Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I’m thinking of places like google. I don’t see how with as many laws as we have against discrimination in the workplace all of a sudden now an employer can create their own rules for discrimination and it stands up in court.

Flip side is almost every company in this country has a help wanted sign on the door. They can’t find employees the way it is. We just returned from vacation and almost every business we went in had a sign on the front door stating they are short on staff. I even saw a billboard for a fast food company advertising starting wages at $17/hr. If jobs cannot be filled now how are they going to be filled with vaccination rules?
Healthcare systems are requiring it now...three or four in Oklahoma I have read already have required the shot for their employees but do make exceptions for things like religious beliefs and allergy to vaccines. In a pandemic the overall good of society has to take precedent over a lack of understand. It can be argued that not taking the shot is actual discrimination against the rest of society because it increases the likelihood that the person not taking the shot get's infected and either requires hospital care, dies, or infects someone who does. At this point it really is getting hard to understand why we still have millions of unvaccinated citizens who are STILL unwilling to do their part. Certainly those with allergies and can't take the shot I understand. Everyone has to make up their own mind, I just hope those who haven't, or their families, don't get infected and die..sincerely.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I take it about twice a month with my doctors blessing. Have for about a year. There was a doctor that posted on here a while back that promoted it and he was ridiculed and made fun of by all of the “experts” on here. It was great because he stuck to his guns and basically told everyone else to pound sand. I quit taking it after I got vaccinated but recently started back.
Yea, nothing more "great" than a doctor sticking to his guns against science for politics. The largest study in favor of Ivermectin has since been retracted because it was falsified. Incredible poor journalism that the WSJ would fail to mention that. The other studies are poorly done with huge amounts of confounding like putting the people that didn't require oxygen in the Ivermectin group. I wish it worked. It would be a great story. But, wishful thinking is not medicine, it is just wishful thinking. I know no real data I show you will change your mind just like you putting the words "expert" in parenthesis does not make me not an expert in something I have been doing for years. Unlike you, if someone does do a properly done, randomized, controlled trial that does show benefit, I will immediately change my mind and become an advocate. Science, not politics.

When the manufacturer of a drug says it doesn't work and the Cochrane group says don't use it, you are really, really reaching thinking it is a good idea to use it. I can assure you if Pfizer came out and said, "Based on trial data, our vaccine no longer works " I would not take another dose because a bunch of people still believe it does.
Donny thinks setting up some kind of fund will make these people not be stupid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I take it about twice a month with my doctors blessing. Have for about a year. There was a doctor that posted on here a while back that promoted it and he was ridiculed and made fun of by all of the “experts” on here. It was great because he stuck to his guns and basically told everyone else to pound sand. I quit taking it after I got vaccinated but recently started back.
Yea, nothing more "great" than a doctor sticking to his guns against science for politics. The largest study in favor of Ivermectin has since been retracted because it was falsified. Incredible poor journalism that the WSJ would fail to mention that. The other studies are poorly done with huge amounts of confounding like putting the people that didn't require oxygen in the Ivermectin group. I wish it worked. It would be a great story. But, wishful thinking is not medicine, it is just wishful thinking. I know no real data I show you will change your mind just like you putting the words "expert" in parenthesis does not make me not an expert in something I have been doing for years. Unlike you, if someone does do a properly done, randomized, controlled trial that does show benefit, I will immediately change my mind and become an advocate. Science, not politics.

When the manufacturer of a drug says it doesn't work and the Cochrane group says don't use it, you are really, really reaching thinking it is a good idea to use it. I can assure you if Pfizer came out and said, "Based on trial data, our vaccine no longer works " I would not take another dose because a bunch of people still believe it does.
The IVERCOR-COVID19 Trial, BMC Infect. Dis. 2021 Jul 2;21(1):635.

1. Doesn't prevent hospitalizations.
2. Ivermectin treated patients required earlier mechanical ventilation.
3. No significant differences in any of the secondary outcomes.

This is pretty definitive.

There were a lot of other reasons the doctor on here was ridiculed. Ivermectin wasn't even a major one.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1420723561455566849

Good, let’s keep up the effort to keep getting people vaccinated, and spend less effort penalizing with mask mandates those who have been vaccinated.
Penalizing? Wearing a mask is a penalty to you? You think you are oppressed if you have to wear a mask?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Penalizing? Wearing a mask is a penalty to you? You think you are oppressed if you have to wear a mask?

Yea, in fact it is a penalty and a burden when I'm forced to do something like that. I'll wear one when a business directs me to, but it doesn't make it any less of a burden. Leading up to this "Delta" variant we were repeateadly told information and recommendations that literally changed daily, with the most recent being that if you receive the vaccination you're good to go in terms of not only significantly reducing the risk of getting it again, but also significantly reducing the symptoms if you were to get it again. To date the facts support both of those comments, yet now we're told not so fast, better mask back up because we certainly don't want to infect those who now choose NOT to receive the vaccine. As I said before, let's keep up the effort to get more people vaccinated. Let's take the football season, make the games a maskless, full-capacity event and if you haven't been vaccinated and aren't comfortable attending, listen on the radio or watch it on TV from a tailgate or someone's home.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

There were a lot of other reasons the doctor on here was ridiculed. Ivermectin wasn't even a major one.

Thanks for posting! I've been working on vaccine hesitancy and most of that involves working on messaging about vaccine risks, but this ivermectin thing has been a thorn.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

Yea, in fact it is a penalty and a burden when I'm forced to do something like that. I'll wear one when a business directs me to, but it doesn't make it any less of a burden. Leading up to this "Delta" variant we were repeateadly told information and recommendations that literally changed daily, with the most recent being that if you receive the vaccination you're good to go in terms of not only significantly reducing the risk of getting it again, but also significantly reducing the symptoms if you were to get it again. To date the facts support both of those comments, yet now we're told not so fast, better mask back up because we certainly don't want to infect those who now choose NOT to receive the vaccine. As I said before, let's keep up the effort to get more people vaccinated. Let's take the football season, make the games a maskless, full-capacity event and if you haven't been vaccinated and aren't comfortable attending, listen on the radio or watch it on TV from a tailgate or someone's home.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

Hey smart-***, learn how to interpret responses that YOU solicited. I simply responded to a comment and question, not ask for some kind of pity party.
My questions were because I was incredulous that you were calling it a penalty. Maybe you ought to put down your sippy cup and grow up a little.

Mar 11, 2006

Lets keep an incentive for people to get vaccinated and don’t create policies that run counter to the objective of getting more people vaccinated.

Even Biden top health advisor said on CNN yesterday that most cloth masks are not effective at reducing transmission. Surprising he said it but not shocking.

Last edited:

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

Lets keep an incentive for people to get vaccinated and don’t create policies that run to the objective of getting more people vaccinated.

Even Biden top health advisor said on CNN yesterday that most cloth masks are not effective at reducing transmission. Surprising he said it but not shocking.
Did you forget that there are some people who can't get vaccinated? For instance, those on immunosuppressive therapy, like my niece. I mean, it would be nice if we could reach vaccination levels that would protect people like that, but since people have politicized it its doubtful that we will get there. So, are they just out of luck because Mr. Sippy Cup doesn't want to be "penalized" by wearing a mask (surely the equivalent of being disemboweled).

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

I am still a bit dumbfounded with this. I get trying this stuff on any and every parasite/mite/louse known to man, but when and who thought this might be effective against a virus?

Do we also have scientists out there trying to see how effective Fenbendazole or Pyrantel Pamoate is on this virus? They are also effective wormers.