Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 31, 2007
Concord
You and I both know that these things are far more nuanced than that. My point is why be divisive politically on covid specifically. It’s counter productive snd divisive when we should be in agreement regarding covid. Voter id isn’t in the same discussion as covid unless one makes it so…which is by it’s own nature a whiney divisive argument. That’s all.
Showing ID isn’t in a discussion about Covid UNTIL showing ID starts to become a requirement to prove vaccination status. Then everything related to showing ID and what that means (is it racist, is it exclusionary, is it a form of intimidation, etcetera) is on the table. For example, is forcing people to show ID to prove vaccination status in order to get into BPS racist/a form of intimidation/etcetera to to some and if so, why should we be ok with that?

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
From the INTEGRIS VP:

All caregivers 100% masking in every and all spaces.

I hope they compensate us for this inhuman penalizing.

sent from Tapatalk just to annoy CowboyOrangeFan
Thank you for taking on this burden.
I'll have to put bourbon in my sippy cup when I get home to try to forget the inhumanity of it all.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
From the INTEGRIS VP:

All caregivers 100% masking in every and all spaces.

I hope they compensate us for this inhuman penalizing.

sent from Tapatalk just to annoy CowboyOrangeFan
Just curious. What kind of masks do they require at Integris?
If you are unvaccinated, N95, otherwise any 2-3 layer mask.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
When the National Chair person and National Committee member and CO-Chairs of your own party release this statement rebuking what you have said. They I don't think you line up with that Party any Longer

Saturday, other members of the GOP told KOCO 5 News the post does not reflect the feelings of the party, only a few individuals.

In a joint statement, Steve Curry, national committeeman, the co-chair and a chairwoman issued a joint statement.

“We three members find that this post is not only absurd in its attempt to compare the government act to control the pandemic with the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany but also terribly disrespectful to the memories of those who lost their lives to that horrible purge," the statement said.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
There were just over 5,000 new cases this last weekend and now we are hitting over 2k New cases per day. We are quickly tending toward the worst it has ever been.

https://twitter.com/koconews/status/1422963881429766146

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
When the National Chair person and National Committee member and CO-Chairs of your own party release this statement rebuking what you have said. They I don't think you line up with that Party any Longer

Saturday, other members of the GOP told KOCO 5 News the post does not reflect the feelings of the party, only a few individuals.

In a joint statement, Steve Curry, national committeeman, the co-chair and a chairwoman issued a joint statement.

“We three members find that this post is not only absurd in its attempt to compare the government act to control the pandemic with the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany but also terribly disrespectful to the memories of those who lost their lives to that horrible purge," the statement said.
https://twitter.com/carmenmforman/status/1422547154640441357?s=21

May 31, 2007
Concord

It’s never smart to play the Holocaust card especially if you’re an R. There were too many that were given a pass on Hitler comparisons to Trump as well. I guess people want to swing for the fences with their analogies sometimes.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
If you believe the a vaccine passport should require a picture ID, but are adamant against requiring an ID for voting, to the point you call a Voter ID policy “racist”…then you are absolutely being hypocritical.
Very much like saying that if you believe abortion is wrong to the point of calling it "murder" but are for capital punishment then you are absolutely being hypocritical.

These issues are far from being absolute. Two different things with very different legal statuses simply do not equate and become absolutely hypocritical because of vague similarities that feel good to a one-sided argument.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Showing ID isn’t in a discussion about Covid UNTIL showing ID starts to become a requirement to prove vaccination status. Then everything related to showing ID and what that means (is it racist, is it exclusionary, is it a form of intimidation, etcetera) is on the table. For example, is forcing people to show ID to prove vaccination status in order to get into BPS racist/a form of intimidation/etcetera to to some and if so, why should we be ok with that?
We have to show id to board a plane...I'm down
We have to show id in Oklahoma to vote...I'm down
We have to show id to buy certain products and pick up prescriptions...down with it
We have to show id to enter a bar...agreed
We have to show id AND insurance coverage if we get pulled over on the highway...pretty much no choice.

Point being...Many if not most OF US on the board AND in society are fine with showing an ID...including to vote OR to prove we are safe for various activities...why make it divisive when it's not really? I guess only when it suits a certain divisive argument.??