Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/hfarid22764184/status/1440091095652659205?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1440417017295618057%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4915235%2Fpg10

Employee quits and takes it out on the boss
Translation

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dec 9, 2013
To put this into context and I’ll admit there are parts I might have wrong.

People refuse to take a vaccine that costs $20/dose. That’s been been around for 20 years. That is proven to have a 90%+ success rate.

But when they get covid they are 1st in line for a treatment that costs $2000/treatment. That’s been around for 30 years (so only 10 more years). And whose success rate is still being studied but doesn’t look like it approaches that of a vaccine.

What kind of world do we live in?

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
https://mobile.twitter.com/BaboonScrolls/status/1440580169748467714?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1440580169748467714%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4915290%2Fpg1

Rubber bullets have started in Melbourne
That girl is a very worldly protester with some really bad luck.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
That girl is a very worldly protester with some really bad luck.
Shoot. It’s already down. What was it?
They were examples of what happens when hit with a rubber bullet, although at least one looked photoshopped. The tweet was saying they are now shooting rubber bullets in Australia and this is what they do to a person.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
They were examples of what happens when hit with a rubber bullet, although at least one looked photoshopped. The tweet was saying they are now shooting rubber bullets in Australia and this is what they do to a person.

Give them the ability to take pictures and have outrage.

Nov 23, 2010
Oklahoma's latest epidemiology report came out yesterday. pdf here

I've heard a lot of people posit that natural immunity is better than the vaccine (although in almost every case, the experience of getting natural immunity would be worse). That does not seem to be the case as reinfection is happening at roughly twice the rate of breakthrough infection.

Breakthrough cases have never been more than 8.25% of all cases.

People 65+ are 19% of our population and they are around 70% fully vaccinated. Despite being a very small group, 65+ and unvaccinated are 30.2% of total hospitalizations in the last 30 days. It's hard to emphasize enough the degree to which you're playing russian roulette with a very bad time if you are unvaccinated and 65+.

I know it's mostly preaching to the choir here, but vaccination works tremendously well to prevent bad outcomes, please get one if you haven't yet.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Oklahoma's latest epidemiology report came out yesterday. pdf here

I've heard a lot of people posit that natural immunity is better than the vaccine (although in almost every case, the experience of getting natural immunity would be worse). That does not seem to be the case as reinfection is happening at roughly twice the rate of breakthrough infection.

Breakthrough cases have never been more than 8.25% of all cases.

People 65+ are 19% of our population and they are around 70% fully vaccinated. Despite being a very small group, 65+ and unvaccinated are 30.2% of total hospitalizations in the last 30 days. It's hard to emphasize enough the degree to which you're playing russian roulette with a very bad time if you are unvaccinated and 65+.

I know it's mostly preaching to the choir here, but vaccination works tremendously well to prevent bad outcomes, please get one if you haven't yet.
So....
George is not vaccinated but has had a confirmed case of covid and has tested positive for the antibodies. Is George's immunity as good as Bob's?
The answer seems to be no then... George just thought he had equal/better immunity...

Mar 11, 2006
This is the same policy of my school district and at least a couple of others in Tulsa metro. Do other OK public schools have different policies?

Florida's new top health official issued a controversial emergency order Wednesday that lets parents choose whether their children will quarantine after they are exposed to the coronavirus.
The order, signed by Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo, still requires children with covid-19 symptoms or a positive coronavirus test to isolate. But children who are exposed to the coronavirus by coming into close contact with someone who tests positive do not have to stay home if they do not have symptoms.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-order-makes-quarantine-optional-230243015.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
This is the same policy of my school district and at least a couple of others in Tulsa metro. Do other OK public schools have different policies?

Florida's new top health official issued a controversial emergency order Wednesday that lets parents choose whether their children will quarantine after they are exposed to the coronavirus.
The order, signed by Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo, still requires children with covid-19 symptoms or a positive coronavirus test to isolate. But children who are exposed to the coronavirus by coming into close contact with someone who tests positive do not have to stay home if they do not have symptoms.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-order-makes-quarantine-optional-230243015.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
Smh

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

Yeah, same in Piedmont. Went from recommended to required back to recommended.