Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
The fact that the reopen vs. cower in fear crowds are drawn largely on party lines should tell you all you need to know -- the left wants the economy to stay depressed through the November election.

While I’m sure there are a few liberals that want the economy to stay depressed through the November election. I’m equally sure about the same number of conservatives are pleased with how effective this virus has been at thinning the herd of blacks, browns, old, infirmed, fat, lazy worthless people you know! But I, unlike YOU don’t suggest that ALL conservatives possess such hatred for their fellow man, and probably wear masks in public.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
While I’m sure there are a few liberals that want the economy to stay depressed through the November election. I’m equally sure about the same number of conservatives are pleased with how effective this virus has been at thinning the herd of blacks, browns, old, infirmed, fat, lazy worthless people you know! But I, unlike YOU don’t suggest that ALL conservatives possess such hatred for their fellow man, and probably wear masks in public.
WTF? Why would you even say such hateful things?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
While I’m sure there are a few liberals that want the economy to stay depressed through the November election. I’m equally sure about the same number of conservatives are pleased with how effective this virus has been at thinning the herd of blacks, browns, old, infirmed, fat, lazy worthless people you know!
The characterizations probably go overboard except the last part about too many lazy worthless people. That part explains why conservatives don't want everybody to have any more nice things from the government, such as Medicare For All and Free College. Such people aren't worthy of it from being a drag on society.

Some liberals from their point of view surely want mask wear banned at the Republican National Convention.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Why would NotO suggest that all Democrats (cower in fear crowd) desire economic failure for the sake of an election?
The truth is that the governors who are doing the economic depressing are likely creating new voting blocks who don't espouse the shutdown. People are independent thinkers for the most part.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The fact that the reopen vs. cower in fear crowds are drawn largely on party lines should tell you all you need to know -- the left wants the economy to stay depressed through the November election.
I live in a small town in western Oklahoma with one "sit down" restaurant. The lady who owns it (very wealthy and does not need the money) is unable to reopen because none of her employees will return because they make more money on unemployment than they did working and she pays pretty good for being in the middle of BFO.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I live in a small town in western Oklahoma with one "sit down" restaurant. The lady who owns it (very wealthy and does not need the money) is unable to reopen because none of her employees will return because they make more money on unemployment than they did working and she pays pretty good for being in the middle of BFO.
I do think that money runs out after 18 weeks...right? At that point I would bet she opens back up...or sells to someone who will.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I don't get how this is a thing. I'm on furlough and unemployment right now with the understanding that once my work is ready to open back up I have to go back to work and I am then not eligible for unemployment anymore. I have to answer a series of questions every week when I file and one of those questions is "Did you refuse any work for the week of....." Then you have to check a box at the end that says "I certify that all answers are true under penalty of law." In what world did it become up to the individual when they feel like going back to work? I also want to add that I am in Oklahoma, filing for the same unemployment that these people are filing for.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yeah, come to think of it, Republicans would likely score more votes if none wore masks, while everybody wore masks at the Democrat convention.
The wearing of mask or not isn't based on ones politics in my experience...Most people will wear one when they are required too regardless of their politics...If it's not required or makes no sense (like on a hike in the wilderness) people won't wear them because they restrict your breathing. Making mask wearing political is kind of silly...shutting down business is another thing all together.