Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 3, 2010
So, then, oh wise one, tell me what is required for EUA.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
My point was and continues to be that it is perfectly reasonable for a logical human being to expect FDA approval before taking any shot. You stated that it has been FDA approved because pharmacies were giving the shot. It has not been formally approved. You were wrong. It's ok.

Jun 14, 2011
So if Ivomectin gets emergency use authorization will you take it?
What does that have to do with anything? I don't know anything about Ivomectin and as a result am not going to comment either way.

This discussion is on the vaccines and their full FDA approval. If you or anyone else who is saying "I'm not getting the vaccine b/c it is not FDA approved, but will if it gets FDA approved" and then says "I'm still not getting it because... reasons" then you and/or they are kooks. I thought this was pretty straight forward from my earlier post, so my apologies if I was not being clear.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
So, then, oh wise one, tell me what is required for EUA.

My point was and continues to be that it is perfectly reasonable for a logical human being to expect FDA approval before taking any shot. You stated that it has been FDA approved because pharmacies were giving the shot. It has not been formally approved. You were wrong. It's ok.
You still don't understand what an EUA is.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
NFL informs teams for the 2021 season.

If ANY game has to be canceled due a COVID outbreak among UNVACCINATED players. Then the team with the outbreak and unvaxxed players will forfeit the game and take an Loss.

In any case a game has to be canceled due to a COVID outbreak involving unvaxxed players, then all players, coaches on BOTH teams will have that weeks pay suspended.

Oct 30, 2007
In any case a game has to be canceled due to a COVID outbreak involving unvaxxed players, then all players, coaches on BOTH teams will have that weeks pay suspended.
I wonder if this would stand up in court? It's hard for me to imagine that their contracts would allow teams to suspend their pay for medical reasons.

Sep 3, 2010
You still don't understand what an EUA is.

Even as President Biden, the C.D.C. and virtually the entire scientific community are urging — pleading with, even — Americans to get vaccinated, the government has not formally approved any vaccine. The Food and Drug Administration has instead given only “emergency use authorization” to the shots from Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson. That’s a temporary form of approval that allows people to receive shots while the agency continues to study their effectiveness and safety.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Sep 3, 2010
What does that have to do with anything? I don't know anything about Ivomectin and as a result am not going to comment either way.

This discussion is on the vaccines and their full FDA approval. If you or anyone else who is saying "I'm not getting the vaccine b/c it is not FDA approved, but will if it gets FDA approved" and then says "I'm still not getting it because... reasons" then you and/or they are kooks. I thought this was pretty straight forward from my earlier post, so my apologies if I was not being clear.
No worries. I took your post to mean that anyone waiting on FDA approval to take a vaccine was a kook. For what its worth I'm fully vaccinated. The second shot damn near kilt me.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1418194385473265664

I sincerely hope full FDA approval holds some kind of gravitas for all those who have complained about the vaccine being done too fast and not having full approval. Sadly, I believe the goal posts will continue to be unattainable by the kooks.
I can tell you the goal posts will move because look at it this way, it's not just kooks that would think this.

One, how long does it normally take a drug to receive full FDA approval? Isn't this in the multi-year category?

Two, how many drugs; I know it's not many, go through that full process and are still later recalled because of adverse side effects that were never caught until the drug was fully released, or were hidden by the manufacturer somehow?

The thought of there being issues just has to be plausible for people to come up with reasons to reject it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
NFL informs teams for the 2021 season.

If ANY game has to be canceled due a COVID outbreak among UNVACCINATED players. Then the team with the outbreak and unvaxxed players will forfeit the game and take an Loss.

So the game is canceled, the team with the unvaccinated players gets an L, and both teams and coaches lose pay. Why is this two separate statements if that's all basically the same thing? Or am I reading this wrong? And what happens if the outbreak is vaccinated players? What if there are vaccinated players that test positive and the unvaccinated players test negative?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
You:
Have we truly reached the point that expecting a substance that is being injected into your body to have FDA approval gets you labeled as a kook?
No worries. I took your post to mean that anyone waiting on FDA approval
Also you:
That’s a temporary form of approval that allows people to receive shots while the agency continues to study their effectiveness and safety.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/21/...da-approval.html?auth=link-dismiss-google1tap

Per the article:Even as President Biden, the C.D.C. and virtually the entire scientific community are urging — pleading with, even — Americans to get vaccinated, the government has not formally approved any vaccine. The Food and Drug Administration has instead given only “emergency use authorization” to the shots from Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson. That’s a temporary form of approval that allows people to receive shots while the agency continues to study their effectiveness and safety.

Methinks maybe you don't.

As someone who submits 510k's for a living... you are hilarious. I'll wait for you to look up what that is, spend five minutes of youtube research, and claim you knew all about it.

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
So if Ivomectin gets emergency use authorization will you take it?
JESUS H, MAN. You are just doubling down on your ignorance, aren't you?!

To start, one is a vaccine and the other is an antiparasitic. But beyond that, even in your own scenario, you would take the treatment if it was under an EUA and it was a last resort. You are freaking disproving your own point in your own analogy.

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder if this would stand up in court? It's hard for me to imagine that their contracts would allow teams to suspend their pay for medical reasons.
This is a good question. I imagine it would, though. There are physical standards you have to meet to play in the NFL, I think. Like if you have certain medical conditions they won't let you play, I think. This would be a good one for @CowboyJD

Mar 11, 2006
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1418310275241897985
@Binman4OSU Is Hopkins part of “the sheer volume of high level GOP” who did a “180” on COVID vaccinations? :). (honestly, I still am curious who are the high-level GOPers who were anti-vaxxers).

Looks like even CNN fact-checked a Dem Congressman and Rex Chapman (who you copied his tweet today on another thread) who falsely claimed McConnell only recently was pro-vaccine.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/politics/eric-swalwell-mitch-mcconnell-fact-check/index.html

Mar 11, 2006
Ugh.
I was glad to learn yesterday in a meeting with my local school superintendent that my public school (one of the larger HS in the state) will NOT be requiring masks at any grade level K through 12.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1418314260929712128?s=21

Dec 9, 2013
Ugh.
I was glad to learn yesterday in a meeting with my local school superintendent that my public school (one of the larger HS in the state) will NOT be requiring masks at any grade level K through 12.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1418314260929712128?s=21
Why are you opposed to masks?