Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Read something yesterday about a ton of Covid tests being recalled for false positives? Maybe you had one of those?
My wife took a home test this weekend and it was negative. Symptoms seemed COVID-like so went to get a PCR test and she’s positive. Several people around us have been testing positive lately which is interesting considering state cases are low and, to our knowledge, very few people around us have caught it in the nearly two years. And yes, we’re fully vaxed.

Dec 9, 2013
What are the odds the mandate was delayed until January hoping it would be struck down by the Supreme Court? Biden is already polling in the toilet and there is a group of people out there who could bring this country to its knees if they want to. That is the truck drivers. If they don’t want to get the shot they won’t and everyone of us will suffer big time. Are any of you in a business that’s trying to hire drivers right now? I’ve seen a lot of ads starting at a $75,000 salary. That’s way above minimum wage for only a few weeks training.

Hope it gets struck down then turn around and fundraise off of the “right wing Supreme Court.” Not suffer the consequences of truck drivers being fired. It’s an ultimate win win for Biden.
Apparently FoxNews is hosting some sort of awards show later in November. Looks like Tucker, Ingram, Hanity, Bongino and the morning hosts will all be there.

They have a vaccine mandate to attend (which is to be applauded). You have to begin to ask yourself what these fear and conspiracy mongers are motivated by when they continue to push lies straight to their viewers/listeners. I mean that’s some cowardly and evil bs to push what those people do every day and then turn around and participate (and probably secretly advocate).

But again Fox got the mandate right. Because at the end of the day mandates work and for anyone to claim/give religious exemption when they are vaccinated or the recipient participates in other vaccines is simply a false teacher.

Apparently FoxNews is hosting some sort of awards show later in November. Looks like Tucker, Ingram, Hanity, Bongino and the morning hosts will all be there.

They have a vaccine mandate to attend (which is to be applauded). You have to begin to ask yourself what these fear and conspiracy mongers are motivated by when they continue to push lies straight to their viewers/listeners. I mean that’s some cowardly and evil bs to push what those people do every day and then turn around and participate (and probably secretly advocate).

But again Fox got the mandate right. Because at the end of the day mandates work and for anyone to claim/give religious exemption when they are vaccinated or the recipient participates in other vaccines is simply a false teacher.
So why keep delaying the mandate? Jan 4 is 4 months after it was announced.

Somebody in the administration is smart enough to see popularity is in the absolute toilet and realize enacting the mandate before the holidays would be a disaster. Members of the media and politicians do not drive this country. Truck drivers, dock workers, warehouse workers, agriculture, first responders, aviation, energy sector, construction, etc all drive it. They have the absolute power to bring this country to its knees.

There is a major shortage of workers today and forcing people to get a shot is only going to make it worse. For example Tucson fire department is running media about how short they are for fireman. Ten years ago a department like that would have 10-20 applicants for every open position. Maybe more.

I’m betting the religious exemption did not come about on accident. Just like tax legislation there is no such thing as “unintended consequences.” If a company is granting exemptions for one religion and not the other hello to the lawsuits. The easiest thing to do for this whole situation is to grant them all. No lawsuits and no people to replace. It’s a win win.

There was a time in this country when the “working man” was championed as the backbone of the country. We need to bring back those days.

Mar 11, 2006

* I am 100% behind the vaccine.
* If multiple boosters are needed, I will personally sign-up every time.
* I am 100% behind the right of private organizations to require vaccines for their employees.

That said, I also understand other people have different views on being forced to take a jab and I respect those opposing views even if I strongly disagree. Some people are against vaccine mandates. There is nothing cowardly or evil about that.

Dec 9, 2013
* I am 100% behind the vaccine.
* If multiple boosters are needed, I will personally sign-up every time.
* I am 100% behind the right of private organizations to require vaccines for their employees.

That said, I also understand other people have different views on being forced to take a jab and I respect those opposing views even if I strongly disagree. Some people are against vaccine mandates. There is nothing cowardly or evil about that.
Taking a vaccine and participating in an event by your employer that imposes a mandate all the while spewing ignorance and ginning up anger and hatred is the very embodiment of cowardice and evil.

If you don’t believe in mandates don’t take money or promote events from people who do. It goes to the very heart of why these cowards do what they do. They don’t care about America or their viewers/listeners. They care about how rich they can make themselves at the expense of others.
I also can see where people who have consistently remain unvaccinated against everything and who don’t vaccinate their kids can say no to a CoVid vaccine. I don’t get it but I can respect they are consistent. But to say you are against mandates all the while you get vaccinated or vaccinate your kids against everything else is something else. This also applies to churches and leaders who go/send people on mission trips where vaccines and antivirals are mandated yet they are the first in line to want a religious exemption for this. Why is that?

Last edited:
Here is a couple scenarios I have personal experince with. OSU is requiring their graduate students to get the shot. It used to be a waiting line for those jobs now they can barely fill them. Those kids are essential to a land grant university like OSU. They are doing the field work the professors do not have time to do. If they don’t want the shot they can walk and find another job. I know several of them and they will absolutely walk off the job. Now there is a vacancy with an even smaller list of people available to fill it.

Where I work we are under the 100 people full time. We employ quite a few part time college kids in the summer. We only need them those few months. If they are counted in our head count half of our full time people will walk. We’ve already done the internal polling. Only option we’ll be left with is the religious exemptions or lose half of the workforce that again will have to be filled with a smaller labor pool. This whole thing is nothing but a mess.

Mar 11, 2006
Taking a vaccine and participating in an event by your employer that imposes a mandate all the while spewing ignorance and ginning up anger and hatred is the very embodiment of cowardice and evil.

If you don’t believe in mandates don’t take money or promote events from people who do. It goes to the very heart of why these cowards do what they do. They don’t care about America or their viewers/listeners. They care about how rich they can make themselves at the expense of others.
I also can see where people who have consistently remain unvaccinated against everything and who don’t vaccinate their kids can say no to a CoVid vaccine. I don’t get it but I can respect they are consistent. But to say you are against mandates all the while you get vaccinated or vaccinate your kids against everything else is something else. This also applies to churches and leaders who go/send people on mission trips where vaccines and antivirals are mandated yet they are the first in line to want a religious exemption for this. Why is that?
If I am understanding your point, you are saying people are cowardly and evil for being anti mandate, but they personally took the vaccine?

I don’t think that has to go hand in hand. It seem reasonable to me for someone to get the vaccine, but strongly disagree that a government should require a vaccine.

Employers could face $1 million in damages if mandated medications cause harm

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) - Sen. Rob Standridge has filed Senate Bill 1106, the “Citizen Health Mandate Protection Act,” aimed at both public and private entities and individuals that require vaccines or other medical treatments as a condition of employment.

Those employers could be liable for $1 million in punitive damages if something goes wrong with that medication or treatment.

“Many Oklahomans may not know that COVID-19 vaccines have already been given liability protection from the federal government,” Standridge said. “If an employee is required to receive the vaccine or some other medical treatment as a condition of employment and it causes that person harm, our citizens need to know they’ll have some recourse that will provide them with meaningful relief. That’s what my legislation will do.”

RELATED | OSDH still not meeting variant testing expectations, unable to explain why
Under SB 1106, an employee can bring a claim against an employer in court for actual and punitive damages for injuries or illness caused by a vaccination or medical treatment program required as a condition of employment. If the employer knowingly required the vaccination or treatment without confirming its safety, the employer will automatically be subject to $1 million in punitive damages.

Standridge’s legislation will be considered in February.

Nov 23, 2010
So why keep delaying the mandate? Jan 4 is 4 months after it was announced.

Somebody in the administration is smart enough to see popularity is in the absolute toilet and realize enacting the mandate before the holidays would be a disaster. Members of the media and politicians do not drive this country. Truck drivers, dock workers, warehouse workers, agriculture, first responders, aviation, energy sector, construction, etc all drive it. They have the absolute power to bring this country to its knees.
It took a long time to write the rule because it seems questionable it will hold up in court. They wanted to be sure they got the best wording they could.

It was announced on 11/4 with compliance required by 1/4. That's 61 days. It takes 42 days to be considered fully vaccinated with Moderna. So it was giving employees two weeks to schedule and take their first dose should they choose Moderna.

It took a long time to write the rule because it seems questionable it will hold up in court. They wanted to be sure they got the best wording they could.

It was announced on 11/4 with compliance required by 1/4. That's 61 days. It takes 42 days to be considered fully vaccinated with Moderna. So it was giving employees two weeks to schedule and take their first dose should they choose Moderna.
No it was announced on 9/9. It really takes two months to write it?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

No it was announced on 9/9. It really takes two months to write it?
Have you ever written federal regulations?

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Dec 9, 2013
If I am understanding your point, you are saying people are cowardly and evil for being anti mandate, but they personally took the vaccine?

I don’t think that has to go hand in hand. It seem reasonable to me for someone to get the vaccine, but strongly disagree that a government should require a vaccine.
I’m saying it is cowardly to go on TV night after night and espouse anti-mandate or anti-passport propaganda while you are appearing at an event by your employer for which you are likely paid and the event is covered by the exact thing you night after night rail against.

I think you can be vaccinated and anti mandate if you are consistent w all vaccines and all mandates.

You either have integrity or you don’t.

Appearing at an event covered by the very thing they have been railing against is a complete lack of balls. If they were really anti mandate they would simply say no thanks I will not be attending bc you are promoting a mandate which I am strongly against.

The evil part comes from the fact these multi millionaires are making even more money off anti vaccine and anti mandate rhetoric when most their listeners don’t think for themselves and take what they say as gospel.

I’m saying it is cowardly to go on TV night after night and espouse anti-mandate or anti-passport propaganda while you are appearing at an event by your employer for which you are likely paid and the event is covered by the exact thing you night after night rail against.

I think you can be vaccinated and anti mandate if you are consistent w all vaccines and all mandates.

Appearing at an event covered by the very thing they have been railing against is a complete lack of balls. If they were really anti mandate they would simply say no thanks I will not be attending bc you are promoting a mandate which I am strongly against.

The evil part comes from the fact these multi millionaires are making even more money off anti vaccine and anti mandate rhetoric when most their listeners don’t think for themselves and take what they say as gospel.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say nobody on this board works for Fox. If you’re wanting answers to your questions this is probably not the best place to get them.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

I’m going to go out on a limb and say nobody on this board works for Fox. If you’re wanting answers to your questions this is probably not the best place to get them.
What a cop out.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Dec 9, 2013
I’m not looking for answers on this. It’s clear. Vaccines work. Mandates work. That’s why Fox enforces them. That’s why Tucker, Hannity, Ingram and Bongino have been vaccinated and that’s why they are going to this event. They have zero integrity and make huge amounts of $ off the dumbasses that listen to them.

I’m not looking for answers on this. It’s clear. Vaccines work. Mandates work. That’s why Fox enforces them. That’s why Tucker, Hannity, Ingram and Bongino have been vaccinated and that’s why they are going to this event. They have zero integrity and make huge amounts of $ off the dumbasses that listen to them.
You keep saying mandates work where is your proof of that? Since September when Biden first announced it we have gone from 54% to 59% vaccinated. We had more doses per day administered before he made the announcement.

Dec 9, 2013
You keep saying mandates work where is your proof of that? Since September when Biden first announced it we have gone from 54% to 59% vaccinated. We had more doses per day administered before he made the announcement.
Just a sample but this is from my Nov 1st post.

Pay particular attention to Tyson’s mandate. They had already seen plants shut down due to CoVid. They looked at science. Looked at their bottom line and said “We know how to protect our workers and $. Roll your sleeves up.”

Vaccine mandates are working.

New York City’s requirement that all public school educators be vaccinated compelled more than 15,000 teachers to get their 1st shot pushing vaccination rates of above 95%,

In California, managed care company Kaiser Permanente, which employs over 300,000 people, said its employee vaccination rate spiked from about 78% to 97% after the state declared healthcare workers needed to get vaccinated or submit to twice-weekly Covid-19 testing.

After New York’s vaccination mandate for hospital and nursing home workers went into full effect they saw a 10% increase in the vaccination rate among those workers to 92% in the span of just a week.

The vaccination rate for employees at the Mohawk Valley Health System in upstate New York soared from 70% over the summer to 95.6% by late September, and St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx reported a similar 17-point spike.

United Airlines announced that 99.5% of its workforce is inoculated.

In the two weeks following Delta Air Lines’ announcement of a $200 monthly health insurance surcharge for unvaccinated employees, roughly 16,000, or 20%, of the company’s unvaccinated employees got their first shot.

When Tyson Foods announced a mandate August 3, less than 50% of its workforce had been vaccinated; the share has since climbed above 90%.

Since Biden’s announcement fully vaccinated population has risen 14% over a 25% increase.

Also NYC saw an 11th hour rush to vaccinate bc of mandates. The vaccination rate for city's workforce of 378,000 employees, including teachers, corrections officers and other city workers who faced previous orders, rose to at least 91% over the weekend from 86%.

Last edited:
Just a sample but this is from my Nov 1st post.

Pay particular attention to Tyson’s mandate. They had already seen plants shut down due to CoVid. They looked at science. Looked at their bottom line and said “We know how to protect our workers and $. Roll your sleeves up.”

Vaccine mandates are working.

New York City’s requirement that all public school educators be vaccinated compelled more than 15,000 teachers to get their 1st shot pushing vaccination rates of above 95%,

In California, managed care company Kaiser Permanente, which employs over 300,000 people, said its employee vaccination rate spiked from about 78% to 97% after the state declared healthcare workers needed to get vaccinated or submit to twice-weekly Covid-19 testing.

After New York’s vaccination mandate for hospital and nursing home workers went into full effect they saw a 10% increase in the vaccination rate among those workers to 92% in the span of just a week.

The vaccination rate for employees at the Mohawk Valley Health System in upstate New York soared from 70% over the summer to 95.6% by late September, and St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx reported a similar 17-point spike.

United Airlines announced that 99.5% of its workforce is inoculated.

In the two weeks following Delta Air Lines’ announcement of a $200 monthly health insurance surcharge for unvaccinated employees, roughly 16,000, or 20%, of the company’s unvaccinated employees got their first shot.

When Tyson Foods announced a mandate August 3, less than 50% of its workforce had been vaccinated; the share has since climbed above 90%.

Since Biden’s announcement fully vaccinated population has risen 14% over a 25% increase.

Also NYC saw an 11th hour rush to vaccinate bc of mandates. The vaccination rate for city's workforce of 378,000 employees, including teachers, corrections officers and other city workers who faced previous orders, rose to at least 91% over the weekend from 86%.
You’re obviously cherry picking some situations to fit your narrative. The national percentage has only increased 5% and we aren’t even to 60%. The number of shots given daily was higher before Biden announced it back in September. If he would have just kept his mouth shut we would probably be higher than 59% right now.

Mar 11, 2006
I don’t think your attempt at 1+1 equals 2 here.
Being vaccinated and even being very pro-vaccine does not preclude someone from being strongly anti-mandate. I think you are allowing your distaste for Tucker and Hannity to overshadow your thinking.

Now if you want to argue/debate that Tucker and Hannity say things that they know might not be true just to appease their listeners then I whole-heartedly agree. That is a huge negative of cable news networks. Their opinion anchors reinforce mistruths that their listeners believe.