Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So the Trump Admin turned down an offer this summer to reserve additional COVID vaccines from Pfizer should Pfizer come up with a solution.

Now Trump is trying to sign an EO to make doses made in the US be reserved for US citizens

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1336371622761074688

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Umm, the guy in charge is a person of color. You need to inform yourself a little more. I'm sorry you can't see that most Republicans are just people that deal with other people based on their personality and character and don't care about the color of their skin.
Do I agree with how they show up at Antifa riots knowing that it will provoke actually to commit violence? No. Do I think Antifa should commit violence just because these people show up? No.
Some of the most vile and hateful racist comments that I've heard this year have come from white liberals yelling at people of color that don't agree with them (just listen to some of the things they call black cops). I have seen lgbtq conservatives attacked by liberals for just not having the same political views as them.

Proud Boys are not racist. Maybe dumb in the way they do things, but not racist.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
https://www.newsweek.com/proud-boys-based-stickman-enrique-tarrio-goys-1546597

One of the guys "in charge" is a person of color-Enrique Tarro.

One of the other guys "in charge" Kyle Chapman clearly has white supremacist views.

There is a power struggle going on. I think it is fair to say that there are racist elements in the Proud Boys, and a strong anti-Semitic perspective from a large proportion of it's members.

Mar 9, 2004
Edmond, OK
So the Trump Admin turned down an offer this summer to reserve additional COVID vaccines from Pfizer should Pfizer come up with a solution.

Now Trump is trying to sign an EO to make doses made in the US be reserved for US citizens

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1336371622761074688
Doesn't really seem necessary since we have the Moderna vaccine lined up as well. Since they are part of Warp Speed, they have to provide up to 100 million doses.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Doesn't really seem necessary since we have the Moderna vaccine lined up as well. Since they are part of Warp Speed, they have to provide up to 100 million doses.
I see it as a non-story. Always easy to go back and say what should have been done. Buying an extra 100M doses of an unproved drug would be risky as well. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Trump. Lots to blame him for, but this isn't one of those things.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Now who sounds like a conspiracy theorist? Just sayin'......

That is impossible. Police are involved in this story. The rights conspiracies never leave twitter.
Oh come on. Can't you stand a little ribbing? You have to admit it sounds like a conspiracy theory.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, it's one-dose, cheaper, and just needs to be refrigerated (not in a mega-freezer like Pfizer). Even if its effectiveness isn't as good, it'll work well enough. Some think it'll be the most used around the world.
Bingo. Last checked it's at a 70% effectiveness, which is less than our mRNA friends, but it's still more than enough to counteract the pandemic. And it will 100% be the vaccine used in the 'poor' parts of the world. Easy storage, single shot. If we didn't have a miracle breakthrough like we did, the J&J would be considered a godsend all on it's own.

We really need to talk about how big of a deal Pfizer and Moderna's vaccines are. This is like switching from the pony express to the first radio. Just monumental achievement that we won't fully appreciate it our lifetimes. If they pan out like some think they will, the history books in a 1,000 will cover Sept 11th, Iraq, and the Obama years as middling trivia. The development of the mRNA vaccine will be the single most important accomplishment of the 21st century and it won't be close. It will be like what the transistor was for computers.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Bingo. Last checked it's at a 70% effectiveness, which is less than our mRNA friends, but it's still more than enough to counteract the pandemic. And it will 100% be the vaccine used in the 'poor' parts of the world. Easy storage, single shot. If we didn't have a miracle breakthrough like we did, the J&J would be considered a godsend all on it's own.

We really need to talk about how big of a deal Pfizer and Moderna's vaccines are. This is like switching from the pony express to the first radio. Just monumental achievement that we won't fully appreciate it our lifetimes. If they pan out like some think they will, the history books in a 1,000 will cover Sept 11th, Iraq, and the Obama years as middling trivia. The development of the mRNA vaccine will be the single most important accomplishment of the 21st century and it won't be close. It will be like what the transistor was for computers.
Where did you find the 70% effectiveness? That's roughly where the oxford vaccine landed, but I didn't think j&j had released any phase 3 results. The reports I saw said they wouldn't have even preliminary results until January.

Mar 9, 2004
Edmond, OK

Yeah, this and harnessing CRISPR are going to revolutionize medicine.