Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
I'm sure Biden will get the vaccine very early, just maybe not make a public display out of it. Of course, he hasn't said he wouldn't do it publicly either.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Someone at his age would be high risk and, assuming he is attending meetings and has staff around him at all times, he is at a higher risk level of catching it. When Trump got it, the media flipped out because he got special care/medication which others may not have access to. So, why not have him be one of the first to get the vaccine?
Uh, cause he will be the POTUS at that time .That tends to be an incredibly protected person and they do not want his health care or where about publicly know months in advance. They don't know what will be going on at that time and there is an incredible amount of work that goes into his travel.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Uh, cause he will be the POTUS at that time .That tends to be an incredibly protected person and they do not want his health care or where about publicly know months in advance. They don't know what will be going on at that time and there is an incredible amount of work that goes into his travel.
I guess that was not the case for Trump when he was given an experimental antibody treatment for Covid and it was all over the media?

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
State Epidemiologist Jared Taylor says he had similar questions before he took his current position this summer. Until then, he was patrolling coronavirus data as a researcher. Now he works with a surveillance team, a group of epidemiologists whose full-time jobs are tracking the coronavirus.

“It's not because the health department has these folks doing six different tasks and no one is paying attention to this and, oh, somebody's been dead for a month,” he said.

How the reporting works has some variables.

First, where did the person die? Most die in a medical setting, like a hospital. In that case, the medical professional tasked with record-keeping gives the State Department of Health two reports. One, the death certificate, goes to the department’s vital records division. That happens with all deaths. But with COVID-19 deaths, there’s another that goes into the department’s public health infectious disease system. It notifies the surveillance team of a COVID-19 death.

That shouldn’t take much time, but it is an opportunity for a hiccup. Overwhelmed hospital or nursing home staffs can forget to update the infectious disease database, leading to a delay in that death’s reporting to the state.

Here’s another variable: had the victim already been diagnosed? That’s typical. And if so, that surveillance team already has a case file on the person, so it is simply updated.

If the person had been diagnosed, but died outside of a medical setting, the surveillance team obviously wouldn’t get the death notice from a care provider. However, each infected person in the system is assigned to a surveillance team member who tracks that case either to recovery or to death. It would be their responsibility to find that death, which would lead to a longer delay on reporting.

“And, you know, as you know, this is a database of tens of thousands of cases at this point,” Taylor said. “And some of them are closed and retired … but I mean, they're still scanning a large group of cases and identifying these deaths. And then they have to open that file up, every individual file.”

One of the longest delays would come if the person hadn’t been tested and entered into the infectious disease system, but still had COVID-19 listed on their cause of death on the death certificate. The surveillance team has to investigate.

“We would call a sniff test, right?” Taylor said. “Does this make sense? Is there a listing of symptoms and conditions that would be consistent with them having died of this disease? If yes, the death goes into the reporting system.”

But if not?

“If there's no symptoms listed there, then they may need to go to vital records and try to pull a death certificate and see.”

The investigation would continue.

Taylor says he wants to reiterate this surveillance team is tracking COVID-19 as a full time job, 7 days a week. That’s something outside onlookers, like he used to be, might not realize.
Thanks so much for trying to dig out this important issue about how the OSHD measures and reports Covid-19 deaths. My problem in understanding was they reported daily deaths (including their ages) but then reported
"confirmed" case below that list. Often the daily deaths were reported high but the confirmed cases were often
reported (non in the last 24 hours). I can fully understand the massive problem they have in trying to be as accurate as possible.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Virus May Have Arrived in U.S. in December, but Didn’t Spread Until Later

Blood samples collected in mid-December indicate possible infections more than a month before the known first case of Covid-19, but do not show community transmission.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/health/coronavirus-december-arrival.html

There has been a good deal of speculation that COVID was here in the US as early as November 2019. This study suggests they may not have been wrong.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I applaud these former presidents for their action. The public now is very wary of the vaccines so public announcements are very helpful in encouraging everyone to take the vaccine when it is available.
On the surface that might be fine, but let’s wait until a large number of people receive the follow-up injection to see what the side effects are. I’m hearing varying comments about the effects based on the initial trial rollout.

Jun 14, 2011
On the surface that might be fine, but let’s wait until a large number of people receive the follow-up injection to see what the side effects are. I’m hearing varying comments about the effects based on the initial trial rollout.
What are you "hearing"? Opportune moment for a source so we don't get caught up in rumors.

Mar 11, 2006
I applaud these former presidents for their action. The public now is very wary of the vaccines so public announcements are very helpful in encouraging everyone to take the vaccine when it is available.
Agree. Heard on the radio that Senator Langford said he would get the vaccine, but that Rep Markwayne Mullin said that not only would he not get it, but he only gets vaccines that are legally required ...and added he never gets flu shots.

I don’t understand not getting flu shots ...I know I don’t want to get sick.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
What are you "hearing"? Opportune moment for a source so we don't get caught up in rumors.
I’m not hanging my hat on ANY comments I encounter because no one really knows or will know until we have a large population from which to judge the results, and why I’m not taking anything until I learn more from that. Now, to your question, just guests on various guest talk shows (e.g. Pat Campbell, Bret Baier, Mark Levin, Alan Nathan) since it was first made known the vaccine is ready for prime time distribution. Some “experts” would reference initial results as successful with no significant adverse side effects, then another station or channel would have someone reference initial test subjects who reacted poorly after the second injection.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Agree. Heard on the radio that Senator Langford said he would get the vaccine, but that Rep Markwayne Mullin said that not only would he not get it, but he only gets vaccines that are legally required ...and added he never gets flu shots.

I don’t understand not getting flu shots ...I know I don’t want to get sick.
There are many people that get sick from the flu shot that don't get sick with the flu when they don't take it. Also, the last few seasons they've not been very effective. Sad to get the shot and then turn around and still get the flu pretty bad later because they picked the wrong strains.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Former Dem POTUS hopeful Delaney is trying to get support for a new approach to the COVID Vaccine. Instead of sending out Stimulus checks to all Americans...He is proposing that the money be set aside for a new $1500 stimulus check for each and every American, but it is only triggered to pay out when you get a COVID vaccine.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Former Dem POTUS hopeful Delaney is trying to get support for a new approach to the COVID Vaccine. Instead of sending out Stimulus checks to all Americans...He is proposing that the money be set aside for a new $1500 stimulus check for each and every American, but it is only triggered to pay out when you get a COVID vaccine.
I love the idea Delaney, with one recommended added process. Just deliver to me or let me pick up my report of COVID vaccine injection. I’ll attest that I received it, I may or may not sign it, mail it back to you, and you can send me my check.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Dept of Defense announces COVID Vaccination Cards as part of Operation Warp Speed. One card for each dose will be sent out with the Kits they start delivering to each state next week.

They will be hand written cards that will be given to each person to prove they have had the vaccine and has the date on it when they will need to get their 2nd Booster shot for it. They say it is made to fit in your wallet or purse.

Get your Papers Ready folks! I bet there will be some who will require this card be shown in the future.

https://kfor.com/news/covid-19-vacc...o&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Dept of Defense announces COVID Vaccination Cards as part of Operation Warp Speed. One card for each dose will be sent out with the Kits they start delivering to each state next week.

They will be hand written cards that will be given to each person to prove they have had the vaccine and has the date on it when they will need to get their 2nd Booster shot for it. They say it is made to fit in your wallet or purse.

Get your Papers Ready folks! I bet there will be some who will require this card be shown in the future.

https://kfor.com/news/covid-19-vacc...o&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral
Require the card be shown??? How dare they!!! DISENFRANCHISEMENT!!!

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Require the card be shown??? How dare they!!! DISENFRANCHISEMENT!!!
IF it comes to that...and that is a big IF (but not out of the realm of possibility)
it is their business. They are allowed to deny service if they want too.

I'm betting it will be required to show the card at things like Hospitals to visit patients, or at retirement homes to visit family, or heck even at public schools as it is already required there.

I HIGHLY expect that cruises, flights, and especially travel to other countries will require you show your proof of vaccination before they let you travel.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
https://twitter.com/SteveHofstetter/status/1334528384290803715
The other two were intention attacks. Is anyone blaming China for the virus or at least covering it up in the early stages which lead to the pandemic?

These are health related deaths usually occurring in already compromised individuals. It is still very sad and unfortunate that anyone has died because of this.