Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
So essentially, vaccinations may not help with the Delta variant. Viral loads are the same as unvaccinated people and you can still have long term side effects. You may get lesser symptoms if you get COVID, but maybe not and you could still die.

GOT. IT.
This type of completely incorrect interpretation is why we have such problems.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1422986283748630530

So essentially, vaccinations may not help with the Delta variant. Viral loads are the same as unvaccinated people and you can still have long term side effects. You may get lesser symptoms if you get COVID, but maybe not and you could still die.

GOT. IT.
There is literally nothing true in what you said.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
If you are unvaccinated, N95, otherwise any 2-3 layer mask.

Shouldn't the vaccinated also be wearing the N95 since we now know that they can spread the virus?
There is a vast difference in risk.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Yes, if we are driving 200mph. If you can transmit the virus and you are tending to sick people shouldn't you wear the best mask available?
Why at 200mph? Are you saying head injuries start at 200mph? Why not wear the best safety equipment available if driving?
He's trying to make the point that masks don't work. But the nosocomial COVID-19 infection rate is, what, near zero?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
There is literally nothing true in what you said.

Help me then.

Unvaccinated and vaccinated have similar viral load in communities high in SARS-CoV-2 delta

Fully vaccinated people susceptible to 'long COVID': Fauci

We all know breakthrough cases result in lesser symptoms and there is still a mortality rate, albeit a fraction of one percent.
What is "long covid"? Start there.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Help me then.

Unvaccinated and vaccinated have similar viral load in communities high in SARS-CoV-2 delta

Fully vaccinated people susceptible to 'long COVID': Fauci

We all know breakthrough cases result in lesser symptoms and there is still a mortality rate, albeit a fraction of one percent.
Just a couple problems with your initial post.

This part is 0% true.
So essentially, vaccinations may not help with the Delta variant.

This part is 100% true. (Even though breakthrough infections are extremely rare)
Viral loads are the same as unvaccinated people and you can still have long term side effects.

And this part is disingenuous. See the numbers I responded with from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
You may get lesser symptoms if you get COVID, but maybe not and you could still die.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Just a couple problems with your initial post.

This part is 0% true.

This part is 100% true. (Even though breakthrough infections are extremely rare)

And this part is disingenuous. See the numbers I responded with from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
Just realize I was being overly dramatic. I know vaccinations help with COVID, however, it seems like the longer this goes, the less bulletproof vaccinated people are.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Just realize I was being overly dramatic. I know vaccinations help with COVID, however, it seems like the longer this goes, the less bulletproof vaccinated people are.
5,000 unvaccinated deaths to 20 vaccinated deaths in Oklahoma this year. 17,000 hospitalizations to 130. "Less" I guess is subjective, but your definition of the word seems a bit off. Add a few "slightys" in front then maybe.

Sep 3, 2010
Why at 200mph? Are you saying head injuries start at 200mph? Why not wear the best safety equipment available if driving?
The chances of serious injury to race car drivers are considerably greater than the average driver. Therefore, they wear helmuts. Makes sense right? The chances of you killing someone who is ill by transmitting a virus them is greater if you are providing medical care to them right? Why not use the best mask available?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The chances of serious injury to race car drivers are considerably greater than the average driver.
That is NOT a true statement. the average driver faces MUCH higher chances of serious injury and death in a vehicle accident. They have 1/10th MAYBE the safety equipment built into the avg car and additional safety gear worn on the driver. Professional race drivers are surrounded constantly by highly skilled and other professional race drivers..this is not true for the avg driver which increases chances of serious injury.

Week in and week out dozens of professional drivers slam their race cars into the walls of speedways all around the world at speeds up to 200mph.......and lets take F1 for example. Fastest of all the cars.....they have had 52 deaths in the sport since 1952.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2010
He's trying to make the point that masks don't work. But the nosocomial COVID-19 infection rate is, what, near zero?

You don't have a clue what point I'm trying to make. I just simply want to know what the logic is behind not using the best mask available at all times. Are they not available? BTW...try not to be such an insufferable prick.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The chances of serious injury to race car drivers are considerably greater than the average driver. Therefore, they wear helmuts. Makes sense right? The chances of you killing someone who is ill by transmitting a virus them is greater if you are providing medical care to them right? Why not use the best mask available?
No. The chance that a vaccinated person would transmit the virus to a patient is far smaller.

Sep 3, 2010
That is NOT a true statement. the average driver faces MUCH higher chances of serious injury and death in a vehicle accident. They have 1/10th MAYBE the safety equipment built into the avg car and additional safety gear worn on the driver. Professional race drivers are surrounded constantly by highly skilled and other professional race drivers..this is not true for the avg driver which increases chances of serious injury.
For the love of Pete:facepalm:. Thanks for proving my point.

Sep 3, 2010
No. The chance that a vaccinated person would transmit the virus to a patient is far smaller.
I agree that a vaccinated person has a smaller risk of transmitting the virus than an unvaccinated person. But they CAN transmit the virus. So again, why not use the best mask available. To put it another way, if your child was being treated in a hospital would you feel more comfortable if those treating your child were wearing the N95 mask? Are you saying that you would be fine with them just wearing the regular mask?