yesterday the 7-day rolling average was 20.9.

Granted, Stitt was talking for the state, but for Tulsa County --- he is accurate.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Is Oklahoma County and the state hospitalization rate a lot different than Tulsa County?

The 7-day rolling day rolling average for hospital admissions in the state on Nov 14th was 22.1. Yesterday the 7-day rolling average was 20.9.

Granted, Stitt was talking for the state, but for Tulsa County --- he is accurate.
Is that supposed to make his false statement better? :confused:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
30 million doses have been distributed in the USA and 11 million have been given! We are going to get this done!

We are indeed a top 10 state in number of shots given per capita...as is strangely West Virginia and South Dakota. Texas has giving them most vaccine. All these states are leading the way...I ask you why? I don't know, but is it government or people or a mix or what? Just curious because we have been called a bunch of anti vaxers by certain folks who don't understand us and underestimate us.

Btw, Israel leads the planet on shots given per 100 people (24 persons out of 100 have had the shot in Israel) and will likely be the first country to reach herd immunity. UAE will be second and likely, out of big countries the UK will be third with us likely 4th unless we get moving and we could beat the UK I guess, but it's likely we will be 4th to reach herd immunity at current pace.

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
30 million doses have been distributed in the USA and 11 million have been given! We are going to get this done!

We are indeed a top 10 state in number of shots given per capita...as is strangely West Virginia and South Dakota. Texas has giving them most vaccine. All these states are leading the way...I ask you why? I don't know, but is it government or people or a mix or what? Just curious because we have been called a bunch of anti vaxers by certain folks who don't understand us and underestimate us.

Btw, Israel leads the planet on shots given per 100 people (24 persons out of 100 have had the shot in Israel) and will likely be the first country to reach herd immunity. UAE will be second and likely, out of big countries the UK will be third with us likely 4th unless we get moving and we could beat the UK I guess, but it's likely we will be 4th to reach herd immunity at current pace.
UK is also using the AstraZeneca vaccine in their arsenal and I'm not sure it will be approved here because their trial data were not great. It could be far less effective than the ones we're giving and that could increase the number they have to administer to reach herd immunity.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
UK is also using the AstraZeneca vaccine in their arsenal and I'm not sure it will be approved here because their trial data were not great. It could be far less effective than the ones we're giving and that could increase the number they have to administer to reach herd immunity.
https://twitter.com/business/status/1350121597299003397

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1350099663618265089
According to the CDC 30 million doses HAVE BEEN distributed already...11 million are in arms now...that least 29 MILLION sitting and being given as we speak. This seems like alarmist stuff you are posting here....reminds me of an old Sunday school song with some new covid 19 and 2020/21 lyrics...

Doom and Gloom
Doom and Gloom
@Binman4OSU is flowing Doom, and Gloom
Doom and Gloom
Doom and Gloom
Our country is dyeing on the Vine...
Doom and Gloom
Doom and Gloom
But tomorrow the sun will still shine...

Have a great Friday and a Wonderful weekend...Things can and WILL get better. We need to come together for good and positive news and build a better outlook on our future. Our hopes are up here at the Hospital where I work, we are having a better week than the last few and I see lots of people smiling and being kind to one another every day. My employees are BIG light in a dark place. We are so blessed to be working, helping others, screening patients and giving directions and going out of their way for the masses each day. I'm so proud of each of them I could burst.

Life isn't all bad and neither is the news...we need to make it better by our choice of consumption of things. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
According to the CDC 30 million doses HAVE BEEN distributed already...11 million are in arms now...that least 29 MILLION sitting and being given as we speak. This seems like alarmist stuff you are posting here....reminds me of an old Sunday school song with some new covid 19 and 2020/21 lyrics...

Doom and Gloom
Doom and Gloom
@Binman4OSU is flowing Doom, and Gloom
Doom and Gloom
Doom and Gloom
Our country is dyeing on the Vine...
Doom and Gloom
Doom and Gloom
But tomorrow the sun will sine...

Have a great Friday and a Wonderful weekend...Things can and WILL get better. We need to come together for good and positive news and build a better outlook on our future. Our hopes are up here at the Hospital where I work, we are having a better week than the last few and I see lots of people smiling and being kind to one another every day. My employees are BIG light in a dark place. We are so blessed to be working, helping others, screening patients and giving directions and going out of their way for the masses each day. I'm so proud of each of them I could burst.

Life isn't all bad and neither is the news...we need to make it better by our choice of consumption of things. Just a thought.
I think the J&J vaccine will really get things going in the right direction quickly. Not only bringing in the additional supply, but from my understanding, theirs only takes a single dose rather than two staggered over a month.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
https://twitter.com/business/status/1350121597299003397
I'm not sure this was actually intended as a response to me, but I never said I agreed with it, just that using a less effective vaccine increases the number of doses the UK has to administer for herd immunity. Personally, I'd want to see some modeling done to determine optimal large scale benefit with 3 or 4 vaccines where 1 is less effective than the others and then do an EUA with guidance based on that. J&J may be less effective too, but in the range where you still want to approve them quickly (70ish%). So, we're probably going to have to do that at some point anyway. It would be nice if they have 95% efficacy, but their Phase 2 trial suggested 90% of participants generated strong antibody responses. As I understand it, we should expect efficacy south of 90% but maybe not by much, though there is some question as to whether one shot will be enough and for whom.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/13...r-jjs-one-dose-covid-vaccine-will-measure-up/

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC