Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
But it happens. Whether it's parents concerned about their kid's education or parents concerned about their kid's health, they're publicly labeled and shamed with just that. For crying out loud, within two posts you were able to drum up the labels "ignorant", "stupid", and '"selfish".
No, that is not why they are publically labeled and shamed.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

Covid vaccination is safer than covid in all age groups in which it has been recommended. It is not a "claim" by me it is a statement of fact based on current medical evidence.

And, as far as "not trusting medical experts who have been lying" you instead trust non-experts off the internet who have been proven to have lied about hydroxychloroquine, and most likely will be proven to have lied about ivermectin, and lied about mask, and lied about the risk to people under 65 and so no and so on.

But, sure, that isn't ignorant at all.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
1. To halt mutation of the virus. Every person who gets infected represents an opportunity for mutation. This includes children. We aren't going to halt mutation.

2. Children are actually getting sick from the delta variant. MIS-C is potentially deadly. Very small incidence.

3. We don't know the long term effects of infection in children. We also don't know the long term effects of the vaccine.

4. The clinical trials in children have gone on for than a year. To date the vaccines are far safer than infection. Far safer? Pure speculation.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
Hardly "damn good" reasons.
1. How would you know about the effects of herd immunity on mutation of this virus? Where do you come by this expertise? Utter nonsense.

2. A very small incidence now can become a much larger incidence with future variants. This is a serious, preventable complication and you are arguing for not preventing it.

3. The vaccines have been studied in clinical trials. We know more about the long-term effects of the vaccines than we do of the infection, and we know it with greater certainty.

4. No. It isn't pure speculation. It is what the data shows.

You are spouting political nonsense.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Covid vaccination is safer than covid in all age groups in which it has been recommended. It is not a "claim" by me it is a statement of fact based on current medical evidence.

And, as far as "not trusting medical experts who have been lying" you instead trust non-experts off the internet who have been proven to have lied about hydroxychloroquine, and most likely will be proven to have lied about ivermectin, and lied about mask, and lied about the risk to people under 65 and so no and so on.

Kind of tough to make the claim that it's "safer" when it hasn't been made available for use in children. Safer for children why, because "expert scientists" conclude it hasn't been killing adults so it must be okay for the kids?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

Kind of tough to make the claim that it's "safer" when it hasn't been made available for use in children. Safer for children why, because "expert scientists" conclude it hasn't been killing adults so it must be okay for the kids?
In order for it to be approved for children there has to be randomized clinical trials in children. So, what steross is saying is exactly correct.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Yea, true. I mean, they just up and decided to approve it for kids with no data at all. Some poor kid somewhere is probably unknowingly going to be the very first kid that the vaccine has ever been given to. Hopefully, his or her head doesn't just explode being that it hasn't even been made available in children at all according to you and wherever you get your astute information on the subject.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Yea, true. I mean, they just up and decided to approve it for kids with no data at all. Some poor kid somewhere is probably unknowingly going to be the very first kid that the vaccine has ever been given to. Hopefully, his or her head doesn't just explode being that it hasn't even been made available in children at all according to you and wherever you get your astute information on the subject.
So tell me Dr. Know-it-All, exactly what was the vaccine test population on children?

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
I’m a no on getting my kids vaccinated, not enough upside when we don’t know the long term effects. Disclaimer: I am pro vaccine, and my kids are up to date on vaccination and get the flu shot every year.
this exact same argument could be used about Covid. We are still learning about long term effects.

Can't wait for latent illnesses like covid-shingles.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
So tell me Dr. Know-it-All, exactly what was the vaccine test population on children?
There are currently 167 clinical trials that have either completed or are currently enrolling children. This represents tens of thousands.

The FDA will not grant authorization for use of any drug in a population that hasn't been studied.

Your comments are just plain ignorant.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Only if you can honestly say that when I present data that you would actually consider changing your mind. The problem wth this place is people believe what they believe and come here to find others to confirm their beliefs. So, we have these little like and winner buttons and pretty much what one says gets liked by someone if it is a strong opinion. So, it really doesn't matter if I present real data which is what my profession does because you, and the others like you, are going to be out to not to believe the data but to react to it in some way to confirm your beliefs that are contrary to the data. There are a few, and very few, here that actually seem to respond to data. Most are here for confirmation. Sorry, it appears you are here for confirmation as your "Dr Know-it-all comment shows. I'm not a know it all. If we are talking about engineering bridges with engineers I would not be so arrogant as to call them a "know-it-all" if I thought differently about the amount of rebar required in a span because I have no real training to understand it at the level they do. Contrary to your attempted insult, I am not a know-it-all. Medicine I know as that is my career.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Only if you can honestly say that when I present data that you would actually consider changing your mind. The problem wth this place is people believe what they believe and come here to find others to confirm their beliefs. So, we have these little like and winner buttons and pretty much what one says gets liked by someone if it is a strong opinion. So, it really doesn't matter if I present real data which is what my profession does because you, and the others like you, are going to be out to not to believe the data but to react to it in some way to confirm your beliefs that are contrary to the data. There are a few, and very few, here that actually seem to respond to data. Most are here for confirmation. Sorry, it appears you are here for confirmation as your "Dr Know-it-all comment shows. I'm not a know it all. If we are talking about engineering bridges with engineers I would not be so arrogant as to call them a "know-it-all" if I thought differently about the amount of rebar required in a span because I have no real training to understand it at the level they do. Contrary to your attempted insult, I am not a know-it-all. Medicine I know as that is my career.
I would like to see what YOU hold up as reliable, statistically valid medical test results, including the test population you appear to consider reasonable.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I would like to see what YOU hold up as reliable, statistically valid medical test results, including the test population you appear to consider reasonable.
You are setting yourself up here to disbelieve anything he posts.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010

But, sure, that isn't ignorant at all.[/QUOTE]
First of all I don't trust any of them. I'm quite capable of doing my own research and mitigating risk according to that research. I face the covid problem the same way I face about everything else. The first thing I do is find someone who has been very successful at solving the problem. For example, the gyno in OKC that is so confident that he posts a youtube weekly and puts himself out there with his experience through this pandemic and how he treats it. He's treated over 700 symptomatic covid cases and had something like 5 hospitalizations and 0 deaths. You get on here and piss and moan about all of the death and destruction you've faced and dismiss this guy who is 700-0 because he's an OBGYN and includes ivermectin in his treatment and won't even consider that he could possibly be right. Heck, maybe it isn't the ivermectin but something else he's doing that is working. You'll never know because you won't even give any consideration to the possibility because... muh IVERMECTIN. But sure, that isn't ignorant at all. Irresponsible at best and downright criminal at worst.

I'll put it to you like this. Let's say I'm the Pres. of the school board and you're the football coach. You're getting your arse handed to you every Friday night and the guy down the road is 700 and friggin' 0. I ask you if you've talked to the guy down the road and your response is "Nope, he's a quack and doesn't know what he's doing"? I'm gonna fire you with the quickness and go hire Mr. 700-0.

This vaccine was rushed into the syringe by an administration led by someone that I'm sure you would classify as an absolute madman. It is now being pushed and administered by an administration led by a dementia riddled baffoon who lies every time he opens his mouth and, on his best day, can't tell you whether he's the POTUS or a Wal-Mart greeter. It baffles me that people like you can't understand why anyone would question the safety of this vaccine. And now they want us to give it to our kids? No thank you.

Jun 14, 2011
"This vaccine was rushed into the syringe by an administration led by someone that I'm sure you would classify as an absolute madman. It is now being pushed and administered by an administration led by a dementia riddled baffoon who lies every time he opens his mouth and, on his best day, can't tell you whether he's the POTUS or a Wal-Mart greeter. It baffles me that people like you can't understand why anyone would question the safety of this vaccine. And now they want us to give it to our kids? No thank you."