Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
So is it from the AHA or not? Wasn't clear on that.
No. Researchers submit abstracts for conferences. Those abstracts have nothing to do with the organization's opinions. That goes through obscene review by advisory panels and leadership. An abstract *might* get reviewed by one person before someone presents it as a poster. For a poster presentation, imagine a 5th grade science fair but often more boring. That's what this was.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1468807089195790336?t=l731drJJwCannzd20HHJ5w&s=19
Maybe not prevent or treat, but there are studies showing it could help stop transmission. I'm sure that is where the mix-up is coming from.

A Rutgers study shows two types of mouthwash disrupt SARS-CoV-2 in laboratory

COVID-19 and Mouthwash

Could certain mouthwashes reduce transmissibility of COVID-19?

One study assessed the effect of the mouthwash on MERS-CoV and the other on both MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV. In both studies, following 15 seconds of exposure to the mouthwash, a reduction in viral load of >99.99% was seen.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Maybe not prevent or treat, but there are studies showing it could help stop transmission. I'm sure that is where the mix-up is coming from.

A Rutgers study shows two types of mouthwash disrupt SARS-CoV-2 in laboratory

COVID-19 and Mouthwash

Could certain mouthwashes reduce transmissibility of COVID-19?

One study assessed the effect of the mouthwash on MERS-CoV and the other on both MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV. In both studies, following 15 seconds of exposure to the mouthwash, a reduction in viral load of >99.99% was seen.
yeah, this is where it went off rails. No mouthwash will not reduce viral replication.

"If you get it, you may reduce viral replication. Why not try all these things?"

This is what those studies have shown
Past studies have shown that mouthwash can reduce coronavirus in laboratory settings. But those studies haven't tested mouthwash on the COVID-19 coronavirus, nor have they used human test subjects in real-world settings.
Researchers have said that mouthwashes can reduce the amount of coronavirus inside of a person's mouth, helping reduce possible transmission to others.
However, mouthwashes don't effectively treat or prevent COVID-19, nor are they a replacement for face masks or social distancing, according to laboratory studies cited by the wellness website Healthline.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1470479888251510786
I don't understand how this would even happen. The state can't stop me from working with public data and the university doesn't approve anything that I submit for peer reviewed publication. Is this that the university has its own data and administration wanted it periodically destroyed? As someone deeply involved in health research, I am very confused.