Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
Funny, the reason I got it is because I’m a Christian and, as such, I care about the people around me enough to get a no longer “experimental” vaccine in order to save lives and end the virus and all the mandates that not getting it requires. Oh and because I’m a cowboy fan and want to attend sporting events while taking precautions to save others who have chosen not to take precautions…love thy neighbor and all, becomes active in times like these.
Good deal. They mentioned nothing about it being experimental to me. Before we judge, these men also save lives (more directly than your indirect method) so I won't jump their case. I'm not sure why they aren't taking the vaccine. I got mine last March. I don't find myself to be more Christian than them.

Most people I know believe in the vaccine...at least for adults and definitely for people who are at risk. The crux is mandating it. Less people I know are for mandating it. I don't think OSU will be doing so for their football games. If you are uncomfortable with that, you will have to weigh that whether you decide to stay home or not. I won't be mad at you if you decide to stay home don't attend for that reason. That's your personal choice.

Go Pokes!

OSU125

Wrangler
Sep 2, 2014
Good deal. They mentioned nothing about it being experimental to me. Before we judge, these men also save lives (more directly than your indirect method) so I won't jump their case. I'm not sure why they aren't taking the vaccine. I got mine last March. I don't find myself to be more Christian than them.

Most people I know believe in the vaccine...at least for adults and definitely for people who are at risk. The crux is mandating it. Less people I know are for mandating it. I don't think OSU will be doing so for their football games. If you are uncomfortable with that, you will have to weigh that whether you decide to stay home or not. I won't be mad at you if you decide to stay home don't attend for that reason. That's your personal choice.

Go Pokes!

I am vaccinated, but I have two children who are not old enough to be yet. With that in mind, I just can't risk going to a packed stadium and exposing them to it directly or indirectly if I still bring it home. Which sucks, I really want to be back at BPS in a full stadium, but my family is more important.

If they approve it for younger children then as soon as they get the shot I'll be back in the stands!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Go Pokes!
Sure it’s currently our choice…It’s also our choice to not be a part of the reason we have to wear mask, work from home, and shut down global travel. The people who complain about mandates and refuse vaccines are the very people who are making us have to require them. If that percentage of people was 10% I’d be fine with it…the problem is that it’s a bigger number right now and I’ve know 10 people personally so far in the past two months, all unvaccinated, who have been hospitalized with covid delta. Of those two have passed away and are in heaven. Yes it’s our choice, but we need to start making better ones. I work at a hospital and in Tulsa 96% of the covid hospitalized are unvaccinated for covid. Its literally a life and death matter and I don’t mind the school enforcing that especially on a day that is suppose to honor healthcare workers. I’m not a better Christian than them either…just a less stubborn one.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2010
I am vaccinated, but I have two children who are not old enough to be yet. With that in mind, I just can't risk going to a packed stadium and exposing them to it directly or indirectly if I still bring it home. Which sucks, I really want to be back at BPS in a full stadium, but my family is more important.

If they approve it for younger children then as soon as they get the shot I'll be back in the stands!
I'm not sure what your children's health history is, but they have a better chance of dying on the way to the game in a car than they do from Covid. Yes, there is concern for long term effects (which none of us know long term effects of Covid or Vaccine for children at this point with as little time as we have had) or that they will serve as conduits, but that has also been shown to be very unlikely as their symptoms are rare and very minimal if they do have it. Now, if they are around unvaccinated grandma and grandpa or unvaccinated 300lb Uncle, this makes a lot of sense. But if you're just doing this out of an abundance of caution, I get that too.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2010
Sure it’s currently our choice…It’s also our choice to not be a part of the reason we have to wear mask, work from home, and shut down global travel. The people who complain about mandates and refuse vaccines are the very people who are making us have to require them. If that percentage of people was 10% I’d be fine with it…the problem is that it’s a bigger number right now and I’ve know 10 people personally so far in the past two months, all unvaccinated, who have been hospitalized with covid delta. Of those two have passed away and are in heaven. Yes it’s our choice, but we need to start making better ones. I work at a hospital and in Tulsa 96% of the covid hospitalized are unvaccinated for covid. Its literally a life and death matter and I don’t mind the school enforcing that especially on a day that is suppose to honor healthcare workers. I’m not a better Christian than them either…just a less stubborn one.
Yeah, I get your sentiment. I got vaccinated for several reasons. But I'm not ready to tell everyone else they are the reason for anything yet. This thing changes so much. I was told awhile back from smart people that I wouldn't have to wear a mask again because I was already vaccinated. That's changed because these scientists are just making educated guesses until we know more so they have to pivot...which I get. Hindsight is 20/20. But that also tells me we don't know for sure if all these people are screwing us or not. I've seen smart doctors and scientists say there really is no way to deal with this until the virus runs its course. They believe vaccinations are great safeguards for one's personal health. I think we can say with a lot of confidence now you have a much better chance of getting more sick if you are not vaccinated. One of the reasons I got vaccinated right away. My kids, based on science and data, I'm not near as worried about.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
He's an OBGYN, so maybe he could help with that sand in your vagina. Yeah, he's your kind of doctor.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
So he’s an actual doctor not just the guy who counts the pills he prescribes?
Ah, trying to insult me. But what you don't know is that I don't count pills and I have prescribing privileges, so you just look like a fool. So. You go right on taking the cow dewormer recommended by the vagina doc because he's "your kind of doctor."

Who knows, maybe it's good for yeast infection too!

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The pictures of divisive BS like you posted and others posted on Governor Abbots birthday and Obamas birthday IS that they do absolutely ZERO for the problems of unity in this country and only further the divide. NO ONE "wants" mask mandates...they want the virus gone. NO ONE "wants" vaccine mandates...they want the virus gone. The reason is so we can return to NORMALCY like in the pictures above...
This is complete BS.

Those in charge aren't leading by example. They pass laws and then flaunt those very laws in front of the American public! Stop defending them! They are the ones causing the divisiveness.

Less than a year ago!!!!

Democrat Biden warns against rushing out coronavirus vaccine, says Trump cannot be trusted

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ne-says-trump-cannot-be-trusted-idUSKBN2671NW

They, not the public, made it political!!!

The coronavirus isn't going to be gone. You shouldn't be telling people that is.

Jun 16, 2008
Maryland

Go Pokes!
I knew someone that tried to get out of the small pox vaccine because of the scar. They tried to claim religious reasons. Said it was like a tattoo. Don't remember how that played out.
I also had a lot of shots that I had no choice in and some I didn't really want to take (4 anthrax shots and small pox are two). You're in the military, do what you're told.

Lots of vaccines are mandated. Example: there's a long list for public schools.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow

Hey, gotta do what ya gotta do, completely respect that but sorry it worked out that way. The other good side of that is that with you and Rack now out maybe the line to the men’s room will move a little faster ;)

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I knew someone that tried to get out of the small pox vaccine because of the scar. They tried to claim religious reasons. Said it was like a tattoo. Don't remember how that played out.
I also had a lot of shots that I had no choice in and some I didn't really want to take (4 anthrax shots and small pox are two). You're in the military, do what you're told.

Lots of vaccines are mandated. Example: there's a long list for public schools.
There are exemptions for kids going to school, why you would want your child to potentially get polio, diphtheria or rubella is beyond me.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
There are exemptions for kids going to school, why you would want your child to potentially get polio, diphtheria or rubella is beyond me.
Yes they allow exemptions for certain reasons depending on the area but 90%+ (don't quote me on the percentage) follow it and don't fight or even think about it. Why this is so different is beyond me. It's a vaccine that works and we are having huge waves of people getting critically I'll from this. Do the easy thing.

Following up on the military part. It's all about mission readiness and force protection. These are easy ways to keep from potentially becoming not usable due to sick. And it's not a single person issue, with this it's potentially an entire unit thing. Same reason I had to get a flu shot every freaking year, and that was just for any give flu season.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Hey, gotta do what ya gotta do, completely respect that but sorry it worked out that way. The other good side of that is that with you and Rack now out maybe the line to the men’s room will move a little faster ;)
I'm planning on going...you might ought to get vaccinated if you are...you never know who might be sitting next to you for hours on end that might have the delta.