Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
when you have an ego like this....you can't see the reality
It depends on what is meant by lying. Is omission and/or intentionally placing things out of context lying? I would argue yes, some would argue no I suppose. I can’t agree with the notion that most doctors are lying. Every single doctor I’ve spoke to IRL has given me their honest appraisal and it matches with the common sense approach I’ve been practicing.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I think it was on a Rogan podcast where they said it's not the conditions in the processing plants which lead to the spikes in cases, it's the close living quarters and riding to and from work packed in one car which is causing the spread.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
7/10/20

596 new cases
6 new deaths (0 occurred within the past 24-hours) 6 - 65+
548 newly recovered
487 currently hospitalized
228 ICU beds available (22%)
4.609% positive test rate
7/13/20

510 new cases
2 new deaths (0 occurred within the past 24-hours) 6 - 65+
330 newly recovered
489 currently hospitalized
199 ICU beds available (21%)
4.609% positive test rate

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I will say that I don't have any first hand experience with Covid and I live in a very rural area of the country. For me, grasping all of the information from where I live is tough to do. My area went thru the spike with positive tests early on with the packing plants. The county I live in has had 32 positives and 0 deaths. I see all these numbers with death rates that are way higher than the seasonal flu. I went and looked at the counties affected in my area and for some strange reason the death rate is more closer to the seasonal flu.

Beaver County OK - 32 Positives/0 Deaths
Texas County OK - 1005 Positives/6 Deaths (packing plant)
Seward County KS - 1048 Positives/2 Deaths (packing plant)
Ford County KS - 2028 Positives/10 Deaths (packing plant)
Finney County KS - 1604 Positives/10 Deaths (packing plant)

Total - 5717 Positives/28 Deaths .49% Death Rate

My area has a .49% death rate compared to the national reported percentage of around 4% (usafacts.org).

I have been to all of these counties and the percentage of mask wearing is at best 20%. Our area became national news as big hotspots, but the deaths didn't follow so now we are no longer mentioned.

Any reason why my area hasn't seen anywhere close to the same death rate?
My brother lives in Seward County. He has the antibodies as do many in his large family. His wife and him both had bouts with the virus but were untested until he gave blood and had the antibodies, his pastor was one of the first two in town who actually tested positive back in late March. As far as lasting lung effects, he texted me that he swam 2 miles this am and is preparing for a cycling "race" in Colorado in the mountains in less than a month (he's 58). When the national guard started testing the packing plants their case numbers absolutely exploded, to the point that at the time they had more cases than Tulsa. National Beef is based in that town and I think the virus went through the entire town or a least the packing plant or close to it because they don't social distance or wear mask overall and did church normal after missing maybe one or two Sundays tops. It would be VERY interesting to learn who all has anti bodies in one of those small / very isolated packing plant panhandle towns. It's encouraging that they only have 2 deaths from a county of around 25,000 citizens, not to mention all the work permits Mexican national folks who work at the plant. I think what we see in those counties is more in tune with what the real death rate may end up being, but who knows we are still only about 1/2 through if we get a vaccine by January. Panhandle, I agree it seems to be overcompensation looking from the outside, but I don't want to get it and want to protect others, especially those in high risk groups, from getting it...The problem I have is overreaction of closing down travel and sporting events when we ought to be able to have them safely requiring mask...this is why I get upset that people won't do this one simple thing (i.e. wear a mask).

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Regarding the media...how
Many of you know that the percentage positive per test has gone down in Florida from 20% last week to around 12% now...compare that to how many of you know that Florida had the highest single day positive record test number (not rate) yesterday? This is my And many’s (including the POTUS) point regarding the media’s reporting of this pandemic. It’s highly skewed and it’s fairly undeniable that it is skewed to the extreme negitive to the point of being almost laughable if it wasn’t so sadly taken as fact by so many of our fellow citizens.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
CDC is urging anyone who went to a 4th of July party on Torch Lake in Michigan to get tested for COVID-19

Multiple people who attended the party have now tested positive and did not know all of the people they may have come into contact with.

Here is a pic from that party on the lake on July 4th

1594663272287.png

Mar 11, 2006
2nd largest public school in the US the LA Unified School District announces they will not be resuming in person classes.
Ugh.

NBC News had a story about reopening schools yesterday. They interviewed 5 doctors. All 5 doctors said schools should open and they have no reservations about sending their own children to schools. They said:
* School age children are not seriously affected
* School age children are only 2% of cases and with a near non-existent complication rate
* School age children appear not to transmit the virus like older people
* Teachers are much more at risk from other teachers than school age children

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Ugh.

NBC News had a story about reopening schools yesterday. They interviewed 5 doctors. All 5 doctors said schools should open and they have no reservations about sending their own children to schools. They said:
* School age children are only 2% of cases and with a near non-existent complication rate
I don't think this decision was about the kids. The teachers union announced that 83% of the teachers, bus drivers, support staff, admins, etc had concerns about their own health and lack of a plan to protect teachers and provide replacement staff consistently if teachers were sick

It is also being reported that up to 20% of teachers in Texas right now are looking at retiring, taking early retirement, OR quitting if the state mandates schools to restart next month.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Ugh.

But as we saw just last week. Outbreaks can occur in school age children when you put them together

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This is complete ignorance on the WH and Trump. If he lays out his own guidelines and schools reopen and ONE student, teacher, staff member, support staff etc dies....it will be blamed directly on Trump. He is inviting criticism and scrutiny.
Dear god, you can't be this stupid, right?

He eats & sh!ts scrutiny, every single minute of every single day by idiots like you. You think your point here means a f'n thing to him? Doesn't matter what he does to breathless, mindless twitter followers like yourself & we've seen it, time & again. Tell me again what mighty Twitter had to say about the Chinese travel ban.