Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Flu season is upon us. 26 Oklahomans have been hospitalized so far. Need to either keep COVID in check or the Flu...luckily we have a vaccine for one....if Flu decides to have a big outbreak this year on top of COVID it will be a disaster. I would urge everyone to get or at least strongly consider getting the Flu shot this year

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I would not see this going over well in the US.

Melbourne, Australia, Ends Its 111-Day Lockdown

Melbourne, the second-most populous city in Australia, ended its 111-day lockdown on Wednesday.

The state of Victoria, where Melbourne is located, eased restrictions after recording zero new coronavirus cases on Monday — for the first time since June.

"Now is the time to open up," Daniel Andrews, the state's top official, said during a media briefing. "Now is the time to congratulate every single Victorian for staying the course."

The city of 5 million people will still limit residents to traveling within 25 kilometers (about 16 miles) of their homes. A border between regional Victoria and Melbourne will also remain.

But Melbourne residents can now leave their homes without permission. Shops, cafes, salons, restaurants, bars and places of worship can reopen — affecting 180,000 jobs, according to the state government.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/28/9287...melbourne-australia-ends-its-111-day-lockdown

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

Melbourne, the second-most populous city in Australia, ended its 111-day lockdown on Wednesday.

The state of Victoria, where Melbourne is located, eased restrictions after recording zero new coronavirus cases on Monday — for the first time since June.

"Now is the time to open up," Daniel Andrews, the state's top official, said during a media briefing. "Now is the time to congratulate every single Victorian for staying the course."

The city of 5 million people will still limit residents to traveling within 25 kilometers (about 16 miles) of their homes. A border between regional Victoria and Melbourne will also remain.

But Melbourne residents can now leave their homes without permission. Shops, cafes, salons, restaurants, bars and places of worship can reopen — affecting 180,000 jobs, according to the state government.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/28/9287...melbourne-australia-ends-its-111-day-lockdown
Taiwan measures wouldn't go over well here either. but it seems to be working for them

https://twitter.com/business/status/1321653002906882049

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Australia has gotten past their second wave. We've never gotten past our first.
1604000884607.png

1604000922071.png

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Australia has gotten past their second wave. We've never gotten past our first.
View attachment 86705
View attachment 86706
Great, but do you see US citizens putting up with a complete lockdown like Melbourne and once it's lifted being restricted to travelling only 16 miles from your house without prior gov't approval? I see riots if that was attempted here.