Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Factually wrong Hannity, which even further pushes your credibility closer to the toilet water. If one mask will at least partially help you or anyone else unable to get the vacc, why don’t we just wear 4 masks and be super-extra safe to make you happy.
Did you think I was talking about you, sippy cup?

Mar 11, 2006
31 million cases and counting in the US. If 1% of those end up with million dollar hospital bills that's $310 trillion. Makes those $2T stimulus packages look like chump change. Then there's the lost productivity from all those people lingering in a hospital for a month and then dying anyway - that alone would tank the economy worse than anything else in our history. Let's say 1% don't end up with million dollar bills, but look at smaller percentages:

0.1% = $31T
0.01% = $3.1T

If 1/100th of a percent has of the 31 M has a million dollar hospital bill then we approach $4T. By preventing the million dollar hospital bills we've paid for the 2 x $2T stimulus packages.

Brings the phrase "penny-wise and pound foolish" to mind.
Rx any update with the math above? There are multiple reasons on this thread why @gogetumpoke and @OSUgradndad85 today questioned your credibility.

Dec 9, 2013
They are very similar. Covid is changing so much in this country. You know as well as I do a year from now we’ll hear how it’s too dangerous to go out into public and vote. Even after the same people making that statement are complaining that every person hasn’t ventured out not once but twice to get the vaccine. Since its so unsafe to get out and vote we must mail out millions of ballots to people and ask for zero confirmation of who actually voted. We cannot ask people for ID to vote but nothing wrong with asking for an ID to enter a restaurant or gym because we have to verify people are not lying about their vaccine card.
We can have an election of close to 200 million people mailing out ballots with no accountability and be the “most secure election in the history of the country.” But a city of 7 million in one of the bluest spots in the country cannot allow people into a restaurant because people may lie about being vaccinated. Yes that makes complete and total sense.
You trot out the same crap Ted Cruz does. Remember how we wouldn’t hear about CoVid after the election?

If you don’t want to get vaccinated (if you aren’t already) or none of you want to wear masks then STAY HOME!

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
You trot out the same crap Ted Cruz does. Remember how we wouldn’t hear about CoVid after the election?

If you don’t want to get vaccinated (if you aren’t already) or none of you want to wear masks then STAY HOME!
I have several employees that have recovered from Covid and are not vaccinated. Do they have to stay home as well? What about the ones that are vaccinated (like me) but may still be transmitting the virus? Maybe we should just all stay home …forever?

BTW are you a football season ticket holder?

I’m really trying to figure out how some people are going to make it out of the house. If you attend an OSU game you will be surrounded by unvaccinated, Trump voters, and gun owners. Probably surrounded by many concealed guns at that. It could be some real trying times for some people.

Dec 9, 2013
I have several employees that have recovered from Covid and are not vaccinated. Do they have to stay home as well? What about the ones that are vaccinated (like me) but may still be transmitting the virus? Maybe we should just all stay home …forever?
Of course not. I was trotting out the same crap that many anti vaxxers and anti maskers have for the past yr and a half.

Why can’t we all just look out for each other even if that means having to do something that is uncomfortable or sacrificial?

I am vaccinated. I got it as did my family as soon as we could. We spent over a year not having indoor gatherings. We had thanksgiving in the garage w the doors open. We skipped Christmas. Didn’t hug my daughter for over a year. Couldn’t see my 87 year old dad for over a year. Didn’t. See my brother or sister for over a yr. Missed seeing Cade Cunningham. We cancelled vacations. Didn’t worship inside at church even when it was freezing. And we wore masks everywhere we went and are again.

We did it in part to stay safe but also bc we were being asked to to keep other people safe and not burden drs and nurses. Also at the end of the day doing all of the above should be at the heart of every conservative. Who do you think ultimately pays for all of this whether it be increased taxes or health insurance premiums. What about over the long term keeping employees at work and healthy thereby decreasing costs and increasing run time or productivity.

It’s funny that some on here use terms like libs or libtards. Call people that don’t bow down to conservative life snowflakes but they are the biggest bunch of self imposed victims. If right wing media didn’t show them how to think or how to be a victim to the latest MSM story or govt issue, this part of orange power would be empty. One guy on here thinks it’s a penalty to wear masks. Seriously? Tell that to anyone Working on the icu floor at Stillwater Medical.

My stay home comment was out of frustration that some can’t think or act beyond what serves them. It doesn’t have to be this way.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
BTW are you a football season ticket holder?

I’m really trying to figure out how some people are going to make it out of the house. If you attend an OSU game you will be surrounded by unvaccinated, Trump voters, and gun owners. Probably surrounded by many concealed guns at that. It could be some real trying times for some people.
If we conducted an anonymous poll on here I would bet the vast majority of posters would say that not being vaccinated except for medical or faith issues is pure dumbassery.
I applaud you for connecting the dots between this and some Trump voters. Kudos.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Of course not. I was trotting out the same crap that many anti vaxxers and anti maskers have for the past yr and a half.

Why can’t we all just look out for each other even if that means having to do something that is uncomfortable or sacrificial?

I am vaccinated. I got it as did my family as soon as we could. We spent over a year not having indoor gatherings. We had thanksgiving in the garage w the doors open. We skipped Christmas. Didn’t hug my daughter for over a year. Couldn’t see my 87 year old dad for over a year. Didn’t. See my brother or sister for over a yr. Missed seeing Cade Cunningham. We cancelled vacations. Didn’t worship inside at church even when it was freezing. And we wore masks everywhere we went and are again.

We did it in part to stay safe but also bc we were being asked to to keep other people safe and not burden drs and nurses. Also at the end of the day doing all of the above should be at the heart of every conservative. Who do you think ultimately pays for all of this whether it be increased taxes or health insurance premiums. What about over the long term keeping employees at work and healthy thereby decreasing costs and increasing run time or productivity.

It’s funny that some on here use terms like libs or libtards. Call people that don’t bow down to conservative life snowflakes but they are the biggest bunch of self imposed victims. If right wing media didn’t show them how to think or how to be a victim to the latest MSM story or govt issue, this part of orange power would be empty. One guy on here thinks it’s a penalty to wear masks. Seriously? Tell that to anyone Working on the icu floor at Stillwater Medical.

My stay home comment was out of frustration that some can’t think or act beyond what serves them. It doesn’t have to be this way.
We will eventually get to the point that those of us that have done what we think is right for us personally will have to get on with life. If I’ve done what I think is required to protect myself and my family then let’s go. I took the jab because my Dr told me that I needed to so that I wouldn’t get the virus and I couldn’t spread it to my 89 year old parents. He turned out to be wrong on both counts. As of today, I’m fairly confident that I won’t get as sick if I get Covid because I’ve been vaccinated but that could change tomorrow. Also we could get to herd immunity faster and get away from these ridiculous lockdowns and economy killing policies. If you had told me two years ago that my government could force me to close my business down or not require my renters to pay rent or not be able to go to my church service I would have told you that you were nuts. Yet here we are.

This pipe Dream that everyone will get vaccinated is just that..a pipe dream. The people that haven’t taken the jab yet aren’t going to be convinced by anything they are seeing on MSM lately that’s for sure. They also won’t be shamed into it. Like you, my brothers and I lost a full year with our parents never knowing if there would be another year. Their days left on this earth are short Covid or no Covid. They lost one of their very last Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, get togethers with their family and basically didn’t live for an entire year. We won’t do it again. What’s the endgame?

Do masks work? Well at first they didn’t then they did. Now we‘re pretty sure they do but only some of them. But be sure and wear them into the restaurant or you’ll kill grandma you selfish bastard. But you can take it off as soon as you sit down. Craziness. And for God’s sake strap them on those 3 year olds. Those Covid infected little peckerheads are going to kill us all. And by all means wear them outside.

Do the vaccines work? Why hell yes, they are 95% effective. But you can still get Covid and, it turns out, you can still spread it and kill grandma so for the love of all that is good and holy strap on that designer face mask after you get that second jab because that will make us all feel better. Like I stated earlier, it appears that the vaccine will keep you from getting deathly ill but they’ve lied to us about so much of this that honestly I don’t know what to believe at this point. The one thing that I’m convinced would help is to get the border shut down. But alas, it is much more important to shame a legal citizen, who may very well have natural immunity from the virus itself, into taking the jab than it is to stop hundreds of thousands of undocumented and unvaccinated immigrants from flooding our borders. If you don’t see the border as a Covid issue then we can’t be friends. Sadly, this administration has essentially invited them here and are, as we speak, busy distributing them all across this beautiful country of ours. Pretty hard for me to believe that they are serious about ending this pandemic.

Covid isn’t going away anytime soon. Probably never. This week the delta variant is going to kill us all. Next week it will be the lambda variant and on we go to omega. In the mean time we are ruining an entire generation of kids who aren’t getting taught, aren’t socializing, and can’t even see each other’s faces while we drive this great country into financial ruin.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
We will eventually get to the point that those of us that have done what we think is right for us personally will have to get on with life. If I’ve done what I think is required to protect myself and my family then let’s go. I took the jab because my Dr told me that I needed to so that I wouldn’t get the virus and I couldn’t spread it to my 89 year old parents. He turned out to be wrong on both counts. As of today, I’m fairly confident that I won’t get as sick if I get Covid because I’ve been vaccinated but that could change tomorrow. Also we could get to herd immunity faster and get away from these ridiculous lockdowns and economy killing policies. If you had told me two years ago that my government could force me to close my business down or not require my renters to pay rent or not be able to go to my church service I would have told you that you were nuts. Yet here we are.

This pipe Dream that everyone will get vaccinated is just that..a pipe dream. The people that haven’t taken the jab yet aren’t going to be convinced by anything they are seeing on MSM lately that’s for sure. They also won’t be shamed into it. Like you, my brothers and I lost a full year with our parents never knowing if there would be another year. Their days left on this earth are short Covid or no Covid. They lost one of their very last Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, get togethers with their family and basically didn’t live for an entire year. We won’t do it again. What’s the endgame?

Do masks work? Well at first they didn’t then they did. Now we‘re pretty sure they do but only some of them. But be sure and wear them into the restaurant or you’ll kill grandma you selfish bastard. But you can take it off as soon as you sit down. Craziness. And for God’s sake strap them on those 3 year olds. Those Covid infected little peckerheads are going to kill us all. And by all means wear them outside.

Do the vaccines work? Why hell yes, they are 95% effective. But you can still get Covid and, it turns out, you can still spread it and kill grandma so for the love of all that is good and holy strap on that designer face mask after you get that second jab because that will make us all feel better. Like I stated earlier, it appears that the vaccine will keep you from getting deathly ill but they’ve lied to us about so much of this that honestly I don’t know what to believe at this point. The one thing that I’m convinced would help is to get the border shut down. But alas, it is much more important to shame a legal citizen, who may very well have natural immunity from the virus itself, into taking the jab than it is to stop hundreds of thousands of undocumented and unvaccinated immigrants from flooding our borders. If you don’t see the border as a Covid issue then we can’t be friends. Sadly, this administration has essentially invited them here and are, as we speak, busy distributing them all across this beautiful country of ours. Pretty hard for me to believe that they are serious about ending this pandemic.

Covid isn’t going away anytime soon. Probably never. This week the delta variant is going to kill us all. Next week it will be the lambda variant and on we go to omega. In the mean time we are ruining an entire generation of kids who aren’t getting taught, aren’t socializing, and can’t even see each other’s faces while we drive this great country into financial ruin.

I think you are overthinking the issues with vaccine effectiveness.

We have 165 million vaccinated people in this country and our primary vaccines were reported as 95% effective. That's awesome but that means that 8.25 million people will still have bad luck and get it. That's enough people to get buzz in the media but statistically that was going to happen. No medicine or vaccine is perfect but what we have is about as close as it gets.

@Boomer..... was right. Indoor masks for vaccinated people sounds like a dumb idea. I haven't done it voluntarily because to me it's pointless. But a very large percentage of the 8.25 million people who are unlucky will either be asymptomatic or think it's allergies and go about their day. And there is evidence that they are capable of spreading it so this is starting to make sense to me why we may need to rethink this. I don't want to get anyone else sick and after getting vaccinated figured I was done worrying about that. But if I need to re-evaluate that in case there is a minor chance I can do so, then so be it.

As to your questions earlier about what masks doctors are wearing, who knows? @RxCowboy said it was the largest medical practice in the state doing it, so I'd say if the experts recommend it, then it's appropriate. My doctor doesn’t 2nd guess my opinion on corn futures because that's not his level of expertise. I'm not 2nd guessing him on basic healthcare decisions for the same reason.

Mar 11, 2006

I respect your viewpoint because you always have very logical reasoning with your posts. But I could never subscribe to your comment about not hugging a child or not seeing family for over a year.

When my daughters are back from college, like right now, I hug them multiple times per day. No way I would voluntarily not hug my daughter for over a year.

Dec 9, 2013
I respect your viewpoint because you always have very logical reasoning with your posts. But I could never subscribe to your comment about not hugging a child or not seeing family for over a year.

When my daughters are back from college, like right now, I hug them multiple times per day. No way I would voluntarily not hug my daughter for over a year.
Not that it matters but we have a family member in the home that requires a significant amount of assistance in taking on the daily tasks of life. Our daughter lives outside the home and works in a public facing environment. We wore masks every time we were together and socially distanced every time we saw her for over a year. We made the decision to do this to not only protect each other but also so those doing the heavy lifting wouldn’t get sick and could continue the heavy lifting. Believe me. It was not easy and after we were all vaccinated we hugged and laughed for days.

Sep 22, 2011
What I have learned during this pandemic is that very few people understand risk, and most people would rather virtue signal than make things better. As a society we have handled this thing about as poorly as possible.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Other than pre-existing medical conditions or maybe religious grounds that prevent receiving the vaccine, what seems to be the primary reasons people in the U.S. still aren't willing to get it? Still uncertain what it will do to them? Conspiracy theorist? (I have a sister-in-law in this category)