Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So you have to show your vaccine card and wait for it…….photo ID. Photo ID is required to prove your vaccine card actually belongs to you but no ID is required to cast a vote?

Excelsior Pass: New York's COVID Vaccine Passport

Need something else?

Immunization Record to get a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record
New York State’s Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results. The Pass is only accepted in New York State.

Businesses and entertainment venues can scan and validate the pass to ensure you meet any COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements for entry. When using the pass, you’ll be asked to show a photo ID that shows your name and birth date to verify identity.

The Excelsior Pass can digitally store information on your smartphone with the Excelsior Pass Wallet app, available for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. You can also print your Pass from the Excelsior Pass website and bring it with you.

Participation in Excelsior Pass is voluntary. You can always show alternate proof of vaccination or testing, like another mobile application or paper form, directly at a business or venue.

Once you enter an establishment, you must continue to follow social distancing, face covering and hand hygiene guidelines.
Why do you insist on combining two very different things and making a political statement out of Covid...One can believe that an ID should be required for voting and that id's may also be required in a pandemic to insure restaurants remain open. These two things are not close to similar and combining them in a post is asinine and serves no value or interest to our current situation (i.e. people are dying because they refuse to get vaccinated). Btw, nearly 100% of our political leaders of both parties have gotten the vaccine...the problem is the rank and file need to get the jabs to avoid these types of policies being even remotely required. The blame for the policies falls on the unvaccinated...not the politicians who feel forced to make them to protect the public, it is what it is.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Concord
Why do you insist on combining two very different things and making a political statement out of Covid...One can believe that an ID should be required for voting and that id's may also be required in a pandemic to insure restaurants remain open. These two things are not close to similar and combining them in a post is asinine and serves no value or interest to our current situation (i.e. people are dying because they refuse to get vaccinated). Btw, nearly 100% of our political leaders of both parties have gotten the vaccine...the problem is the rank and file need to get the jabs to avoid these types of policies being even remotely required. The blame for the policies falls on the unvaccinated...not the politicians who feel forced to make them to protect the public, it is what it is.
Your post is really hard to decode so I apologize in advance if I’m misunderstanding, but I don’t think the person you responded to has a problem with people that think voter ID laws are okay. I think he’s pointing out the hypocrisy of those that think voter ID laws are hateful yet at the same time think ID should be produced for vaccination status.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Your post is really hard to decode so I apologize in advance if I’m misunderstanding, but I don’t think the person you responded to has a problem with people that think voter ID laws are okay. I think he’s pointing out the hypocrisy of those that think voter ID laws are hateful yet at the same time think ID should be produced for vaccination status.
Yep, but he is comparing two vastly different things that don't deserve comparison. It reminds me of that old sesame street bit "one of these things is not like the other." The tendency of some of my brothers on the right to make Covid political is damaging and needs to end. People that have a "voice" like Charlie Kirk are doing the most damage to anyone wanting the pandemic to end. We are in a really sad state and the way out is a united front around the vaccine...not politically divisive SELF DEFEATING, stupid BS.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Well guess what... my wife got the vid. We're both fully vaccinated, we both work from home.

I have no idea where she got it. My son is never sick and he was coughing and sputtering for about a week. I was kind of sick too. I wonder if we were some of the mildly symptomatic people.

My wife is a different story. She's gone through chemo so it's a little scarier with her but the fact that she's been vaccinated makes me feel better about it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well guess what... my wife got the vid. We're both fully vaccinated, we both work from home.

I have no idea where she got it. My son is never sick and he was coughing and sputtering for about a week. I was kind of sick too. I wonder if we were some of the mildly symptomatic people.

My wife is a different story. She's gone through chemo so it's a little scarier with her but the fact that she's been vaccinated makes me feel better about it.
Prayers for you and your family...

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Sitting at Baptist right now. The hall is packed. Talking to a nurse the story appears to be the same. The vaccine is maybe not as effective as hoped in preventing the vid but the vaccinated people who get it recover much better.
We have declared a state of emergency at Baptist.

sent from Tapatalk just to annoy CowboyOrangeFan

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Yep, but he is comparing two vastly different things that don't deserve comparison. It reminds me of that old sesame street bit "one of these things is not like the other." The tendency of some of my brothers on the right to make Covid political is damaging and needs to end. People that have a "voice" like Charlie Kirk are doing the most damage to anyone wanting the pandemic to end. We are in a really sad state and the way out is a united front around the vaccine...not politically divisive SELF DEFEATING, stupid BS.
Maybe they don't "deserve comparison" simply because it doesn't fit the narrative you are looking for. Once again, as BAP clearly stated, he was "...pointing out the hypocrisy of those that think voter ID laws are hateful yet at the same time think ID should be produced for vaccination status.". It's a comparison to demonstrate the hypocrisy; and yes, simply because two things may be "vastly different" in your mind doesn't somehow suddenly exempt them from comparison.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
It sounds like several of you don’t actually understand why some people are against voter ID laws. Or you would understand why there isn’t any hypocrisy involved.

@Rack is right (God save me for saying that). A constitutionally protected right that is exercised via a government controlled process is much different than what is being discussed for vaccine confirmation.

By the way, as long as the government offers to provide a free photo ID at the time of registration (which some do I believe), then I have no problem with a photo ID requirement.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Maybe they don't "deserve comparison" simply because it doesn't fit the narrative you are looking for. Once again, as BAP clearly stated, he was "...pointing out the hypocrisy of those that think voter ID laws are hateful yet at the same time think ID should be produced for vaccination status.". It's a comparison to demonstrate the hypocrisy; and yes, simply because two things may be "vastly different" in your mind doesn't somehow suddenly exempt them from comparison.[/QUOTE

Here’s the thing, many people, including me, think voter id is fine and should, in fact, be required yet ALSO think it’s ok to produce your vaccine and your ID as a pass to enter certain establishments and that we even could be nearing a point that it may be required fir both our health and safety and for business to return without risk of lockdown. So Yep my “narrative” is that its moronic and divisive to compare these two things and to assume we in the GOP are all in lock step on these two extremely different issues is folly.

Mar 11, 2006
It sounds like several of you don’t actually understand why some people are against voter ID laws. Or you would understand why there isn’t any hypocrisy involved.

@Rack is right (God save me for saying that). A constitutionally protected right that is exercised via a government controlled process is much different than what is being discussed for vaccine confirmation.

By the way, as long as the government offers to provide a free photo ID at the time of registration (which some do I believe), then I have no problem with a photo ID requirement.
If you believe the a vaccine passport should require a picture ID, but are adamant against requiring an ID for voting, to the point you call a Voter ID policy “racist”…then you are absolutely being hypocritical.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Here’s the thing, many people, including me, think voter id is fine and should, in fact, be required yet ALSO think it’s ok to produce your vaccine and your ID as a pass to enter certain establishments and that we even could be nearing a point that it may be required fir both our health and safety and for business to return without risk of lockdown. So Yep my “narrative” is that its moronic and divisive to compare these two things and to assume we in the GOP are all in lock step on these two extremely different issues is folly.
Let's establish a baseline: the comment you made and which I highlighted above represents two issues you agree with regarding the presentation of an ID, and I also agree with that. Now, please don't take this the wrong way because I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, and definitely lemme know where I'm missing your point; however, the original point (OP) made wasn't what you stated and which I highlighted, rather, the OP was that many people DON'T like the voter ID requirement because it's racist, restrictive, or whatever adjective of the day they use, but then now turn around and somehow think that having to produce an ID for a vaccine is just fine and dandy (or maybe even vice versa).

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
God bless her and them Binman. I refuse to let my doubts about the efficacy of masks and shots to allow me to be a danger to my family and my students. It is a weird feeling that I have about it, but ultimately I err on the side of protecting them.

My wife is in quarantine right now. She works in home health as an HTS and 1 of her clients tested positive on the way back from a trip out of state. She's terrified. She was out of town a week, which is really hard on us but especially my 15yr old Autistic daughter that depends on her for everything. I try, but she won't let me be what my wife is. So we have another week to wait and pray. I miss my wife so much.

The client had her shots. So has my wife and her coworker. So have I and the rest of our girls. That doesn't eliminate fear. I know Stillwater is packed. I know she's scared and I cannot comfort her the ways I am good at.

We have to stop allowing this crap to be over-politicized. I don't have a political side in this. I love my wife. That's what I know.
It really is amazing how politicians can turn something that is about our overall health as a society into a political ploy to divide us as a country even more :facepalm::thumbdown:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Wow...this whole ID thing just went wild.

It is like going to an OSU Football Game and you want to go get a beer and your buddy next to you says "Hey take your ID they ID everyone for beer" and then some guy sitting 5 rows behind you starts yelling about if you need an ID to get a beer at the OSU Football game then you need an ID to vote, and then a giant argument breaking out in the stands over Voter ID laws.

And we wonder how politicians divide us ....well there you have it.

There are a different set of Voter ID laws for every different State and I'm betting there will be COVID just as many Vaccine ID laws/rules/policies/protocols as well

the real question here is that some want a Universal Standard for both Voter ID law and Vaxx ID Laws. Well there are 50 different entities out there that can make their own rules.....So good luck as there will never be a standard

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It really is amazing how politicians can turn something that is about our overall health as a society into a political ploy to divide us as a country even more :facepalm::thumbdown:
The party not in power will always blames the party in power for anything that goes wrong. It's how the game is played. Whether it's a recession, a hurricane, war between 2 foreign countries on the other side of globe, or a pandemic the guy in the White house caused it. The media will support or oppose this assertion based on their years old biases.

I just cling to hope enough people look a little deeper into the cause and effect.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Let's establish a baseline: the comment you made and which I highlighted above represents two issues you agree with regarding the presentation of an ID, and I also agree with that. Now, please don't take this the wrong way because I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, and definitely lemme know where I'm missing your point; however, the original point (OP) made wasn't what you stated and which I highlighted, rather, the OP was that many people DON'T like the voter ID requirement because it's racist, restrictive, or whatever adjective of the day they use, but then now turn around and somehow think that having to produce an ID for a vaccine is just fine and dandy (or maybe even vice versa).
You and I both know that these things are far more nuanced than that. My point is why be divisive politically on covid specifically. It’s counter productive snd divisive when we should be in agreement regarding covid. Voter id isn’t in the same discussion as covid unless one makes it so…which is by it’s own nature a whiney divisive argument. That’s all.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
You and I both know that these things are far more nuanced than that. My point is why be divisive politically on covid specifically. It’s counter productive snd divisive when we should be in agreement regarding covid. Voter id isn’t in the same discussion as covid unless one makes it so…which is by it’s own nature a whiney divisive argument. That’s all.
Not sure if you noticed but I previously agreed with your points ;)