Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Very much like saying that if you believe abortion is wrong to the point of calling it "murder" but are for capital punishment then you are absolutely being hypocritical.

These issues are far from being absolute. Two different things with very different legal statuses simply do not equate and become absolutely hypocritical because of vague similarities that feel good to a one-sided argument.
Well. I guess I am not hypocritical. Not a surprise.

But a comparison to being against Voter ID requirement is very valid and shows the backlash against Voter ID is purely political.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
When the National Chair person and National Committee member and CO-Chairs of your own party release this statement rebuking what you have said. They I don't think you line up with that Party any Longer

Saturday, other members of the GOP told KOCO 5 News the post does not reflect the feelings of the party, only a few individuals.

In a joint statement, Steve Curry, national committeeman, the co-chair and a chairwoman issued a joint statement.

“We three members find that this post is not only absurd in its attempt to compare the government act to control the pandemic with the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany but also terribly disrespectful to the memories of those who lost their lives to that horrible purge," the statement said.
H*ll what the guy said doesn't match with our congressional or senatorial leadership either...much less any sane person in the party. Stupid gonna stupid I guess...His "leadership" should be revoked.

Sep 3, 2010
Since a race car driver wears a helmet when they drive, shouldn't we all wear helmets?

Don't ignore relative risk when assessing safety situations or you end up with outlandish proposals.
Yes, if we are driving 200mph. If you can transmit the virus and you are tending to sick people shouldn't you wear the best mask available?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yes, if we are driving 200mph. If you can transmit the virus and you are tending to sick people shouldn't you wear the best mask available?
What I've seen is that they are trying to get regular folks to wear the 2nd best available PPE and trying to save the best PPE for Health Care workers and they have been trying to do it through some very wishy washy verbiage and talking points.

I think it is them trying to reserve effective PPE for Health Care folks in a manner that isn't causing a panic in the normal folks, who would then snatch up all the top rate PPE and our health care workers would be left without protection which if enough are down it collapses the entire Health system.

Now that said, I think all they REALLY accomplished was to put out very convoluted and confusing messages about the PPE and damaged their own credibility while doing so.

Just my opinion

May 31, 2007
Concord
We have to show id to board a plane...I'm down
We have to show id in Oklahoma to vote...I'm down
We have to show id to buy certain products and pick up prescriptions...down with it
We have to show id to enter a bar...agreed
We have to show id AND insurance coverage if we get pulled over on the highway...pretty much no choice.

Point being...Many if not most OF US on the board AND in society are fine with showing an ID...including to vote OR to prove we are safe for various activities...why make it divisive when it's not really? I guess only when it suits a certain divisive argument.??
As a POC, I can tell you that many PsOC feel that requiring ID is a form of racism or intimidation and they feel that way across the board. Whether that be when the police asks for it, when voting, when getting the vaccine, and so forth. And they will feel that way when a requirement for proving vaccine status arises. So my point is that showing ID is not a controversial issue only when voting is involved. The media and pols may only care about it when it’s a voting requirement issue but for the people that feel affected it’s an across the board issue.

May 31, 2007
Concord
My question is, if the masks regular folks are wearing are not effective, why require them at all? Only for appearance sake? I realize we want the PPE that actually work to be reserved for HC professionals so why not put social distancing measures back in place such as work from home, remote school, etcetera that actually work instead of this cloth mask nonsense?

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1422986283748630530
So essentially, vaccinations may not help with the Delta variant. Viral loads are the same as unvaccinated people and you can still have long term side effects. You may get lesser symptoms if you get COVID, but maybe not and you could still die.

GOT. IT.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
So essentially, vaccinations may not help with the Delta variant. Viral loads are the same as unvaccinated people and you can still have long term side effects. You may get lesser symptoms if you get COVID, but maybe not and you could still die.

GOT. IT.
Except I don't recall that being correct.