Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Aaron Rogers is back after COVID-19 but he was reported as having issues with turf toe upon his return

It is actually COVID Toe...and it is not known how long it may affect him and his play

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1462387735713488897?t=H95297B0P-mvZDZxjLugzg&s=19

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
This has to be one of the strangest disease ever. It seems as though there is no rhyme or reason for getting a common symptom, a rare symptom, or you might not get any symptoms at all.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Seasonality?? Cases on the rise again across the US and Northern hemisphere European countries

Everything else has been nonexistent. Contact tracing. Quarantining while positive. Nobody does that anymore. Not to mention distancing and masks. Everything is worse except for the vaccine. It’s failing. At least in the hot and cold when we are forced in doors we should take every precaution

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Everything else has been nonexistent. Contact tracing. Quarantining while positive. Nobody does that anymore. Not to mention distancing and masks. Everything is worse except for the vaccine. It’s failing. At least in the hot and cold when we are forced in doors we should take every precaution
To me, it simply reflects COVID-19 more than ever before is still reputed to be a mild and brief illness for most people in good health. When I go out to shows, bars and stores only a very few people wear masks. While many are, I doubt enough older people are taking the virus seriously enough.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
The covid vaccine requirement for workers should be overturned. If I'm right, Stillwater Hospital still requires everybody entering to have a mask on and get temp taken. That should be enough precautions to take.

That is sure no way to treat a R.N. with 25 years on the job. Does the hospital require workers to get a flu shot every year?

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
The covid vaccine requirement for workers should be overturned. If I'm right, Stillwater Hospital still requires everybody entering to have a mask on and get temp taken. That should be enough precautions to take.

That is sure no way to treat a R.N. with 25 years on the job. Did the hospital require workers to get a flu shot every year?
It's just as much about healthcare workers not spreading it, if not more. It's why this mandate is completely separate from the other one. You really want an unvaccinated nurse working on a cancer floor or ICU? Vaccine mandates are insanely common for healthcare workers and it's for this reason. I'm not a fan of the OSHA mandate, but this is different. They are working with and around extremely vulnerable people.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This has to be one of the strangest disease ever. It seems as though there is no rhyme or reason for getting a common symptom, a rare symptom, or you might not get any symptoms at all.
I still think that blood type still has something to do with it. It's just too coincidental that all the O types I know or have met, have only had mild cases or no symptoms at all even when being exposed to someone really sick.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
It's just as much about healthcare workers not spreading it, if not more. It's why this mandate is completely separate from the other one. You really want an unvaccinated nurse working on a cancer floor or ICU? Vaccine mandates are insanely common for healthcare workers and it's for this reason. I'm not a fan of the OSHA mandate, but this is different. They are working with and around extremely vulnerable people.
Stillwater Hospital was said to have lost 40 nurses burnt out from last winter's onslaught of covid patients. Why support circumstances that lead to a further shortage of nurses? Do masks that medical workers have to wear work or not?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Stillwater Hospital was said to have lost 40 nurses burnt out from last winter's onslaught of covid patients. Why support circumstances that lead to a further shortage of nurses? Do masks that medical workers have to wear work or not?
You realize some of those healthcare workers who quit from burnout were burnt out because their patients, patients' families, and apparently a good chunk of their colleagues, wouldn't take the simple step of getting vaccinated to reduce serious consequences and reduce spread? From a lot of their perspectives, it's nonstop death and horror, which makes it even more frustrating when people won't do the little things, like getting vaccinated.

@steross may have taken a break from this thread, but I believe he's said similar things and can correct me if I've said anything wrong, since this is exactly what he does.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And now enter the new African variant which could be vaccine resistant.
Nu and omicron, but I saw a vaccine researcher say that since Delta has dropped to near nothing in South Africa, and since they are only 24% vaccinated, that it was too soon to determine how virulent or severe Nu is and how much affect the vaccines will have on it. Omicron is newer so even less info he said.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk