Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I wouldn’t advocate doing anything so that the media will move on to the next thing. The media has way too much power as it is.
I’m advocating doing the right thing so your friends and family don’t die…I don’t give a crap about the media’s reaction anymore.

The vaccines are safe and effective…if anyone is holding out it’s their inaction that is causing the media’s reaction to the spike in cases…not vice versa.

nearly all of the leaders on all sides are saying get the vaccine…why are some still holding out??? Trump developed and got it, his family all got it, all our Oklahoma Republican reps got the vaccine….so what do those holding out know that their leaders who are privy to the facts don’t? We can blame the media for their overreaction all we want but the holdouts are driving the spike and the deaths and restrictions. We need to put our displeasure where it belongs and it ain’t only with the media.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I’m advocating doing the right thing so your friends and family don’t die…I don’t give a crap about the media’s reaction anymore.

The vaccines are safe and effective…if anyone is holding out it’s their inaction that is causing the media’s reaction to the spike in cases…not vice versa.
peoples family and friends are starting to get it. It is starting to hit home for alot of people because now they know people who have it.....it took Delta level contagiousness equal to chicken pox for many to start taking it seriously.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1422628817047277571

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
peoples family and friends are starting to get it. It is starting to hit home for alot of people because now they know people who have it.....it took Delta level contagiousness equal to chicken pox for many to start taking it seriously.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1422628817047277571
I’m glad people are getting it and you and your family are in our prayers.

May 31, 2007
Concord
if anyone is holding out it’s their inaction that is causing the media’s reaction to the spike in cases…not vice versa.
Vaccination isn’t going to prevent transmission. Media gonna media. If they want to continue with the scare tactics they can and will regardless of vaccination rates. I don’t blame individuals for what the media does.

For the record I am vaccinated and probably was among the very first to have achieved that status. And everyone I know intimately is vaccinated. I do advocate that people do that. The real issue is the credibly that the so-called experts lost because they made this a political issue in an election year. I don’t know that you can get the genie back in the bottle on that one.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Vaccination isn’t going to prevent transmission. Media gonna media. If they want to continue with the scare tactics they can and will regardless of vaccination rates. I don’t blame individuals for what the media does.

For the record I am vaccinated and probably was among the very first to have achieved that status. And everyone I know intimately is vaccinated. I do advocate that people do that. The real issue is the credibly that the so-called experts lost because they made this a political issue in an election year. I don’t know that you can get the genie back in the bottle on that one.
If vaccination happened to the scale needed we wouldn't have much transmission and very little death.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
If vaccination happened to the scale needed we wouldn't have much transmission and very little death.
Yet here we are

I talked to a friend of mine at lunch today who's spouse is an ER doctor. It is a small ER and only has 10 beds and it is in NE Oklahoma. the entire shift last night was run out of two gurneys set up at the end of a dead end hallway and all patients were being treated and triaged there. All of the beds in the ER were full with patients on hold for transfer to hospitals outside of Oklahoma as there was no more room for them in the state. They had one city ambulance taking patients to the town municipal air strip and fixed wing air ambulances were shuttling patients to Kansas or Colorado. One of those locations was Kansas City who was accepting out of state patients, but before the end of the shift last night had started rejecting all new patients as they were getting full.

They said the ER waiting room was full and people were waiting outside in their cars to get in. The Nursing crew is stretched and are threatening to walk out.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Get over it, it's no longer an election year...thank the Lord...that was rough. It's in NO political party or groups best interest for this pandemic to continue...yet it persist...why? It's because it is what it is...a real danger to society...with real and lasting impacts, yet we have a tool to fight it, and STILL...it persist due to bullheaded low information fearful reactionaries who won't get a simple vaccine to protect themselves and their families and by extension the rest of society. I'll never understand it.

Last edited: