Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Any parent who opposes will be considered a “domestic terrorist.”
It is unfortunate that you feel that way. I think they are being misled by a misinformation campaign. I think they are ignorant of the reality of the disease and the risks. But, thinking up the idea to call that "terrorism" is pretty depraved. I just don't understand the level of hate that makes a mind think that way.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
I would suspect that he was thinking about herd immunity and doing things for the benefit of our society at large instead of being completely self-indulged and following the current political persuasion of many that anything they do is only for their own selfish interest and the benefit of others is completely irrelevant to them. It shows through in so many of the posts here. Sure, they depend on the selfless acts of others, but never, ever consider doing one themselves. Even more incredible when the data shows that this act is lower risk than not doing it so it is not only for society but also for their own benefit. But, stupid is as stupid does and "it won't go well" because of stupid is quite accurate.
Thank you for reading his mind! You two should just get a room and get it over with. There is very little risk to kids from covid. Your argument would hold water if by vaccinating a segment of our population that has basically zero risk (kids) we could assure that they wouldn't spread it to the population that is indeed at risk. We know that's not true. As to your argument that giving kids the shot is less risky that them getting the virus I'm calling BS. You don't know that with any degree of certainty. Nobody does at this point.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Thank you for reading his mind! You two should just get a room and get it over with. There is very little risk to kids from covid. Your argument would hold water if by vaccinating a segment of our population that has basically zero risk (kids) we could assure that they wouldn't spread it to the population that is indeed at risk. We know that's not true. As to your argument that giving kids the shot is less risky that them getting the virus I'm calling BS. You don't know that with any degree of certainty. Nobody does at this point.
You are simply wrong. They do not have basically zero risk. IF they have basically zero risk from COVID and have even less risk from the vaccine, what does that make the vaccine, less than zero risk?
No, in science we use the best available evidence. We do not declare that we "assure" things. If you need to have your appendix out, the surgeon gives you the data why. He doesn't assure you that it will for sure be just fine.
You are making illogical claims. There isn't a certainty and in medicine. There is best evidence. I have it. You have a political position.

It is unfortunate that you feel that way. I think they are being misled by a misinformation campaign. I think they are ignorant of the reality of the disease and the risks. But, thinking up the idea to call that "terrorism" is pretty depraved. I just don't understand the level of hate that makes a mind think that way.
It’s not my term. It’s the DOJ’s designation of parents who speak their minds at school board meetings. If your trying to understand the hate you should start with the DOJ

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It’s not my term. It’s the DOJ’s designation of parents who speak their minds at school board meetings. If your trying to understand the hate you should start with the DOJ
Prove it. Without a source with exactly that wording, that the DOJ thinks that parents that speak at a board meeting are terrorists, it is still your claim. Not parents that speak about violence. Not parents that try to riot. Because those things can be terrorism. But, I want to see parents simply speaking labelled as terrorism. I'll wait right here.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
You are simply wrong. They do not have basically zero risk. Yeah, its pretty close to zero. IF they have basically zero risk from COVID and have even less risk from the vaccine, what does that make the vaccine, less than zero risk? You are the one making the claim that the vaccine poses less risk to the child than Covid. I most definitely am not making that claim.
No, in science we use the best available evidence. We do not declare that we "assure" things. Yet you are assuring us that the vaccine poses less risk to a child than covid? You're 100% sure of that?If you need to have your appendix out, the surgeon gives you the data why. He doesn't assure you that it will for sure be just fine.
You are making illogical claims. There isn't a certainty and in medicine. There is best evidence. I have it. You have a political position.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
You are simply wrong. They do not have basically zero risk. IF they have basically zero risk from COVID and have even less risk from the vaccine, what does that make the vaccine, less than zero risk?
No, in science we use the best available evidence. We do not declare that we "assure" things. If you need to have your appendix out, the surgeon gives you the data why. He doesn't assure you that it will for sure be just fine.
You are making illogical claims. There isn't a certainty and in medicine. There is best evidence. I have it. You have a political position.[/QUOTE]
And you don't? Just imagine for one second that the Trump administration came out and said that you need to give your child a vaccine for a virus that probably won't even make them sick. Clown world.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
But it happens. Whether it's parents concerned about their kid's education or parents concerned about their kid's health, they're publicly labeled and shamed with just that. For crying out loud, within two posts you were able to drum up the labels "ignorant", "stupid", and '"selfish".

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
But it happens. Whether it's parents concerned about their kid's education or parents concerned about their kid's health, they're publicly labeled and shamed with just that. For crying out loud, within two posts you were able to drum up the labels "ignorant", "stupid", and '"selfish".
Neither steross or I would question a parent who is concerned about adverse effects of any medication given to their children. Heck, my job is monitoring for and preventing adverse drug effects. But gogetum isn't saying he is concerned about adverse effects, he is making political statements. What's more, his political statements are based on disinformation. A parent who opposes vaccination because of political reasons is being stupid, ignorant, and selfish. There are damn good reasons to give the covid vaccine to children.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Neither steross or I would question a parent who is concerned about adverse effects of any medication given to their children. Heck, my job is monitoring for and preventing adverse drug effects. But gogetum isn't saying he is concerned about adverse effects, he is making political statements. What's more, his political statements are based on disinformation. A parent who opposes vaccination because of political reasons is being stupid, ignorant, and selfish. There are damn good reasons to give the covid vaccine to children.

What? That's exactly what I'm saying. Please check with Steross and get back with me on what the "damn good reasons to give the covid vaccine to children " are.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

What? That's exactly what I'm saying. Please check with Steross and get back with me on what the "damn good reasons to give the covid vaccine to children " are.
What children do you have that might be vaccinated?

No, your opposition is political. You made that clear with "won't go well."

Sep 22, 2011
I’m a no on getting my kids vaccinated, not enough upside when we don’t know the long term effects. Disclaimer: I am pro vaccine, and my kids are up to date on vaccination and get the flu shot every year.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
What children do you have that might be vaccinated? First of all, that's exactly none of your business. But since you asked, I have 7 grandchildren and an additional two children that my daughter and her husband are fostering at this time. I'm still waiting for all of the "damn good" reasons to encourage my kids to vaccinate my grandchildren against a virus that likely won't even make them sick.

No, your opposition is political. You made that clear with "won't go well." Nice stretch but, as usual, a swing and a miss.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
I’m a no on getting my kids vaccinated, not enough upside when we don’t know the long term effects. Disclaimer: I am pro vaccine, and my kids are up to date on vaccination and get the flu shot every year.
Why do you hate America? Pretty selfish of you to not value the opinion of a bunch of medical experts that have been lying to us for two years. They say it's perfectly safe so it must be. Right? You simply must stick those little buggers or they are going to kill us all. Reeeeeeeeee!!!

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
What children do you have that might be vaccinated? First of all, that's exactly none of your business. But since you asked, I have 7 grandchildren and an additional two children that my daughter and her husband are fostering at this time. I'm still waiting for all of the "damn good" reasons to encourage my kids to vaccinate my grandchildren against a virus that likely won't even make them sick.

No, your opposition is political. You made that clear with "won't go well." Nice stretch but, as usual, a swing and a miss.

1. To halt mutation of the virus. Every person who gets infected represents an opportunity for mutation. This includes children.

2. Children are actually getting sick from the delta variant. MIS-C is potentially deadly.

3. We don't know the long term effects of infection in children.

4. The clinical trials in children have gone on for than a year. To date the vaccines are far safer than infection.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
1. To halt mutation of the virus. Every person who gets infected represents an opportunity for mutation. This includes children. We aren't going to halt mutation.

2. Children are actually getting sick from the delta variant. MIS-C is potentially deadly. Very small incidence.

3. We don't know the long term effects of infection in children. We also don't know the long term effects of the vaccine.

4. The clinical trials in children have gone on for than a year. To date the vaccines are far safer than infection. Far safer? Pure speculation.

Hardly "damn good" reasons.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I think some folks may be misunderstanding when someone closes their post with “clown world.” Consider its placement at the end of the message.

It’s not an accusation. It’s a signature.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I think some folks may be misunderstanding when someone closes their post with “clown world.” Consider its placement at the end of the message.

It’s not an accusation. It’s a signature.
I say again, Monkey is a Jedi name.