Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Just a complete f'n fraud.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...friend-Don-Lemon-crowded-WHCWs-pre-party.html

Dr. Anthony Fauci was spotted cozying up to CNN host Don Lennon at a White House Correspondents' Dinner pre-party after saying he would miss the main event citing an 'individual assessment of his personal risk.'

The snap was taken at the 27th Annual White House Correspondents' Weekend Garden Brunch Saturday, which TV and political figures such as CBS News presenter Gayle King, Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg and White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki also attended.
Lemon also shared a selfie featuring Fauci, Malone and himself at the same event on Instagram.
Fauci's attendance at the indoor-outdoor pre-party took many by surprise after the 81-year-old had informed ABC News, the news organization that invited him to the WHCD, he would not attend the 2,600-people event due to his own assessment of personal risk.
It comes as Fauci, famous for his flip-flops on COVID-19 guidelines, said last week America was 'out of the pandemic phase' before backtracking and adding his remarks were misconstrued and 'we certainly can't say the pandemic is over.'

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
@Rack I largely agree about the test to return, but it seems like COVID has broken you a bit, at least best I can tell from a message board. I know you aren't alone in that, though.
If by “broken me” you mean rocked my world? Yep quite a bit…but it also hit with a bunch of other mid life crisis stuff and health issues and a issue with a loved adult child and wanting escape those issues with my passion for travel. So I’d guess it was just another thing to be sad about…and want to escape from.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
If by “broken me” you mean rocked my world? Yep quite a bit…but it also hit with a bunch of other mid life crisis stuff and health issues and a issue with a loved adult child and wanting escape those issues with my passion for travel. So I’d guess it was just another thing to be sad about…and want to escape from.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to find your way through that tragedy and heartache. You've had a compassion towards others on here that was refreshing.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...friend-Don-Lemon-crowded-WHCWs-pre-party.html

Dr. Anthony Fauci was spotted cozying up to CNN host Don Lennon at a White House Correspondents' Dinner pre-party after saying he would miss the main event citing an 'individual assessment of his personal risk.'

The snap was taken at the 27th Annual White House Correspondents' Weekend Garden Brunch Saturday, which TV and political figures such as CBS News presenter Gayle King, Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg and White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki also attended.
Lemon also shared a selfie featuring Fauci, Malone and himself at the same event on Instagram.
Fauci's attendance at the indoor-outdoor pre-party took many by surprise after the 81-year-old had informed ABC News, the news organization that invited him to the WHCD, he would not attend the 2,600-people event due to his own assessment of personal risk.
It comes as Fauci, famous for his flip-flops on COVID-19 guidelines, said last week America was 'out of the pandemic phase' before backtracking and adding his remarks were misconstrued and 'we certainly can't say the pandemic is over.'
Why do people listen to him again?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

he attended the Pre-Party outdoor brunch and the post party outdoor celebration but didn't go to the indoor event and did not go to the main event.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

He is playing semantics. Did he attend the Correspondents dinner? No he didn't....did he do the pre and post parties...yes ..and then tries to claim they were safer because they were outside.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
he attended the Pre-Party outdoor brunch and the post party outdoor celebration but didn't go to the indoor event and did not go to the main event.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

He is playing semantics. Did he attend the Correspondents dinner? No he didn't....did he do the pre and post parties...yes ..and then tries to claim they were safer because they were outside.
He's a scientist and clearly not versed in PR, which is why he needed to shut up after he lied about percentage of vaccinated people needed to achieve herd immunity. When he admitted that he upped that percentage because of polling numbers, he lost alot of credibility.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I normally like your posts and appreciate your perspective, but come on man, people deal with their crap in different ways and I opened that conversation. I miss @Rack being more compassionate, but I also can try to empathize with where he's coming from.
Sorry. Wanting COVID restrictions to end so he can have an escape vacation just seemed to me to be especially whiney and selfish. I've been dealing with my own crap throughout the pandemic, as many of us have been.