Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
So it's not an exaggeration to say it might kill millions? Riiiiiiight. Not going to happen. It's just the latest thing to panic about that will be old news in a month. I will quote this post on Feb. 26th for an I told you so if I'm not dead or being held in quarantine in a local football stadium.
This didn't age well!

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
As a physician, did you ever take a sociology course? Because, if you did, you would not keep saying this nonsensical line which we all know is really just an excuse for the incredibly poor performance of the politician that you have backed 100%.

If you really need me to explain again why humans generally listen to the advice of our government leadership, I will. But, I don't really think you are puzzled by this like you claim. It is an excuse.
Steross...we thank you for your thoughts...!

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I would expect to see large numbers in the next three days - but we should keep in mind it's a backlog. Won't know the true trend and trajectory until next week at the earliest.
Unfortunately, this gives me an idea of where the trend is headed.

I remember last month when we first hit 200 COVID patients in ICU and I thought that was an amazingly high number....at almost 500 now in ICU....That is going to be devastating...IIRC the death rate of people who need to be put in ICU due to COVID is around 20%

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://twitter.com/KJRH2HD/status/1334214846024470543

Today’s COVID-19 update is one that I hoped to not have to report.

Today we reported more than 50 Oklahomans have lost their lives because of this virus. These deaths occurred between Oct. 24 and Nov. 30. Every one of these lives is important and valued. Also, nearly 3,000 Oklahomans were infected and are now fighting their own battles with COVID-19. While these numbers never represent a pure one-day increase - as reports of deaths and cases are staggered over multiple days - the case and death growth is still concerning.

Like many states across the country, we anticipated a rise in cases because of Thanksgiving, both because of family gatherings and facility reporting delays. However, this increase in our infection rate is alarming and should serve as a continued reminder that we must stay vigilant as we head into another holiday season.

We must remember that each count, each case and each infection is a life. These Oklahomans, and the others who passed before them, were our neighbors and loved ones.

Following the 3 W’s — wearing a mask, washing your hands and watching your distance — is a choice. However today, more than ever before, I ask you to consider these guidelines as your responsibility. I ask you to act to protect your family and loved ones.

When you choose to keep yourself and your loved ones safe, you help slow the spread and limit the strain on our healthcare system. You can save lives.

We encourage Oklahomans who think they may have been exposed to get tested for free at one of the more than 150 statewide testing sites and to quarantine while waiting for their test results. We will continue to monitor hospital capacity, working with hospitals across the state to ensure they have the resources needed to give quality care to all Oklahomans.

I ask that all Oklahomans continue to protect themselves and their loved ones from this highly contagious virus.”

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
https://twitter.com/KJRH2HD/status/1334214846024470543

Today’s COVID-19 update is one that I hoped to not have to report.

Today we reported more than 50 Oklahomans have lost their lives because of this virus. These deaths occurred between Oct. 24 and Nov. 30. Every one of these lives is important and valued. Also, nearly 3,000 Oklahomans were infected and are now fighting their own battles with COVID-19. While these numbers never represent a pure one-day increase - as reports of deaths and cases are staggered over multiple days - the case and death growth is still concerning.

Like many states across the country, we anticipated a rise in cases because of Thanksgiving, both because of family gatherings and facility reporting delays. However, this increase in our infection rate is alarming and should serve as a continued reminder that we must stay vigilant as we head into another holiday season.

We must remember that each count, each case and each infection is a life. These Oklahomans, and the others who passed before them, were our neighbors and loved ones.

Following the 3 W’s — wearing a mask, washing your hands and watching your distance — is a choice. However today, more than ever before, I ask you to consider these guidelines as your responsibility. I ask you to act to protect your family and loved ones.

When you choose to keep yourself and your loved ones safe, you help slow the spread and limit the strain on our healthcare system. You can save lives.

We encourage Oklahomans who think they may have been exposed to get tested for free at one of the more than 150 statewide testing sites and to quarantine while waiting for their test results. We will continue to monitor hospital capacity, working with hospitals across the state to ensure they have the resources needed to give quality care to all Oklahomans.

I ask that all Oklahomans continue to protect themselves and their loved ones from this highly contagious virus.”
So a month worth, not a day worth?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So a month worth, not a day worth?
That is what he said...but the report also said 37 of the 54 reported today have happened SINCE THANKSGIVING. I wonder how far behind the State ME office is in certifying these COVID deaths? If they are a month behind then I suspect we are going to start seeing higher and higher death numbers as the ME office catches up to certifying those who died during the surge we are seeing now

https://oklahoman.com/article/56774...th-commissioner-calls-infection-rate-alarming

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
That is what he said...but the report also said 37 of the 54 reported today have happened SINCE THANKSGIVING. I wonder how far behind the State ME office is in certifying these COVID deaths? If they are a month behind then I suspect we are going to start seeing higher and higher death numbers as the ME office catches up to certifying those who died during the surge we are seeing now

https://oklahoman.com/article/56774...th-commissioner-calls-infection-rate-alarming
There is something funny going on with that kind of number dump with the days so spread out. I don’t like to think the worst of people, but what is being manipulated and why?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
That's ok because tomorrow we're gonna pray it all away! :derp:
@Rack My apologies if that came across as me insulting prayer as that isn't at all what I was doing. My comment was directed at our Governor who citizens have been pleading with to do something, ANYTHING and then when Covid is hitting us the hardest it ever has THIS is his response. We should all be praying. Praying that our leaders gain the wisdom to take the advice of our medical experts in making decisions to help curb this pandemic. By taking a "you do you" approach to this, he's ignoring tools God has given us to get through this thing...

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
There is something funny going on with that kind of number dump with the days so spread out. I don’t like to think the worst of people, but what is being manipulated and why?
I don't think it is being manipulated. I think they are extremely understaffed for a pandemic. There are only 123 people in the entire ME dept in Oklahoma and not all of those people are qualified to certify COVID deaths. They most likely have about 50 people or so running all around the state doing post mortem exams to certify these deaths as COVID deaths and the avg Post Mortem exam takes 2 days for results to be delivered.

I bet those people are stretched beyond thin and they get things like holidays, weekends, and vacation like any other job.

State Health Commish is an O-State Alum too
1606939208495.png

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
@Rack My apologies if that came across as me insulting prayer as that isn't at all what I was doing. My comment was directed at our Governor who citizens have been pleading with to do something, ANYTHING and then when Covid is hitting us the hardest it ever has THIS is his response. We should all be praying. Praying that our leaders gain the wisdom to take the advice of our medical experts in making decisions to help curb this pandemic. By taking a "you do you" approach to this, he's ignoring tools God has given us to get through this thing...
citizens pleading for the Gov to do something? Heck the White House COVID task force that our VP heads up is pleading with state leaders to do something.