Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Facebook is the devil...especially among people who never felt the need to fact check anything...(I would guess 50ish up...*note: I am beyond 50 myself but have always checked sources, probably cuz I am a history buff and do research on stuff, even movies based on true stories; I go overboard with those.
Back in the old days, we watched the nightly news, and they were honest (I think/thought) and we believed them, and now we still believe them, plus every social media post.
I tried to explain to my mom one time why you don't just believe and repost stuff on Facebook cuz it's someone's opinion (or lie)...I said that is like seeing a stranger on the street and believing something they told you...I honestly give up...our world is getting stupider...
side note: (u can quit reading now if so inclined) my mom and sister said they read/saw where there was a magnetic chip in each vaccinated persons shoulder...I told my wife that the next time we visit parents I was going to randomly run into the refrigerator when I walked by...that's all
I did the refrigerator trick with the combine. My brother in law was not laughing, he actually got mad and left

herpes
chlamydia
diptheria
strep throat
meningococcus
mrsa
norovirus
I could go on and on.........
I guess the next time I go to Walmart I should be on the lookout for herpes or chlamydia. Might be hard to explain to the wife if I bring one of them home.
On a serious note how many of those are transmitted by strictly talking to a person or just being in close contact?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I don’t know but what are the odds a healthy guy vaccinated tests positive twice in a six week period?
Before covid came along how many people had ever heard the term “asymptomatic spread?” For the doctors on here what other diseases should we be worried about with asymptomatic spread?
Vaccinated or unvaccinated, if you test positive today, in 6 weeks you will still test positive. Generally after the 2 weeks isolation, you are free to go back to normal without being retested because you will still test positive.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
anyone here listen to Phil ?
His family released a statement
“Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an ‘anti-vaxer’ he regrets not being more vehemently ‘Pro-Vaccine’ and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon,” his family wrote in their statement.
Their statement concluded, “Phil & his family would like for all of you to know that he loves y’all and appreciates your concern, thoughts & prayers more than you will ever know. Please continue to pray for his recovery and PLEASE GO GET VACCINATED!”

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I don't have data on exactly how many have been affected only discussion with two pediatric cardiologist who have said that the myocarditis that they have seen from COVID is more frequent and severe than from immunization (anecdotal, i know)

This is recent from MMWR regarding overall risk of vaccination in the age group. Bottom line, more risk from COVID than the vaccine in the teen age group and that is without even considering "long covid."

View attachment 91100
I just had this exact same discussion with our GP. Since our 15 year old has Lyme disease, he’s more susceptible to inflammation like myocarditis. There are some cases caused by the second Pfizer shot which my son is scheduled to take. He said the cases caused by the vaccine are far fewer and less serious than those caused by the virus. my son is getting that 2nd shot this week.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I guess the next time I go to Walmart I should be on the lookout for herpes or chlamydia. Might be hard to explain to the wife if I bring one of them home.
On a serious note how many of those are transmitted by strictly talking to a person or just being in close contact?
Quite a few that he listed.

When I was a kid, my grandmother watched me while my parents were at work. I was getting strep alot and come to find out my grandmother had it didn't know and just kept reinfecting me.

I'm not a doctor and this an anecdotal example but I'd inclined chicken pox as well. The first time I found out I had chicken pox was decades later when I got shingles. My brother had them pretty bad but I always assumed I just lucked out. For all I know he got it from me without me or my parents realizing I had it. Viruses are really weird. With this one though, it's no biggie because we have a vaccine for it.

Dec 9, 2013
CDC has recorded 153,000 break through cases where the person exhibited symptoms in those already vaxxed

If that’s ALL of the breakthrough cases in a population of 165MM fully vaccinated that’s a 0.09% breakthrough rate. That is remarkable and shows just how well these work.

It will be interesting to see what those #s are in 3 months after Delta can be considered.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
If that’s ALL of the breakthrough cases in a population of 165MM fully vaccinated that’s a 0.09% breakthrough rate. That is remarkable and shows just how well these work.

It will be interesting to see what those #s are in 3 months after Delta can be considered.
well that is break through rate WITH symptoms. so not really the actual breakthrough rate of infections..cause without symptoms they never know they had it

Dec 9, 2013
According to John’s Hopkins as much as 50% of flu cases are asymptotic and an asymptotic person w the flu is capable of infecting others.

I did not know that.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1419673635493666821?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1419673635493666821%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.totalprosports.com%2F2021%2F07%2F26%2Freport-13-nfl-staffers-multiple-players-test-positive-despite-getting-shot%2F

Dec 9, 2013
well that is break through rate WITH symptoms. so not really the actual breakthrough rate of infections..cause without symptoms they never know they had it
I read it that way just didn’t type that way. Thank you for clarifying. But that number would have to be 100x higher to equal the announced effective rate of 90%. By an incredible margin these vaccines are outperforming expectations.