Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 9, 2013
I don’t think your attempt at 1+1 equals 2 here.
Being vaccinated and even being very pro-vaccine does not preclude someone from being strongly anti-mandate. I think you are allowing your distaste for Tucker and Hannity to overshadow your thinking.

Now if you want to argue/debate that Tucker and Hannity say things that they know might not be true just to appease their listeners then I whole-heartedly agree. That is a huge negative of cable news networks. Their opinion anchors reinforce mistruths that their listeners believe.
Let’s put aside the fact they are vaccinated and even the idea someone is pro vaccine.

Let’s just look at them being anti-mandate. They go on every night and rail against the mandate. They align themselves w the anti mandate crowd. One would say they are anti mandate.

Now they are participating and profiting from an event that is under a mandate requirement. It has nothing to do w them being vaccinated. They are telling their sheep one thing “Mandates are bad.” They are making $ at an event that is even more strict than the Fed mandate.

Dec 9, 2013
You’re obviously cherry picking some situations to fit your narrative. The national percentage has only increased 5% and we aren’t even to 60%. The number of shots given daily was higher before Biden announced it back in September. If he would have just kept his mouth shut we would probably be higher than 59% right now.
I showed examples covering different industries covering 100’s of 1,000’s of employees spread over the entire US where mandates have shown a tremendous impact.

You claim something as probable where we have no way of knowing if it’s even remotely a possibility.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Let's just say that I'm glad my company doesn't have close to 100 employees. We have a couple partners who are not vaccinated which is their choice and are in the process of hiring a pregnant woman who was worried that we would require vaccination, which we obviously don't. Whatever her reasoning is is not my concern and we wouldn't be able to hire her with a mandate. I am vaccinated but don't feel that I should have to make these others get the shot even if I think it is the right thing to do.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
Let's just say that I'm glad my company doesn't have close to 100 employees. We have a couple partners who are not vaccinated which is their choice and are in the process of hiring a pregnant woman who was worried that we would require vaccination, which we obviously don't. Whatever her reasoning is is not my concern and we wouldn't be able to hire her with a mandate. I am vaccinated but don't feel that I should have to make these others get the shot even if I think it is the right thing to do.
Nazi

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Can you get Moderna booster if you had Pfizer for 1st and 2nd shots and vice versa? sorry if this has been covered/answered before on this thread...don't wanna search for it...thanks.

Jun 14, 2011
Can you get Moderna booster if you had Pfizer for 1st and 2nd shots and vice versa? sorry if this has been covered/answered before on this thread...don't wanna search for it...thanks.
Yes, and moreover, if you had Pfizer for round 1 and 2 getting Moderna as your booster is recommend by a pharmacist I know.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I don't know what your company does but I would be concerned with the frank inability to analyze and make the correct conclusion based on very clear data for people that are choosing not to vaccinate if I were hiring.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I don't know what your company does but I would be concerned with the frank inability to analyze and make the correct conclusion based on very clear data for people that are choosing not to vaccinate if I were hiring.
We're a small consulting engineering firm. We all have separate offices and plenty of space. It is very difficult to find qualified engineers in our niche market, so you don't want to turn anyone away. We have only had three employees test positive over the 2 years and zero transmission in the office space.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
You have to approve it to find out what's in it, remember. ;)
It's a little misleading. The group wants more than 300k pages of documents and the FDA has to go over each one at a time. The FDA proposed releasing 500 per month, which is a pretty significant amount given their resources to manage a task like this. That's nowhere near as unreasonable as the headline makes it seem. Shocking I'm sure....