Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
70000 people are going to lose their job and due to the circumstances around it aren't eligible for unemployment. Those same people are going to struggle to find meaningful employment in their field because most medical facilities have similar requirements. What's the smart move for those 70000, do something that they know is safe and will protect them from a serious disease, or reduce their standard of living because "they have rights"? Those 70000 people are idiots and maybe they shouldn't be involved in the healthcare of others.

This whole thing is stupid. If you think you can do what you want, let your tags expire and drive without a seat belt. Same thing here. Six months ago if you were worried about the vaccine making you sick, I understood. Now after there are billions of examples saying it's fine, the only reason to hold out is because you are acting like a toddler. Toddlers get timeouts when they don't act right. Same thing for these people. They want to mess around and find out and they get.
70,000 who didn’t get the shot and probably not going to or they would have by now. That many people removed from an industry that has faced labor shortages for at least 10 years. There is not an easy overnight fix. The only long term solution is either educate people which takes years or have to bring in that many from out of state. Last time I looked the number of people lined up to move to New York was pretty small.

Sick people put strains on hospitals just like the lack of staff will do the same.

It won’t be long until we hear about labor shortages as an “unintended consequence.”

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So now your a healthcare worker? Last week you managed real estate for a healthcare firm.
I've been wearing a mask for 18 months on the job in the healthcare facilities I manage. Do you consider the janitors and the maintenance people who clean and fix hospital rooms and treatment rooms "healthcare workers?" Do you consider hospital staff and administrators Healthcare workers? If not then I guess, I'm not, if so then I am, I don't stand up when healthcare workers are honored at church or at football games...So I don't consider myself a clinical "healthcare worker" but rather like the the equipment guys on a football team. Not that it matters. Answer me this, why is your screen name @Party of common sense when you have very little on the topic of vaccines?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
Or an unvaccinated person looks at the bridge and says it’s 99.997% safe. I’ll drive accross and take my chances and comfortable with the risk.
And that’s why they are idiots. It’s not a 0.003% chance they get covid. For every person w covid the current infection rate (delta variant) is 7-9 other people. In addition the lethality rate is still between 1.5% and 2%. Risk analysis and mitigation is a key skill lacking in our country. Not just financially but in personal behavior. So is concern for your fellow man. Your post proves both.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
My agenda? Not sure what my agenda is so doubtful you do either.
At the very least your agenda seems to be "sowing seeds of doubt and mistrust regarding the vaccine, healthcare and the government." I'm not saying we should trust the government in everything, but I am saying that the vaccine is trustworthy and it was developed in a bipartisan way first by the Trump Administration and then later championed by the current Biden Administration. I can disagree with most everything the Biden Administration has done, but still agree that the vaccines are the way out of this. But folks like you STILL want to make this a divisive political topic when it's simply doing what is best for oneself and ones society., i.e. "love thy neighbor." In fact, it's the main "something" that is current allowing us to progress in the fight with the virus and to move beyond lockdowns and mandates in the future. It's why I'm going to OSU games this year. If everyone did what they were suppose to do, mandates would never have need used as a tool (agree with them or not (I personally do not) perhaps they will be effective.)

I've been wearing a mask for 18 months on the job in the healthcare facilities I manage. Do you consider the janitors and the maintenance people who clean and fix hospital rooms and treatment rooms "healthcare workers?" Do you consider hospital staff and administrators Healthcare workers? If not then I guess, I'm not, if so then I am, I don't stand up when healthcare workers are honored at church or at football games...So I don't consider myself a clinical "healthcare worker" but rather like the the equipment guys on a football team. Not that it matters. Answer me this, why is your screen name @Party of common sense when you have very little on the topic of vaccines?
I have taken the vaccine. I have many fiends who have not. I do not belittle any of them for not taking it. Everyday I read on this board about how the only people who won’t get the shot are people who have read crazy stuff on the internet.

Have you ever had a real conversation with somebody who has elected to not get the shot? Not something you read on the internet? Most people I know will tell you the survival rate for my age is 99.9%. There are a lot of things that keep me up at night and covid is not one of them.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I have taken the vaccine. I have many fiends who have not. I do not belittle any of them for not taking it. Everyday I read on this board about how the only people who won’t get the shot are people who have read crazy stuff on the internet.

Have you ever had a real conversation with somebody who has elected to not get the shot? Not something you read on the internet? Most people I know will tell you the survival rate for my age is 99.9%. There are a lot of things that keep me up at night and covid is not one of them.
How old are you?

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

At the very least your agenda seems to be "sowing seeds of doubt and mistrust regarding the vaccine, healthcare and the government." I'm not saying we should trust the government in everything, but I am saying that the vaccine is trustworthy and it was developed in a bipartisan way first by the Trump Administration and then later championed by the current Biden Administration. I can disagree with most everything the Biden Administration has done, but still agree that the vaccines are the way out of this. But folks like you STILL want to make this a divisive political topic when it's simply doing what is best for oneself and ones society., i.e. "love thy neighbor." In fact, it's the main "something" that is current allowing us to progress in the fight with the virus and to move beyond lockdowns and mandates in the future. It's why I'm going to OSU games this year. If everyone did what they were suppose to do, mandates would never have need used as a tool (agree with them or not (I personally do not) perhaps they will be effective.)
I have so much distrust that I took it myself.

Dec 9, 2013

And you’ve hit on other problem that many keep trying to inform you of. Every unvaccinated person is a living Petri dish that serves as a host for this vaccine. Every single new case which is running around 150,000/d in the US is a chance for the virus to mutate and jump the vaccine. If that happens we are right back to the beginning. That is a message that needs to be on repeat.

Then why do you constantly post stuff dispelling others from taking the prevention? An ouch of prevention is worth a pound of packed hospitals, ICU's, Lockdowns, Mask, and canceled events.
I’m not dispelling others just believe if somebody doesn’t want to take it then that’s their right. I don’t believe in belittling people who choose to not take it as some crazy people who believe anything they read on the internet.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Then why do you constantly post stuff dispelling others from taking the prevention? An ouch of prevention is worth a pound of packed hospitals, ICU's, Lockdowns, Mask, and canceled events.
I’m not dispelling others just believe if somebody doesn’t want to take it then that’s their right. I don’t believe in belittling people who choose to not take it as some crazy people who believe anything they read on the internet.
This isn't about "rights" it is about health. We are still in a pandemic with people dying. Talking about rights is missing the mark completely.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
This isn't about "rights" it is about health. We are still in a pandemic with people dying. Talking about rights is missing the mark completely.

Exactly what I have been thinking, why has this become so politicized? I don't undestand why we look to politicians for health care advice :facepalm:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Just something to think about.
  • Do you think people might read this board that haven't made up their minds on getting the shot you took?
  • Do you believe, as I do, that people refusing the shot are actually doing so not knowing the truth that they aren't making a good healthcare decision...in fact they aren't making one that literally could save their or someone they are in contact with, who might also be unvaccinated by has underlying conditions, life.
  • Do you believe, as I do, the national and international shutdowns, mask mandates, packed ICU's and overburdened Healthcare Systems are the result of those who won't take the precautions to keep that from happening?
Bottom line, I don't think people should be forced either, but I lose patience with those that are against all the things I'm against.... yet they are prolonging them by being stubborn and not doing the one thing that when done collectively will end them.

The point I'm trying to make to you is that you are actually encouraging others to dig their heels in even deeper with your arguments. AND...the thing to think about for you is...Is that a dangerous position that may cost someone their life, liberty, or the pursuit of the very happiness they claim to want so badly?

It's the greatest piece of sad irony I've ever witnessed in my 56 years of life.

Take the shot FOR your Freedom! OR Don't take it because of your Freedumb, which will result in even less Freedom...

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

I know 6 people who have died from Covid...all unvaccinated and all saying things like you just did...a few direct quotes "I survived cancer covids not going to kill me," "I'm on ivermectin the Covids not going to get me"...all of them downplayed the virus until it literally killed them...yet these people are causing our hospitals to be full, ICU's to overflow, mask mandates, vaccine passports and international travel doors to be closed. I don't think you are doing your friends any favors by not speaking truth in love to them, you certainly aren't doing yourself any favors...I have several of the same issues with many of my friends and some are so dang stubborn that they cannot be reached...it's very very sad the depths that they will dive to feed their biases. They still think it's political despite power structures being changed and that makes no sense. They still say it's not going to get me...until it does. It's so dang sad how badly it defys common sense.

Last edited:
Just something to think about.
  • Do you think people might read this board that haven't made up their minds on getting the shot you took?
  • Do you believe, as I do, that people refusing the shot are actually doing so not knowing the truth that they aren't making a good healthcare decision...in fact they aren't making one that literally could save their or someone they are in contact with, who might also be unvaccinated by has underlying conditions, life.
  • Do you believe, as I do, the national and international shutdowns, mask mandates, packed ICU's and overburdened Healthcare Systems are the result of those who won't take the precautions to keep that from happening?
Bottom line, I don't think people should be forced either, but I lose patience with those that are against all the things I'm against.... yet they are prolonging them by being stubborn and not doing the one thing that when done collectively will end them.

The point I'm trying to make to you is that you are actually encouraging others to dig their heels in even deeper with your arguments. AND...the thing to think about for you is...Is that a dangerous position that may cost someone their life, liberty, or the pursuit of the very happiness they claim to want so badly?

It's the greatest piece of sad irony I've ever witnessed in my 56 years of life.

Take the shot FOR your Freedom! OR Don't take it because of your Freedumb, which will result in even less Freedom...
There are maybe what 20 people here on this board? You don’t think all of them have made up their minds on wether to get the shot or not? Coming here for medical advice is about the same as going to the sports board for coaching advice. If you want medical advice talk to your personal doctor not an internet message board.

The presidential election is behind us so we don’t have to worry about shutdowns again.

Firing large percentages of the medical field over the vaccine is going to put more strain on the system than covid ever thought of. Take Stillwater for example. They have a 117 bed capacity and every day they only have 80-90 available due to staffing.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There are maybe what 20 people here on this board? You don’t think all of them have made up their minds on wether to get the shot or not? Coming here for medical advice is about the same as going to the sports board for coaching advice. If you want medical advice talk to your personal doctor not an internet message board.

The presidential election is behind us so we don’t have to worry about shutdowns again.

Firing large percentages of the medical field over the vaccine is going to put more strain on the system than covid ever thought of. Take Stillwater for example. They have a 117 bed capacity and every day they only have 80-90 available due to staffing.
Your second paragraph is why you are still on the fence more than me. Once you realize that shutdowns were just a scared public’s reaction to something they didn’t understand the more clearly you will see this. I voted Trump twice…I won’t make that mistake again. No matter how much I agreed with his policies ike getting the vaccine in record time…he was divisive and caused his own problems..then he cried far worse than Al Gore ever did when he didn't win the election. This ain’t political and never has been, that some used it that way is a crying shame and the reason some of your friends can’t get over it and Admit they were wrong and move the freak on by getting “Trumps vaccine.” Btw FLORIDA closed their beaches in March 2020…I was on the beach in Grayton Beach when they did…who was in charge of Florida at the time??? Give me a break and open your eyes. The only thing more dangerous to our society right now than covid is those who sell and consume divisive blame the other guy for your problem media…we are all Americans and as such we need to move on in unity

Last edited: