Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
What happened to if we just did like Europe......
Covid fatigue happens regardless of where you live.

I don't want to take anything away from the measures taken 6 months ago globally but maybe the answer is there isn't anything we can do. It's a novel virus and human nature makes it impossible for mitigation procedures to have a major impact for more than a few months.

That being said, don't knock what has been done so far. If we had said we are just going to deal with it months ago the lives lost would have been astronomical. At least now we have a better idea how to treat it.

Nov 6, 2010
Covid fatigue happens regardless of where you live.

I don't want to take anything away from the measures taken 6 months ago globally but maybe the answer is there isn't anything we can do. It's a novel virus and human nature makes it impossible for mitigation procedures to have a major impact for more than a few months.

That being said, don't knock what has been done so far. If we had said we are just going to deal with it months ago the lives lost would have been astronomical. At least now we have a better idea how to treat it.
I think if we've learned anything it's that free societies are just not going to be able to deal with pandemics. Unfortunately the authoritarian governments are better at something like this than us. Then only way to get on top of it is with draconian right off the bat. By the time we started taking it even halfway seriously, it was way too late. It is certainly too late now, it is everywhere and going to run it's course.

Oct 30, 2007
The trend we're seeing in Europe is disturbing. I hope their healthcare systems don't get overwhelmed. You have to wonder if they're headed for another lockdown.

1603677504588.png

1603677539110.png

1603677572650.png

1603677612571.png

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
The trend we're seeing in Europe is disturbing. I hope their healthcare systems don't get overwhelmed. You have to wonder if they're headed for another lockdown.

View attachment 86571

View attachment 86572

View attachment 86573

View attachment 86574

I doubt it.

I think we are beyond strong lockdowns. They served their purpose when we had no idea how this was spread and people didn't know how to social distance but I think we have the capability to do better now.

Maybe we see restrictions on bars and restaurants again but if they are trying to do their part that isn't totally necessary. I'm guessing it will be more about mask mandates

Oct 30, 2007
I doubt it.

I think we are beyond strong lockdowns. They served their purpose when we had no idea how this was spread and people didn't know how to social distance but I think we have the capability to do better now.

Maybe we see restrictions on bars and restaurants again but if they are trying to do their part that isn't totally necessary. I'm guessing it will be more about mask mandates
I hope you're right. We have a much better understanding of the virus and how to treat it now, but hospital capacities in Europe could become a significant issue if things keep trending in the wrong direction.