Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I've heard of people being treated with that and it helping avoid severity.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
From what I understand in Mexico they had a test and treat protocol w/ this drug. They'd test you and if you came back positive they'd give you this right away. Does it work? :confused:
Who knows.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Hence the "typically". Plus the article says all seven had underlying health conditions.
I'm just saying that there are people having breakthrough cases causing similar reactions to the original virus based on their existing health issues. And that includes death.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
I've heard of people being treated with that and it helping avoid severity.

I take it about twice a month with my doctors blessing. Have for about a year. There was a doctor that posted on here a while back that promoted it and he was ridiculed and made fun of by all of the “experts” on here. It was great because he stuck to his guns and basically told everyone else to pound sand. I quit taking it after I got vaccinated but recently started back.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I take it about twice a month with my doctors blessing. Have for about a year. There was a doctor that posted on here a while back that promoted it and he was ridiculed and made fun of by all of the “experts” on here. It was great because he stuck to his guns and basically told everyone else to pound sand. I quit taking it after I got vaccinated but recently started back.
Yea, nothing more "great" than a doctor sticking to his guns against science for politics. The largest study in favor of Ivermectin has since been retracted because it was falsified. Incredible poor journalism that the WSJ would fail to mention that. The other studies are poorly done with huge amounts of confounding like putting the people that didn't require oxygen in the Ivermectin group. I wish it worked. It would be a great story. But, wishful thinking is not medicine, it is just wishful thinking. I know no real data I show you will change your mind just like you putting the words "expert" in parenthesis does not make me not an expert in something I have been doing for years. Unlike you, if someone does do a properly done, randomized, controlled trial that does show benefit, I will immediately change my mind and become an advocate. Science, not politics.

When the manufacturer of a drug says it doesn't work and the Cochrane group says don't use it, you are really, really reaching thinking it is a good idea to use it. I can assure you if Pfizer came out and said, "Based on trial data, our vaccine no longer works " I would not take another dose because a bunch of people still believe it does.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Yea, nothing more "great" than a doctor sticking to his guns against science for politics. The largest study in favor of Ivermectin has since been retracted because it was falsified. Incredible poor journalism that the WSJ would fail to mention that. The other studies are poorly done with huge amounts of confounding like putting the people that didn't require oxygen in the Ivermectin group. I wish it worked. It would be a great story. But, wishful thinking is not medicine, it is just wishful thinking. I know no real data I show you will change your mind just like you putting the words "expert" in parenthesis does not make me not an expert in something I have been doing for years. Unlike you, if someone does do a properly done, randomized, controlled trial that does show benefit, I will immediately change my mind and become an advocate. Science, not politics.

When the manufacturer of a drug says it doesn't work and the Cochrane group says don't use it, you are really, really reaching thinking it is a good idea to use it. I can assure you if Pfizer came out and said, "Based on trial data, our vaccine no longer works " I would not take another dose because a bunch of people still believe it does.
I wasn’t thinking of you when I made the “expert” jab lol. You’ve actually been pretty level headed throughout this thread and, believe it or not, I actually pay attention when you post on this subject. While I’m giving credit where credit is due, I also would point out that you were pretty much spot on from the outset when everyone, including myself, was scoffing at the seriousness of COVID in early 2020.

I take it based on the opinion of two doctors that I respect and, admittedly , limited reading on the subject. I just find it interesting the amount of certainty that people on here seem to have. Do we know for certain that ivermectin is an effective treatment for COVID? Nope. We also don’t know for certain that it isn’t. Do we know for certain that the vaccines that we are being told to take are safe and will be ultimately fully approved by the FDA. Nope. I took the Moderna shot because my doctor told me I should and I respect his opinion. During our discussion I reminded him that he once prescribed me a fully approved medication that was later pulled because it was killing people :eek: . We had a good laugh. It will be very interesting to re-visit this thread in a couple of years when we can actually say some things with certainty. Right now we just simply can’t do that.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I wasn’t thinking of you when I made the “expert” jab lol. You’ve actually been pretty level headed throughout this thread and, believe it or not, I actually pay attention when you post on this subject. While I’m giving credit where credit is due, I also would point out that you were pretty much spot on from the outset when everyone, including myself, was scoffing at the seriousness of COVID in early 2020.

I take it based on the opinion of two doctors that I respect and, admittedly , limited reading on the subject. I just find it interesting the amount of certainty that people on here seem to have. Do we know for certain that ivermectin is an effective treatment for COVID? Nope. We also don’t know for certain that it isn’t. Do we know for certain that the vaccines that we are being told to take are safe and will be ultimately fully approved by the FDA. Nope. I took the Moderna shot because my doctor told me I should and I respect his opinion. During our discussion I reminded him that he once prescribed me a fully approved medication that was later pulled because it was killing people :eek: . We had a good laugh. It will be very interesting to re-visit this thread in a couple of years when we can actually say some things with certainty. Right now we just simply can’t do that.
There is virtually never certainty in science and medicine. You have to go with the best available evidence. If you ask me if I am certain that ivermectin has no benefit in Covid my answer is no. All I am certain about is that, unlike vaccinations, the medical evidence presented to claim ivermectin is helpful is very weak. The most redeeming quality is the side effect risk isn’t particularly high.