Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
CVS didn't ask when I received my flu shot. It just so happens that I got my booster two weeks to the day of my flu shot.

My wife got her Pfizer booster and flu shot on the same day (same visit) at Walgreens in late Sept.
Did you just walk into a CVS and get the moderna booster, or did you make an appointment?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
Did you just walk into a CVS and get the moderna booster, or did you make an apointment?
Appointment that I made two days prior. However they were taking walkins.
On their appointment page it showed which CVS stores had Moderna and which only had Pfizer. For some reason, I have three CVS stores within 2 miles of my house.

Jun 14, 2011
Any word on a recommended spacing of the booster with a flu vaccine?
Since everyone reacts differently, it would be advisable to space them out by a week or so. That said, there are no specific instructions that prevent anyone from going back to back in the same day or a few days. At least this is what I was told. Source, I sleep next to someone that works in that world.

Sep 12, 2008
OSU Vaccine Mandate...

Cowboy family,

I am pleased with how well our campus has worked together this fall to keep our campus community safe. According to our dashboard, more than 17,000 students and employees have been vaccinated against COVID-19, which science has proven is our best defense against the virus. In light of new federal mandates, now we need your help to do even more to keep our campus safe.

On Sept. 9, President Biden issued an Executive Order requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all federal employees, contractors and others. Oklahoma State University has numerous federal contracts that exceed $90 million in fiscal year 2021 alone, making our university subject to this new federal contractor mandate. The vaccine mandate applies to those who work on covered federal contracts (even working remotely), those who work in connection with covered federal contracts and those who work at the same location as employees who work on covered federal contracts or in connection with covered federal contracts. The mandate also applies in all locations in which covered federal employees work.

With this in mind, all OSU employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than Dec. 8, 2021, unless the employee is legally entitled to an accommodation due to a medical or religious exemption. The guidance does not include testing as an alternative to the vaccine requirement. Employees who have had a prior COVID-19 infection are also required by the Executive Order to be vaccinated. Religious and medical accommodation requests may be found at the Employee Vaccine Portal, which has been set up specific to this new federal mandate.

How the Mandate Applies

The vaccine mandate will apply to all OSU employees, including full-time and part-time faculty and staff. Currently the mandate applies to Stillwater, OSU-Tulsa, and Center for Health Sciences locations as well as OSU Extension. All OSU Extension and OSU Ag Research personnel statewide are considered OSU-Stillwater employees.

The mandate also applies to graduate and undergraduate students employed by the university, as well as all students supported on graduate assistantships. This mandate also applies to student employees on campus, but at this time the executive order does not apply to our general student population. The mandate does not apply to employees who perform work exclusively outside the United States.

Vaccination Mandate Timeline

If you are not yet vaccinated, we strongly urge you to start the process immediately. Individuals are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, which require three weeks or four weeks between doses, respectively.

Employees must have received their final vaccination shot by Nov. 24 in order to meet the Dec. 8 deadline.

For your convenience, University Health Services on the Stillwater campus is providing both the Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. In Tulsa, Employee Health will be scheduling vaccine appointments (Moderna and Johnson & Johnson). A number of local pharmacies offer the vaccine as well.

Showing Proof of Vaccination

Employees who received their vaccination from University Health Services, may provide consent in the Employee Vaccine Portal to securely authorize the submission of your vaccination records to OSU Human Resources. Employees vaccinated outside of UHS may upload their proof of vaccination through the Employee Vaccine Portal.

Most of your questions are addressed in our frequently asked questions, and we will continue to update these with additional information regarding the logistics of implementing this mandate.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
This is blackmail.
You think the federal government should just hand out money to private institutions without being able to dictate the terms?

Think about how much the "freedom" to be unvaccinated has cost the federal government. No entity should cover costs like that caused by others when it could prevent it with simple measures.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Federal government using its leverage to force vaccine mandates at Universities, if you want federal money then you have to have mandates.

University of Tulsa announced today..

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/u...cle_2b10fbfc-3751-11ec-aa1b-6f2f22ccabaf.html

Coming soon to OSU and OU..
This is blackmail.
Federal money always comes with strings attached. This is just another one. If you don't want the mandate then don't take the money.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
You think the federal government should just hand out money to private institutions without being able to dictate the terms?

Think about how much the "freedom" to be unvaccinated has cost the federal government. No entity should cover costs like that caused by others when it could prevent it with simple measures.
Seems like they should also force individuals that receive any federal funds to vax also. Essentially the entire country receives federal benefits in one way or the other. Child tax credits, stimulus checks, food stamps--why only mandate for working people? I am not anti-vax--I had my booster a couple of weeks ago. I am anti-mandate. This sets a precedent that the federal government can force just about anyone to do whatever they want for any purpose.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Seems like they should also force individuals that receive any federal funds to vax also. Essentially the entire country receives federal benefits in one way or the other. Child tax credits, stimulus checks, food stamps--why only mandate for working people? I am not anti-vax--I had my booster a couple of weeks ago. I am anti-mandate. This sets a precedent that the federal government can force just about anyone to do whatever they want for any purpose.
It’s almost as if they are running an experiment to see how much freedom we are willing to give up before telling them to go pound sand. This mandate is not law. It’s an executive order and it’s total horse crap. It’s not about stopping Covid. If they were serious about Covid they would have done something at the border months ago. We better wake up.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I agree completely that anyone receiving benefits like that should also be vaccinated and/or be taxed to recover the cost to the rest of us taxpayers for the massive expense and harm to our society that has been caused.

This isn't a precedent. When has the government not been able to force anyone to do whatever they want?
Government in our history has:
-mandated vaccines since 1905 SCOTUS decision
-forced people to go get killed in a war whether they were for the war or not
-confiscated all of the gold in the country
-interned people due to their race
-experimented on people against their will
and so on and so on. And, yet, so many people look back at the times when those things occurs as when we were "free' compared to now. Government has always done some dumb stuff (like some of the above) yet other than slavery I really don't remember a time when the government left us free to make choices that were widely harmful to the rest of society.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It’s almost as if they are running an experiment to see how much freedom we are willing to give up before telling them to go pound sand. This mandate is not law. It’s an executive order and it’s total horse crap. It’s not about stopping Covid. If they were serious about Covid they would have done something at the border months ago. We better wake up.
The 100 worker mandate isn't even an OSHA guideline yet, but companies are already using it as justification.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Oklahoma state rep accuses Biden Admin of colluding with the FDA and CDC over child vaccines

https://kfor.com/news/local/oklahom...ating-children-doctor-contradicts-his-claims/
This is stupid on so many levels.

His main stance is against the “Biden push to vaccinate children against COVID-19.” He discussed the administration’s plans to ensure places were ready to administer the shot to children if approved.
We’re down to accusing the government of colluding with…itself.