Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Fear sells. The more fear can be hyped, the more money they make. It's a conflict of interest, and it makes our population walk around believing the world is a really scary, bad place.
So I tried 2345, 4567, and even 5678 kicked back a story. Are there really enough stories to cover every single number? Or is this a AI search bot?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://twitter.com/koconews/status/1422564236031668224

The following 16 destinations moved to the CDC's "Level 4: COVID-19 Very High" category on Aug. 2: Andorra, Curaçao, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Iran, Ireland, Isle of Man, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Libya, Malta, Martinique, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin and U.S. Virgin Islands.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
So I tried 2345, 4567, and even 5678 kicked back a story. Are there really enough stories to cover every single number? Or is this a AI search bot?
Could be either one, I'm sure. But can you imagine how many individual web pages exist worldwide for local, regional, state, country, and worldwide updates over the last year? I could easily see many thousands of unique numbers existing at the rate the pages were updating.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Do me a favor.

Google 223 new Covid cases and see what happens.

Now. Pick any number up to 2,500 and do the exact same search.

Please let me know what you find. Any number. Particularly any 3 digit number seems to have a story. Just tried 3456 and yup, there’s a story.
Yeah, I just did it with 3 totally random numbers. What is up with that? Things that make you go hmmm.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yeah, I just did it with 3 totally random numbers. What is up with that? Things that make you go hmmm.
Biggest story since WWII...it's only logical that millions of stories have been written about it. Doesn't make me go "hmmm" at all...of course I'm not looking for political power based conspiracies' in every action anymore either.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Biggest story since WWII...it's only logical that millions of stories have been written about it. Doesn't make me go "hmmm" at all...of course I'm not looking for political power based conspiracies' in every action anymore either.
OK. Cool. Good to know. Thanks for your input.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
"Previous flu season" and "worldwide pandemic" are different things. Your logic is flawed, Sippy Cup.
Different virus, same preventative measures Mr. Hannity. Next time you try to call someone names, try to be original or at least quote the source.
Different virus, different RO, different death rate... again, annual flu season versus worldwide pandemic are different things. Again, your logic is flawed... apples and oranges.

Did you equate being put in time out to capital punishment?

sent from Tapatalk just to annoy CowboyOrangeFan

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
OK. Cool. Good to know. Thanks for your input.
Ok, you tell me why this makes you go "hmmm?" To me it's logical for what you did to bring up covid stories...not sure how your mind makes that into some sort of conspiracy? Would like to know as it's interesting to study why certain segments are so into things like conspiracy and what might be causing our vast division in our society....so it can be mended.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Ok, you tell me why this makes you go "hmmm?" To me it's logical for what you did to bring up covid stories...not sure how your mind makes that into some sort of conspiracy? Would like to know as it's interesting to study why certain segments are so into things like conspiracy and what might be causing our vast division in our society....so it can be mended.
It may not be conspiracy concerns, but more noticing the immense and inundating coverage of this since it became a thing. Does it not make you wonder how much money news outlets have made off of this since last December.....?

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
I just said it makes you go hmmm. It made me go hmmm. It didn't make you go hmmm. Did I say it was the biggest story since WW2...nope. Did I say "Wow what a conspiracy this is!!!" ? Nope. I thought it was interesting and a little off...it made me go hmmm. I realize how stupid I was and will try to do better in the future. Again, thank you for your input.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Man.....please get vaxxed! I know 5 people really close to me that were unvaxxed who have it...one in the hospital on a vent, 2 at home and improving, and one getting plasma treatment right now in hospital, and sadly one passed about 2 months ago. I know 1 person who was vaxxed who also caught it, they had a fever for 3 days and it is now gone.

If you don't trust news, drs, internet etc....just look around at the people u know and your community

Yesterday there were over 50 people in an ER in Tulsa who needed a bed and couldn't get one

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
OK & CA
I don’t think it makes one a conspiracy theorist to doubt the news coverage certain topics get. I find it encouraging that more and more people look at things with a critical eye rather than accepting them wholesale.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It may not be conspiracy concerns, but more noticing the immense and inundating coverage of this since it became a thing. Does it not make you wonder how much money news outlets have made off of this since last December.....?
They have made a bunch off of this crisis and that’s sad, but they would also make a bunch off any crisis of this magnitude. I don’t think there are many people on the planet that don’t want this over…maybe some sicko in his basement…however, bottom line, the fact that media is reporting like mad on it doesn’t mean it’s not a very real and scary thing. Especially if a person has failed himself/herself and his/her family by being so stubborn and not doing the very simple things that prevent this from even being a thing at this point in time. I’m sorry, but I work at a medical center and we are seeing delta spike. Its discouraging because most medical people I know think we could have prevented this latest surge by simply doing the right thing and getting the vaccines. Those of us on the right that tend to blame media first yet won’t do our own simple and safe part are a big part of this problem. Sorry…but truth is true.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I just said it makes you go hmmm. It made me go hmmm. It didn't make you go hmmm. Did I say it was the biggest story since WW2...nope. Did I say "Wow what a conspiracy this is!!!" ? Nope. I thought it was interesting and a little off...it made me go hmmm. I realize how stupid I was and will try to do better in the future. Again, thank you for your input.
I wasn’t saying you are stupid…I’m just frustrated as you are with this current spike and the problems it cause in the hospital and with death. We can do a few things to prevent that…we just need to Make sure we do snd the media will subside into some other issue